+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
Well from my own experience I think it's good to order your notes at times. When I ordered my notes at the end of May, I discovered LVO had sent me an email requesting my CSQ but I never received this request. Don't know why since I don't even have a trash box in my email, might have been LVO's mistake in my email which would not surprise me considering how sometimes they totally screw up address changes. LVO did receive my CSQ from MIDI already in March and had sent this request just in case, but at least I updated my email for future reference with LVO to another in case there's some problem with my old email and I just didn't receive the email. Also, if I didn't know that they at least looked at my file in August, by now I would be totally freaked out with this super long wait. I order notes every month, even though I know I don't need to, but atm I'm rather paranoid about missing some communication from LVO.

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Aniabella said:
Well from my own experience I think it's good to order your notes at times. When I ordered my notes at the end of May, I discovered LVO had sent me an email requesting my CSQ but I never received this request. Don't know why since I don't even have a trash box in my email, might have been LVO's mistake in my email which would not surprise me considering how sometimes they totally screw up address changes. LVO did receive my CSQ from MIDI already in March and had sent this request just in case, but at least I updated my email for future reference with LVO to another in case there's some problem with my old email and I just didn't receive the email. Also, if I didn't know that they at least looked at my file in August, by now I would be totally freaked out with this super long wait. I order notes every month, even though I know I don't need to, but atm I'm rather paranoid about missing some communication from LVO.
To that point... all it needs is a little bit more detail in ECAS (like an audit trail of communications) or even better a secure messaging function similar to most online banking sites. That would be a big improvement! It would probably even be 'self-funding' with the corresponding reduction in labor costs for CIC Helpline/GCMS requests.

I can but dream....

I understand your paranoia but do think every month is a bit extreme!

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
mec14 said:
To that point... all it needs is a little bit more detail in ECAS (like an audit trail of communications) or even better a secure messaging function similar to most online banking sites. That would be a big improvement! It would probably even be 'self-funding' with the corresponding reduction in labor costs for CIC Helpline/GCMS requests.

I can but dream....

I understand your paranoia but do think every month is a bit extreme!
Yeah I suppose it is, but when I get my notes I ordered at the end of November, the info before that was from October meaning the information that I have now is two months old. If they make a request which disappears in the bit space, I would be rather late to reply it. I've been waiting for nearly a year without an apparent reason so I'm not taking any chances. I agree that it would be nice to have a more detailed ECAS, but to set that up it would require a lot of money even if in long run it would be cut costs. To have even this system is luxury, since in most countries all you do is sit and wait without any hints of updates.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
mec14 said:
Interesting. I'm in a similar situation... together 4 years married for just under 2 at the time we submitted application. I've been curious to know whether I'll get the condition. On balance I'm expecting it, but holding hope they make a 'mistake' and forget to include me as sometimes seems to happen.

No big deal in the grand scheme of things, just another thing to obsess/be annoyed about with CIC :p

We were married one year, together two years before that and didn't get Condition 51. I'm curious as to how they decide

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
alicia13 said:
We were married one year, together two years before that and didn't get Condition 51. I'm curious as to how they decide
I'll let the forum know...

Since we were talking about GCMS notes, mine say "Conditions apply British citizen Marriage too place in Quebec in Jun 12...". I'm assuming that 'conditons apply' means condition 51 here.

However, in the Eligibility Assessment summary at the top the conditional field has been left blank, so anyone's guess.

I did read post somewhere (link to an Ops Manual) that clearly indicated it should be based on the length of the marriage, so I'm expecting it although the rule appears to be applied inconsistently.

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Here is the link...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob480.asp#sec02.3

On second reading I can see how it can be interpreted both ways.

Am I this?

Condition applies if:
Couple dated for four years, but is married for two years or less; or

Or this?

Condition does not apply if:
Couple have cohabited in a common-law relationship for more than two years;

I think the later should count, but time will tell.

Moun7

Apr 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 22, 2014
AOR Received.
Jul 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Jul 22, 2014
Med's Done....
Mar 27, 2014
Passport Req..
Jun 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 03, 2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Yes, her booking a one-way flight will almost certainly be a problem - and it will be more of an issue for the AIRLINE in the first instance. The airline may refuse to fly her if she can't prove that she will be allowed entry to Canada, and not having a return flight greatly increases the chances of that. When my husband (a Brit) booked his one-way ticket, he was asked at the gate for proof that he would be allowed into Canada - he had his COPR and PR at that point, so they let him board, but if he did not have that documentation he would have been denied boarding. (Last year my brother had a holiday booked to Australia and there was some mix-up at the gate and the airline didn't have a record of his visitor visa, even though he had applied for it and had proof of it; they denied him boarding and he missed his flight. He was rebooked two days later, luckily.)

So your wife should absolutely book a return ticket.

In addition, she will face questions with Canadian immigration if she's flying on a one-way ticket. She will need to show certain proof to the border agent. Read this carefully and make sure you have all the evidence with you

So your wife CAN stay in Canada, but book maybe a flexible ticket with a return, or book a return for maybe 6 months out (you can always just not use the return)... do NOT book a one-way.

Yes I feared that she may be rejected....We will book return then however when she is here can i update her mailing address to my home address in Canada? Does this also mean that if COPR were to issue it will be at my address? I am just thinking how will CIC perceive changing address to Canada?

