+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Hi Guys,

I am new here. Please add my details in the spreadsheet as well.

-Date application received in Mississauga: 27 May, 014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Married
-Date of sponsor approval: 30 July 2014
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email): London
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had: None so far
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt: Not
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!: Seoul, South korea
-Date the principal applicant completed their medical: 10 April, 2014.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
canada_nz said:
Hello!

I have received a few emails this week from CPP Ottawa (requesting additional info) so it looks like the London UK Outbound applications are being looked at. (yay!). I have a couple questions and I truly apologise if these have been answered elsewhere on the forum. I have done a decent search and only found couple entries which weren't exactly what I was looking for.

One of the requests from Ottawa is:
SPR's residency: Please provide evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada, or has taken steps to re-establish residence in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history, employment letters, lease agreements, etc. Driver's licences, property tax assessments, social insurance or health insurance cards are not sufficient to show intent to return.

Our situation is:
Both living and working in London UK.
I am sponsoring my CL partner
We have a son together
I own property in Canada and I included the mortgage and land title in original package
We also wrote a letter in outlining our plan on how we would move to Canada (Calgary). That we could live in my property or with my parents. That we would look for work in the lead up to moving. That we would buy a home (current property too small) within months after landing, register for schools etc. That I work in oil/gas and he works in banking so the prospect of finding work in Calgary should not be impossible etc.

My questions is. What else can we provide? We have done some initial work into looking for jobs but for practical reasons we can't start in earnest until we know exactly when we are moving. Give our current employers notice etc. We can't communicate with potential employers saying we intend to move "some time in the future, pending approval of my partners work visa etc" ?! That would be useless for them. Do I need to send these email out to potential employers as 'proof to re-establish?'. I had met with my company's Calgary office this past summer in hopes to transfer internally but this is unlikely as the business doesn't tie up. I could include emails showing I met with them though etc.

I also have some investments/rrsp's in Canada which I am thinking I could include if the idea is to prove we won't go on welfare? It seems my property deed is not enough. A lot of the proof they are asking for is easier if you already live in Canada but the suggestions for those intending to move is pretty minimal. I also have a bank account which I use to rent out my current property and also a TD Securities visa card which I still use for admin etc. Would those be useful?

Other than that I have loads of emails to friends etc talking about how we will move back ideally this summer once approved. Is that what they are after as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Well thats good news as we applied almost exactly the same time as you and ours were also sent to Ottawa. My guess is that the property, rrsp and investments do not show intent as you could keep those and remain in the UK. However, I would do exactly as you said and include the emails between yourself and the Calgary office...its not a job offer but it shows intent. You could also contact schools about the process of getting your son enrolled....again maybe pointless but shows 'intent'. Also the emails to and from friends would be useful. We included a letter from my wifes parents saying we would be moving back and staying with them along with a couple of others things but I'm worried we've not included enough now either!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
yasir22 said:
Hi Guys,

I am new here. Please add my details in the spreadsheet as well.

-Date application received in Mississauga: 27 May, 014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Married
-Date of sponsor approval: 30 July 2014
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email): London
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had: None so far
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt: Not
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!: Seoul, South korea
-Date the principal applicant completed their medical: 10 April, 2014.
I have added you to the spreadsheet. Please confirm the details are entered correctly.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
canada_nz said:
Hello!

I have received a few emails this week from CPP Ottawa (requesting additional info) so it looks like the London UK Outbound applications are being looked at. (yay!). I have a couple questions and I truly apologise if these have been answered elsewhere on the forum. I have done a decent search and only found couple entries which weren't exactly what I was looking for.

One of the requests from Ottawa is:
SPR's residency: Please provide evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada, or has taken steps to re-establish residence in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history, employment letters, lease agreements, etc. Driver's licences, property tax assessments, social insurance or health insurance cards are not sufficient to show intent to return.

Our situation is:
Both living and working in London UK.
I am sponsoring my CL partner
We have a son together
I own property in Canada and I included the mortgage and land title in original package
We also wrote a letter in outlining our plan on how we would move to Canada (Calgary). That we could live in my property or with my parents. That we would look for work in the lead up to moving. That we would buy a home (current property too small) within months after landing, register for schools etc. That I work in oil/gas and he works in banking so the prospect of finding work in Calgary should not be impossible etc.

