+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
SchnookoLoly said:
What is your home country? What were your reasons for moving? Did you provide a police check for that country initially?

My home country is Iran. And when I submitted my application, I included a police check. I thought that my application will not take more than 11 month to process, so I moved to my parents to wait there.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Updated! (HAH I beat Andrew for once!)
I let you have this one, you needed it!

gander

Nov 20, 2014
andrew-brit said:
This is a message to gander. Your inbox is full so I cannot message you directly.

Have you received sponsor approval? Any communication from CIC? Let us know so we can maintain your data in the spreadsheet.

Thanks,
Andrew
Hey,

Sorry for the lapse in communication, I got kind of tied up in trying to forget about my situation by not looking at the spreadsheet or forum so that I wouldn't be reminded how badly two little mistakes have screwed me!

So an update of my situation; I resent my application at the end of January, and according to the letter they send you they received my application on the 27th of November. However, I found out why it took so long for them to send my application back after I sent it in September, and it was because I sent to the P.O. box for people living in canada (a fair assumption I personally think seeing as I am living in Canada, but anyway). So I didn't realize this is the inland box, which is why I had nearly a 90 day turnaround for them to send my app back, even though everyone else was getting SA in 30 days. I didn't realize this until I'd sent it back to the same box a second time however, and when I realized I emailed CIC three times asking if they could move it to the right P.O. box but no one replied, so although I should be getting SA any day, for all I know its still going to sit on the inland pile for another two months until they realize its an outland application. So yeah.

So my new information for the spreadsheet is

App received on 27/11/2014
Common-Law
Location is London, Ontario

Let me know if you need anything else, sorry again for falling off the map, still really annoyed about the consequences of that chain of events, and how different it could have been if they things were labelled properly (i.e. inland and outland) or if they could have just requested 2 new forms for the out of date ones rather than sending my whole app back and making me resubmit it, without any heads up that I sent it to the wrong address the first time.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
gander said:
Hey,

Sorry for the lapse in communication, I got kind of tied up in trying to forget about my situation by not looking at the spreadsheet or forum so that I wouldn't be reminded how badly two little mistakes have screwed me!

So an update of my situation; I resent my application at the end of January, and according to the letter they send you they received my application on the 27th of November. However, I found out why it took so long for them to send my application back after I sent it in September, and it was because I sent to the P.O. box for people living in canada (a fair assumption I personally think seeing as I am living in Canada, but anyway). So I didn't realize this is the inland box, which is why I had nearly a 90 day turnaround for them to send my app back, even though everyone else was getting SA in 30 days. I didn't realize this until I'd sent it back to the same box a second time however, and when I realized I emailed CIC three times asking if they could move it to the right P.O. box but no one replied, so although I should be getting SA any day, for all I know its still going to sit on the inland pile for another two months until they realize its an outland application. So yeah.

So my new information for the spreadsheet is

App received on 27/11/2014
Common-Law
Location is London, Ontario

Let me know if you need anything else, sorry again for falling off the map, still really annoyed about the consequences of that chain of events, and how different it could have been if they things were labelled properly (i.e. inland and outland) or if they could have just requested 2 new forms for the out of date ones rather than sending my whole app back and making me resubmit it, without any heads up that I sent it to the wrong address the first time.
Sorry to hear that. I have updated your info in the spreadsheet. Hopefully they treat it as Outland this time.

pete_sk

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown at the moment
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
10 April 2015
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2015
Hi - this forum is a life saver - thanks so much everyone for posting your experiences...it's so helpful in what is a very confusing process.

So my application was received today in Mississauga(24 Feb 2015)
Am British, married to a Canadian
Current location: Birmingham, UK
Meds done: 19 Jan 2015
Police check done: 5 Feb 2015

Could I be added to the spreadsheet please?

Thanks so much, pete

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
pete_sk said:
Hi - this forum is a life saver - thanks so much everyone for posting your experiences...it's so helpful in what is a very confusing process.

So my application was received today in Mississauga(24 Feb 2015)
Am British, married to a Canadian
Current location: Birmingham, UK
Meds done: 19 Jan 2015
Police check done: 5 Feb 2015

Could I be added to the spreadsheet please?

Thanks so much, pete
Welcome to the forum Pete. I have added you to the spreadsheet.

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
I have been looking at the spread sheet, I am wrong to think that getting your application processed in Mississauga is just luck of the draw? Or is there a pattern of it being people living in Canada? - not sure if you updated where they have landed after the fact?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
We don't update where the landing happened, as the landing can take place at any Canadian border.

And yes, which office gets your app is complete luck. I'm sure CIC has some way of determining it, but we aren't privvy to that logic, so you just have to wait and see.

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
We don't update where the landing happened, as the landing can take place at any Canadian border.

And yes, which office gets your app is complete luck. I'm sure CIC has some way of determining it, but we aren't privvy to that logic, so you just have to wait and see.
Okay thanks, but then I would be right in there is a pattern on the PA being in Canada on the spread sheet if you have not changed the location to where they have landed. I am not saying that would be the key, just noticing a pattern.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
blink1ate2 said:
Okay thanks, but then I would be right in there is a pattern on the PA being in Canada on the spread sheet if you have not changed the location to where they have landed. I am not saying that would be the key, just noticing a pattern.
I'm in Canada and my application was sent to london... :(

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
princesstigger said:
I'm in Canada and my application was sent to london... :(
True, guess I was just focusing on ones that have been approved already. :(

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
blink1ate2 said:
True, guess I was just focusing on ones that have been approved already. :(
It's very easy to try and find rhythm and reason for everything with regards to this process. Anything to give you hope!

acg

Feb 14, 2015
Has anyone applied for IEC working holiday visas while they are waiting for PR to come through?
I'm not sure what to do - I'm planning on moving over in August and would hope that my application will be processed by then (being processed in Mississauga, received 22 Oct 14) - and was originally planning on applying for IEC when I thought I'd be waiting 11 months for PR so I could work in the meantime - IEC should be opening shortly and getting a working holiday visa is pretty competitive so I don't know whether I should apply for one or hope all goes well and my PR comes in on time... I also don't want to jinx it by not applying for IEC and then my application gets rejected or something!

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
SchnookoLoly said:
What is your home country? What were your reasons for moving? Did you provide a police check for that country initially?
My home country is Iran. And when I submitted my application, I included a police check. I thought that my application will not take more than 11 month to process, so I moved to my parents to wait there.

SchnookoLoly, do you have any idea about this?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
saeedar said:

SchnookoLoly, do you have any idea about this?
I don't know why they are asking, but others have been asked. So just explain your circumstances. Where you are living, why you moved, what your plan is for moving to Canada after you get your PR.