Please post the following and you will be added to the spreadsheet:
-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

How long will it take for sponsor - look at the spreadsheet and CIC's website. Processing time is about 2ish months. This is why the spreadsheet exists. You can see how fast those before you are hearing, you can assume yours will be similar.

If you provided an email address in your application then they will probably email you. Otherwise it will be a letter in the post.

Chances are your application has not yet been entered into the system. Most people can only log in after sponsor approval.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Is it allow to write something on the back of submitted photos.

Reason is, I am thinking to give code to each photos (writing it on the back of photos) and referring the codes in my application. Also, writing a line on back of each photos describing corresponding situation and ceremonies.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
PhdStream said:
Is it allow to write something on the back of submitted photos.

Reason is, I am thinking to give code to each photos (writing it on the back of photos) and referring the codes in my application. Also, writing a line on back of each photos describing corresponding situation and ceremonies.
I'm not certain, but I wouldn't. Too confusing. If you are providing printed photos then I would tape them to A4/Letter paper and just write in the captions/explanations... but what woudl be easiest would be to just stick photos in Word or PowerPoint and typ ein captions. That's what we did - 3/4 pics to a page, and just printed on a normal printer. Didn't bother with photo paper or anything. Just printed them straight with captions and included those like that.

Moun7 said:
Yes I feared that she may be rejected....We will book return then however when she is here can i update her mailing address to my home address in Canada? Does this also mean that if COPR were to issue it will be at my address? I am just thinking how will CIC perceive changing address to Canada?
Yes, she can wait in Canada once she is inside Canada, tons of people have done this (have alook at the Location column on the spreadsheet, you can see how many are based inside Canada already). CIC will issue the paperwork to whatever address you give them, in this case, your Canadian address.

BritishBob

Oct 22, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Retained in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2014
AOR Received.
21/02/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
02/06/2015
Hi there, my partner and i (Principal applicant) sent our application and it was received on 4th December 2014, we are applying through common law. To date we have not heard anything back on the sponsor approval (To be expected). Would you please add us to the spreadsheet.

Oh and good luck to everyone!!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
BritishBob said:
Hi there, my partner and i (Principal applicant) sent our application and it was received on 4th December 2014, we are applying through common law. To date we have not heard anything back on the sponsor approval (To be expected). Would you please add us to the spreadsheet.

Oh and good luck to everyone!!
I have added you to the spreadsheet. Can you also provide the location of the principal applicant and when the principal applicant had their medical exam?

BritishBob

Oct 22, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Retained in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2014
AOR Received.
21/02/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
02/06/2015
andrew-brit said:
I have added you to the spreadsheet. Can you also provide the location of the principal applicant and when the principal applicant had their medical exam?
Many thanks, I (PA) am located in London, UK and had my medical exam 6th October 2014.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
BritishBob said:
Many thanks, I (PA) am located in London, UK and had my medical exam 6th October 2014.
Thanks!

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
SchnookoLoly said:
I'm not certain, but I wouldn't. Too confusing. If you are providing printed photos then I would tape them to A4/Letter paper and just write in the captions/explanations... but what woudl be easiest would be to just stick photos in Word or PowerPoint and typ ein captions. That's what we did - 3/4 pics to a page, and just printed on a normal printer. Didn't bother with photo paper or anything. Just printed them straight with captions and included those like that.
This sounds better idea. Thanks a lot.

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
Hello!

I have received a few emails this week from CPP Ottawa (requesting additional info) so it looks like the London UK Outbound applications are being looked at. (yay!). I have a couple questions and I truly apologise if these have been answered elsewhere on the forum. I have done a decent search and only found couple entries which weren't exactly what I was looking for.

One of the requests from Ottawa is:
SPR's residency: Please provide evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada, or has taken steps to re-establish residence in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history, employment letters, lease agreements, etc. Driver’s licences, property tax assessments, social insurance or health insurance cards are not sufficient to show intent to return.

Our situation is:
Both living and working in London UK.
I am sponsoring my CL partner
We have a son together
I own property in Canada and I included the mortgage and land title in original package
We also wrote a letter in outlining our plan on how we would move to Canada (Calgary). That we could live in my property or with my parents. That we would look for work in the lead up to moving. That we would buy a home (current property too small) within months after landing, register for schools etc. That I work in oil/gas and he works in banking so the prospect of finding work in Calgary should not be impossible etc.

My questions is. What else can we provide? We have done some initial work into looking for jobs but for practical reasons we can't start in earnest until we know exactly when we are moving. Give our current employers notice etc. We can't communicate with potential employers saying we intend to move "some time in the future, pending approval of my partners work visa etc" ?! That would be useless for them. Do I need to send these email out to potential employers as 'proof to re-establish?'. I had met with my company's Calgary office this past summer in hopes to transfer internally but this is unlikely as the business doesn't tie up. I could include emails showing I met with them though etc.

I also have some investments/rrsp's in Canada which I am thinking I could include if the idea is to prove we won't go on welfare? It seems my property deed is not enough. A lot of the proof they are asking for is easier if you already live in Canada but the suggestions for those intending to move is pretty minimal. I also have a bank account which I use to rent out my current property and also a TD Securities visa card which I still use for admin etc. Would those be useful?

Other than that I have loads of emails to friends etc talking about how we will move back ideally this summer once approved. Is that what they are after as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!