+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

W

worriedbrit

Laura357 said:
I was asked to send more proof we had cohabited for one continuous year.. From March to November 09 we did not have much proof as we lived with my partners father therefore no joint utility bills/mortage etc. We just paid him a $100 each month to help out.. We had sent a letter from her father and other family members saying we lived there and receipts for items purchased together with both our names on at the same address... November 2009 to March 2010 we had sufficient proof as we had moved into our own home together..

I sent in more letters from family members and board receipts from her father..also mail in her name at the address and mail in my name at the address.. It has been 10 weeks since i sent in the extra documents and have not had any more news yet..
Argh, thats so annoying. I was given 60 days to provide the additional info, I assume its the same for you? We've still got about 2 weeks before the 60 days is up. So i know there is no chance of hearing anything before then. So frustrating! I hope you hear something soon.

Rob.Barrett

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2010
AOR Received.
05/11/2010
File Transfer...
22/10/2010
Med's Done....
06/08/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09/02/2011
VISA ISSUED...
04/03/2011
LANDED..........
31/03.2011
We're applying under Common Law Cat however i know we wont have any problems as the ammount of civil status proof we sent them was astronomical!

we were in the same situation as you actually as we lived with her parents for 12 months and lived on our own for 2 months.

I supplied them with a Letter proving that her parents had supported us in their house upon my initial move to Canada. Signed by them both.

Fingers Crossed 4 us All tho!

danifry

Mar 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-04-2010
File Transfer...
14-05-2010
Med's Done....
26-02-2010
Interview........
14-10-2010
Passport Req..
02-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
15-12-2010

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010

rrdiggy76

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
I GOT MY PPR TODAY
Congratulations! Almost finished!

I dropped my passport into CHC London yesterday by hand. I can go pick it up in 2 weeks and then it will all soon be over bar the landing. Just a few loose ends to tie up here, such as sell my house and resign from my job!

As a side note for any future PPR's;

If anyone plans on taking their passports to CHC London for hand delivery (not the drop box option...), it can only be done on a Thursday 2-3pm (collections too) and you may have to queue outside, as i did. 20mins, but at least it was sunny!

fenna1

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2010
File Transfer...
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
20-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
rrdiggy76 said:
Congratulations! Almost finished!

I dropped my passport into CHC London yesterday by hand. I can go pick it up in 2 weeks and then it will all soon be over bar the landing. Just a few loose ends to tie up here, such as sell my house and resign from my job!

As a side note for any future PPR's;

If anyone plans on taking their passports to CHC London for hand delivery (not the drop box option...), it can only be done on a Thursday 2-3pm (collections too) and you may have to queue outside, as i did. 20mins, but at least it was sunny!
Hi, Your timeline is really quick, can I ask what your circumstances are? I'm a sponsor sponsoring my husband, we got married in June this year after being together 12 months and both live together in England. Sometimes you read too much on here and stumble across some horror stories about even married couples with kids being denied.... thanks

rrdiggy76

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
Hi, Your timeline is really quick, can I ask what your circumstances are? I'm a sponsor sponsoring my husband, we got married in June this year after being together 12 months and both live together in England. Sometimes you read too much on here and stumble across some horror stories about even married couples with kids being denied.... thanks
Sure.

I'm the applicant, being sponsored by my (Canadian) Wife.

Met in March 2008 in Banff Snowboarding. We talked/skyped/emailed until July 2008 before deciding to give our developing relationship a go. Both travelled back and forth A LOT!!!! We spent a small fortune on flights the past 2 years and my mobile phone bill for one 6 month period showed over 6500 mins of international calls.....

Engaged in August 2009. My wife moved to England in November 2009.

Married in Banff January 2010 (and a blessing ceremony in Dominican Rep. in March 2010 for all the family/friends that couldn't make Banff - i.e too cold/prefer beach weddings lol).

I'm 33, she's 31, I've previously been married (back in 2002) she hasn't.

