+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sugalk said:
Dear Sweden
I am looking one bed room flat in toronto. do u have any idesa?
nope, sorry! Residing in BC - never been to Toronto in my life! :) try Craiglist, kijiji, Used Toronto (http://www.usedtoronto.com/) etc.. that's where I would start.

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Sweden said:
nope, sorry! Residing in BC - never been to Toronto in my life! :) try Craiglist, kijiji, Used Toronto (http://www.usedtoronto.com/) etc.. that's where I would start.
Try Padmapper, too! https://www.padmapper.com/

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
I just knew it!!!!

I have been asked to supply a police certificate again.

Can someone explain how the process works arranging one from here and how they paid for it from canada...really need help.

I can probably fill in all the information etc but I don't know how to arrange payment.

It also asks for copies of current address but I'm in canada right now, how do i do that. I have proof of my rental which I have just given up and mail is going to my parents but I have nothing showing canada address...

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
scottishmaple said:
I just knew it!!!!

I have been asked to supply a police certificate again.

Can someone explain how the process works arranging one from here and how they paid for it from canada...really need help.

I can probably fill in all the information etc but I don't know how to arrange payment.

It also asks for copies of current address but I'm in canada right now, how do i do that. I have proof of my rental which I have just given up and mail is going to my parents but I have nothing showing canada address...
Are you looking for a police certificate from the UK then?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
davidmarsden38 said:
Are you looking for a police certificate from the UK then?
Sorry, yes. I know how to get one, just not sure how to do it from Canada. I can download and fill out the form. Its providing supporting documents that is tricky. Can I provide the most recent I have for the rental I just gave up yesterday or does it have to be proof of address from Canada or does it have to be my parents address where I have arranged for redirection of my mail in the UK?

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
scottishmaple said:
Sorry, yes. I know how to get one, just not sure how to do it from Canada. I can download and fill out the form. Its providing supporting documents that is tricky. Can I provide the most recent I have for the rental I just gave up yesterday or does it have to be proof of address from Canada or does it have to be my parents address where I have arranged for redirection?
When I did this last year I did the following:

Printed the application forms, filled out history since I was 18 including addresses when I was in USA and Canada. I provided a cell phone bill, bank statement and home insurance letter as proof of residence.

I sent the application, along with a postal order, photographs to my parents house.

They then took the photographs and part of the application that needed to be endorsed to a family friend in the UK.

My mum then posted the application to the police and the police sent my results 5 days later to me.

I hope that makes sense. If I were you I would just put in proof of your last address and leave it there and pretend you still live there.

:)

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
The easiest way to pay from out of the UK would probably be a bank draft, doesn't charge you like some other transfer methods do. If possible, it might be quicker to have your parents do the payment from a UK account.

Seems much easier to just use your old UK address then trying to figure out documents in Canada.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
davidmarsden38 said:
When I did this last year I did the following:

Printed the application forms, filled out history since I was 18 including addresses when I was in USA and Canada. I provided a cell phone bill, bank statement and home insurance letter as proof of residence.

I sent the application, along with a postal order, photographs to my parents house.

They then took the photographs and part of the application that needed to be endorsed to a family friend in the UK.

My mum then posted the application to the police and the police sent my results 5 days later to me.

I hope that makes sense. If I were you I would just put in proof of your last address and leave it there and pretend you still live there.

:)
Thank you!
So you already had documents with your address in Canada on it? Which I don't.
ghunter said:
The easiest way to pay from out of the UK would probably be a bank draft, doesn't charge you like some other transfer methods do. If possible, it might be quicker to have your parents do the payment from a UK account.

Seems much easier to just use your old UK address then trying to figure out documents in Canada.
So my husband can get a bank draft from his account in Canada and they will accept that at ACRO as payment?