My questions is. What else can we provide? We have done some initial work into looking for jobs but for practical reasons we can't start in earnest until we know exactly when we are moving. Give our current employers notice etc. We can't communicate with potential employers saying we intend to move "some time in the future, pending approval of my partners work visa etc" ?! That would be useless for them. Do I need to send these email out to potential employers as 'proof to re-establish?'. I had met with my company's Calgary office this past summer in hopes to transfer internally but this is unlikely as the business doesn't tie up. I could include emails showing I met with them though etc.

I also have some investments/rrsp's in Canada which I am thinking I could include if the idea is to prove we won't go on welfare? It seems my property deed is not enough. A lot of the proof they are asking for is easier if you already live in Canada but the suggestions for those intending to move is pretty minimal. I also have a bank account which I use to rent out my current property and also a TD Securities visa card which I still use for admin etc. Would those be useful?

Other than that I have loads of emails to friends etc talking about how we will move back ideally this summer once approved. Is that what they are after as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi

Just confirming what brucem said and yes he is right. I submitted communications in a form of email between myself and school in Canada for my children to show I am showing intent and also email communications with friends in Canada regarding settling in Ontario. Anything would help to show intent.

Good luck

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
brucem said:
Well thats good news as we applied almost exactly the same time as you and ours were also sent to Ottawa. My guess is that the property, rrsp and investments do not show intent as you could keep those and remain in the UK. However, I would do exactly as you said and include the emails between yourself and the Calgary office...its not a job offer but it shows intent. You could also contact schools about the process of getting your son enrolled....again maybe pointless but shows 'intent'. Also the emails to and from friends would be useful. We included a letter from my wifes parents saying we would be moving back and staying with them along with a couple of others things but I'm worried we've not included enough now either!
Thanks for the feedback brucem and qtazngas. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious.

I am relieved to see the Ottawa office making progress however. Thanks again!

ESM

Oct 6, 2014
Hi,
In case you would like to update the spreadsheet.
I received an email from London Immigration on the 18-12-2014 asking me to send them copy of the CSQ (Quebec certificate) and resubmit IMM5540. I thought the CSQ was sent automatically to them?well at least that is what the Quebec letter said. I will have to wait.....

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Updated, thanks!

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Hi All

I haven't caught up on my forum reading since we moved but just wanted to say that my husband entered Canada with me and our daughter via Calgary, he's British and we are currently waiting for PR. We had no problems at all at the border! We put down a 6 month stay on the landing card and the agent asked if there was any reason why we would stay longer...we said only if his PR comes through, otherwise we will all go back. She didn't even ask about finances or anything else besides why are coming - we said to visit my family. That's all!

No news from CIC at this point though they have updated the address change to Canada on ecas which is nice to see.

Sibby

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
IMM 5406 27 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
25 Sept 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 31 October 2015 - COPR arrived 16 December 2015
LANDED..........
18 December 2015!!!
Cant believe sponsor approval is now 61 days... geesh it was 40 something days a few months ago. Guess its gonna be a long wait even for stage 1!! :(

haroonbashir

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2013
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
24-01-2014
Med's Request
13 Nov and ECAS goes IN-PROCESS
Med's Done....
28 Nov
Interview........
No Way
Passport Req..
Decision made on 12 Dec, PPT req. on 9 Jan, CHC ISB recieved PPT on 12 Jan
VISA ISSUED...
10 Dec Visa Issued and PPT recieved with Visa on 4th Feb.
LANDED..........
March or April
AOA...

Guys I just want to know that how much they took time to send PPR after Decision Made... its been 1 week almost and my ECAS change to Decision Made from IN-PROCESS and I also done my Medical Last month....

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
My ECAS shows "Medical results have been received."!

I received sponsor approval 56 days ago so hoping for in process next.

kks1234

Oct 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Hi

I was wondering what happens if/when you get PR approved? Do you have to send your passports away for a visa or do they just post something to you?

kks

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
kks1234 said:
Hi

I was wondering what happens if/when you get PR approved? Do you have to send your passports away for a visa or do they just post something to you?

kks
If you are visa exempt then most likely they will just send you the COPR form (which you use to land as a PR), there will be no need to request your passport to insert the COPR directly.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
andrew-brit said:
My ECAS shows "Medical results have been received."!

I received sponsor approval 56 days ago so hoping for in process next.
yeye finally! Good news :)

kks1234

Oct 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
andrew-brit said:
If you are visa exempt then most likely they will just send you the COPR form (which you use to land as a PR), there will be no need to request your passport to insert the COPR directly.
My family are visa exempt so thats great news. Thank you for the help. The Canada immigration website was very vague about what would happen.