That's about it. All the normal boy meets girl stuff except for the 7 hour time difference!

I can't pinpoint what helped our timeline.

We have been living together for almost a year.

fenna1

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2010
File Transfer...
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
20-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
Hi rrdiggy76, thats great, just wanted to relate it to our getting together. We met at a college training for our jobs (we both have the same job, but in different establishments) so we never met before that and because it was a residential course and it was for 4 months, we grew quite close, being the only 2 Northerners out of 20!.

He has been married before and I have never lived in Canada, so was worried about proving to them the intent to re-establish myself in Canada. Plus we didn't have much of an engagement, I'm not much of a waiter so this process is killin me. I am 29 and he is 38. That my sound like a bit of an age difference on paper, but not how he acts!!! We have been living together since Sept 2009.

Thanks for sharing and hope all goes well with 'landing' :)

mmhughes

Star Member
Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
File Transfer...
17-11-2010
Med's Done....
23-08-2010
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. The end of last month the Mississauga office received our application. My husband is British and we are currently applying as a separated couple (outland). Many of these posts made me feel quite positive about this application process. I hold dual nationality with the UK and Canada (but I was brought up in Canada) and moved back to Canada after living there for nearly 5 years. I met my husband January 2006 and our relationship began July 2006. We lived with each other from February 2007 until I left in August 2010 due to the recession in the UK. My husband and I got married May 2010 and my family and some friends even flew over to the UK for our wedding.

Because I worked in the UK for the last five years I couldn't give them an Option C printout so I photocopied my pay stubs for the previous 12 months (which is in pound sterling) and included a letter explaining the situation. Hopefully this will suffice but it sounds like others have had to do this as well. I am a bit worried because when I calculated how much I made in the last year I based it on a 1.8 exchange rate. Today, it's hovering between 1.55 and 1.6. Which makes a huge difference! Do you think this will be an issue?

I am less nervous about the PR application because on top of photos I included leases, council tax bills, combined account details, other utility bills and so on. Hopefully this proof will be enough to show that our relationship is legit. And hopefully I didn't just jinx it by making this statement!

We haven't seen each other since early August but he's flying over in a month to spend our birthdays (November and January) and Christmas with me. It's hard but after the first month passed the time seemed to go by faster. And thank goodness for Skype! However, I heard that because his flight returning to the UK is mid-February (in time for Valentine's Day!), customs may give him a hard time at the airport and may possibly not let him in. What is the likelihood of this happening? I will be waiting at the airport (hopefully with the sponsorship letter in hand) so if necessary would I just have to vouch for him?

Thanks so much and good luck everyone!

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
...maybe i'm just being too optimistic but I have a gut feeling his application will be completed by February if its a routine case that is. Sounds to me like a pretty straightforward legit application.....Good luck and no need to panic. ;) ;)

rrdiggy76

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
Fenna1:

I'm sure all will be ok. The fact you are both in the same line of work must sit well with the IO handling your case. Compatibility between couples is looked at with education and work being used as a small part of this to determine such. That's not to say that a couple who share no common work backgrounds are disadvantaged, it's just one little thing towards the bigger picture.

mmhughes:

I am a bit worried because when I calculated how much I made in the last year I based it on a 1.8 exchange rate. Today, it's hovering between 1.55 and 1.6. Which makes a huge difference! Do you think this will be an issue?
There is no minimum income requirement for a spousal application, so how much you earn isn't too big a deal. The only concern is whether you are on any provincial income benefits.

However, I heard that because his flight returning to the UK is mid-February (in time for Valentine's Day!), customs may give him a hard time at the airport and may possibly not let him in. What is the likelihood of this happening?
Personally, i think he should be perfectly honest about the sponsorship application with the IO at customs. So long as your husband can show intent to return - which a return flight is good proof - and current ties to the UK there shouldn't be too much of an issue.

mmhughes

Star Member
Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
File Transfer...
17-11-2010