+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Kaza3124

Apr 13, 2013
Hi everyone, quick question I received a couple of emails today thats right 2 emails on the same day from cic, first they wanted me to come for an interview in September 2013 and on the 2nd email they wanted me to send them a police clearence from my home country within 60 days of the email which I have with me already. So do I mail them the clearence certificate or should I take it with me when I go for the interview which is within 60 days. Thanks in advance.

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
scottishmaple said:
this is the email I received today...

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Please be advised that your application is awaiting review by an immigration officer.

No further information is required at this time.

Your continued patience is appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

ACD
I feel for you, the wait is absolutely horrible and WHY can´t they just work with the cases in the order they receive them!?

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
Hi! Hope you´re enjoying your summer! For me who´s waiting in Canada for my PR, it´s sure nicer to be waiting in August than in cold and grey February!

So, I got an e-mail from immigrations today and I´m really confused! They want me to send in a copy of my passport, if I understand correct? And I´ve already send passport pictures, even some extra because I had to buy them in a package. But never mind the passport photos, I can take some new ones, but why don´t they want my passport? Nervous... again!

Good afternoon,

We are ready to proceed with issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence. However, in order to do so we require the following documents

-Copy of your passport bio data page

-2 x passport sized photos

Please forward the documents as soon as possible to the attention of CDD at the address below.

Kind regards,

CDD

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
They don't need your passport if you are visa exempt. The other items are presumably because they are missing some items or they are tidying up some loose ends. Just do exactly what has been requested and you should be fine.

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
To those of you from the UK who have already made the move to Canada, where did you get your packing boxes?

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
zardoz said:
They don't need your passport if you are visa exempt. The other items are presumably because they are missing some items or they are tidying up some loose ends. Just do exactly what has been requested and you should be fine.
Ah, ok! Thanks for your answer. Is this a sign that a positive decision has been made then? :eek:

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Eowyn said:
To those of you from the UK who have already made the move to Canada, where did you get your packing boxes?
Mail Box

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Swedish citizen said:
Ah, ok! Thanks for your answer. Is this a sign that a positive decision has been made then? :eek:
yes - they wouldn't deny you without a chance for an interview etc. Maybe the copies of your passport (page with all the data) was not readable enough, or maybe they want to make sure that you have not changed passport - that's why they're asking for a copy of it. Ottawa ( VO for US applicants) does the same, and it seems like a good idea to check with the applicant that the passport is the same... so it's definitely coming to an end for you - stor grattis! :)
Kaza3124 said:
Hi everyone, quick question I received a couple of emails today thats right 2 emails on the same day from cic, first they wanted me to come for an interview in September 2013 and on the 2nd email they wanted me to send them a police clearence from my home country within 60 days of the email which I have with me already. So do I mail them the clearence certificate or should I take it with me when I go for the interview which is within 60 days. Thanks in advance.
I would send the Police Certificate already now, so they can complete the background checks while you wait for the interview days... if you send it now, there is a chance that they will process it before the interview, and if the interview is the only thing missing and it goes well, they might be able to tell you the decision right away... if you wait and hold on to the certificate, they won't be able to complete that part of the assessment, and it might take more time after the interview. So - I think that sending it right away would be a better option.

Good luck,
Sweden

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
here's my experience for those that are interested...

flew via NYC into Montreal last week with 8 suitcases (and having fedexed 8 boxes the day before)

there was no line up, and we got into immigration straight away and met by a very friendly agent. I knew that I had to give a list of items that weren't with me but were coming in order to get the duty exemption but i had just made scrappy notes so they gave me a more official form (B4 i think) to fill out there and then. one thing i wasn't expecting was having to put values next to every item, but i just gave a ballpark figure and no-one questioned my estimate. The level of detail i went to was like 1 x painting in frame, 1 x BOSE sound dock, various items of clothing, 1 x china tea set etc etc

Had to list all my high value electronics that were with me; agent took serial numbers and gave me a 'receipt' so that if I ever get stopped at the border again, I can prove that they were brought into the country exempt. Got my stamp in passport, and he wrote the COPR number under it, then we exited without so much as a bag search.

The next bit was a bit of a hassle. I had used Parcel2Go as the cheapest way to send my boxes (8 x c20kg each for 355 GBP) but the carrier was fedex. A week after getting to Toronto still no word on the boxes. P2G don't have phone customer service - it's all live chat which you need a computer for - so it was a bit frustrating trying to find out what the status of the boxes were ( I could see they were 'Delayed at Mississagua' using the tracking tool but didn't know any more than that)

So, I took matters into my own hands and drove to the Global Sort Facility on Derry Rd out by the airport. I knew it was there as the previous day I had gone to Air Transat Cargo to pick up our cat who had gone separately. Got to Fedex and they printed out my paperwork to take to CBSA to have authorised. Note, this is in a completely separate part of the airport complex (2720 Brittania Drive) so a car is essential! Take paperwork to the office, he has a quick look and asks if i have anything else still to import otherwise my duty free exemption will be used up, i say no, so get a stamp and take the paperwork back to Fedex who release the slightly bashed boxes (although no content damage)!

Interestingly, I'm still waiting on an email from Parcel2Go telling me how to retrieve my boxes!

The cat transport was another bit of stress. We paid Passportforpets.com 455GBP to transfer a small cat from Gatwick to Toronto on an Air Transat flight. We departed a week before him to allow us time to get settled and our friend took him to the airport at 6.45am on Sunday as directed, expecting to meet a PassportforPets agent. Alas, no agent, just a very peeved Servisair cargo lady who said that he should have been there at 5.45am and they were considering not letting him on the flight! Passportforpets later said that the service I opted for didn't include a person agent handover (I thought it did as they were providing the standard transport cage) so my friend had to deal with a pretty stressful situation. in the end, they let him on the flight, and to collect him we went through the same paperwork-customs-collection process as outlined above.

So anyway, alls well that ends well, we're all here with all luggage and beginning to enjoy the city and new life!

moonchild67

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-11-2012
Can anyone tell me how I go about getting my "notes" for my application?

moonchild67

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-11-2012
No worries , have figured it out .

Gooi

Aug 8, 2013
Hi All!

I've been following this forum for a few months now...mainly to keep my sanity intact through this process! Though I've never posted anything before, this place has been a great resource for information and excellent support system for me. No one really understands the hardship of this process unless you're actually going through it. I just want to say thank you to everyone!

On another note, I wanted to instill hope in those that are still waiting for a DM that the London office is still working! I'm still in shock but we got our COPR today :D I know there are people in my timeline so I thought I'd share our dates.
Application Received: December 12, 2012
Spousal Approval: January 11, 2013
ECas Changed to In Progress: May 28, 2013
DM ON ECas: July 29, 2013

Even though ECas didn't show DM till July 29, the COPR says it was issued July 24 and the envelope shows it was mailed out July 30.

I know most people on here have already sent in their application and are waiting it out but there were a couple tips from our lawyer that I thought were worth sharing if you haven't sent your app in yet. The first one is to number all the pages you send in and make an exact duplicate copy for yourself. That way if they say they didn't receive a form and you know you sent it, you can tell them which page to refer to. Secondly, we highlighted and wrote notes on all our evidence. Our lawyer told us to make things blatantly obvious for them and don't make them search for the evidence. Though this took A LOT of time to do, I'd like to think this made a difference because we never got asked for docs and we had a common law application...Which I expected to be a bit longer process because our burden of proof is higher.

Lastly, I do have a question. Does anyone know how long it takes for the landing process? My partner is flying into Vancouver but we have to book a connecting flight and I just want to make sure we have enough time in between.

Thanks everyone and sorry for rambling on!