So just use the address that I gave up yesterday? I had a funny feeling they were going to ask for this and on the BritishExpats forum they advised me not to bother getting one before I left the UK...I have only been here 2 days and they have requested one, which is strange as I have just sent them an email on Friday requested a change in Mailing Address....sigh

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
scottishmaple said:
Thank you!
So my husband can get a bank draft from his account in Canada and they will accept that at ACRO as payment?

So just use the address that I gave up yesterday? I had a funny feeling they were going to ask for this and on the BritishExpats forum they advised me not to bother getting one before I left the UK...I have only been here 2 days and they have requested one, which is strange as I have just sent them an email on Friday requested a change in Mailing Address....sigh
I had lived here for 18 months prior to applying for my PR application and therefore had letters/ bills and joint documentation with my husband here. That is how I managed it.

If not you don't, then perhaps just let them assume you still live in the UK? Failing that, you could also go to your bank in Canada and have them print you out a statement?

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
scottishmaple said:
Thank you!

I am pretty sure that they take bank drafts, they are basically the only certified international payment as far as I can tell. If your husband goes to his bank and explains what he needs it should be simple.

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
ghunter said:
I am pretty sure that they take bank drafts, they are basically the only certified international payment as far as I can tell. If your husband goes to his bank and explains what he needs it should be simple.
http://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_FAQs.aspx

"Can I pay online?

No, payment can only be made by cheque, bankers draft, bank transfer or Postal Order. Your payment must be in Pounds Sterling (made payable to 'PCC for Hampshire' only. No other payee details will be accepted). You can arrange for someone else to pay the fee for you if necessary.

What is a Banker’s draft?

This may be known as a Treasurer’s Cheque or a Cashier’s Cheque. It is similar to a personal cheque except the money has already been debited from your account by your bank. You must give notice to the bank that you require a Banker’s Draft (usually 24 hours) so that they can prepare the draft and check that you have enough money in your account.

There may also be an additional fee to pay for issuing a Banker’s Draft. You must send the Banker’s Draft to us (it will look like a cheque). Do not send the receipt, we require the original cheque. For further guidance on making payments by bank draft, please see our guidance document."

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
ghunter said:
davidmarsden38 said:
http://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_FAQs.aspx

"Can I pay online?

No, payment can only be made by cheque, bankers draft, bank transfer or Postal Order. Your payment must be in Pounds Sterling (made payable to 'PCC for Hampshire' only. No other payee details will be accepted). You can arrange for someone else to pay the fee for you if necessary.

What is a Banker's draft?

This may be known as a Treasurer's Cheque or a Cashier's Cheque. It is similar to a personal cheque except the money has already been debited from your account by your bank. You must give notice to the bank that you require a Banker's Draft (usually 24 hours) so that they can prepare the draft and check that you have enough money in your account.

There may also be an additional fee to pay for issuing a Banker's Draft. You must send the Banker's Draft to us (it will look like a cheque). Do not send the receipt, we require the original cheque. For further guidance on making payments by bank draft, please see our guidance document."
Awesome thank you. Might sound daft but I have never had to get a bankers draft, so I don't really know what they are...lol I'm sure it will all be fine. I get anxiety for a few hours then I calm down...just extra anxious because I don't have all my things like a 'printer' to print the form, here...I think a trip to walmart is in order :)

At my home in Scotland I had my wee immigration office where I had everything ready incase they requested something...right now I have my clothes and a laptop..lol

Anyway, thanks for the advice!!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
scottishmaple said:
Awesome thank you. Might sound daft but I have never had to get a bankers draft, so I don't really know what they are...lol I'm sure it will all be fine. I get anxiety for a few hours then I calm down...just extra anxious because I don't have all my things like a 'printer' to print the form, here...I think a trip to walmart is in order :)

At my home in Scotland I had my wee immigration office where I had everything ready incase they requested something...right now I have my clothes and a laptop..lol

Anyway, thanks for the advice!!
No worries! I too get anxious, and then stop and think things through logically.

It is a stress for sure, but we all get there - just takes others longer according to CIC! :) All the best!

Rabukoo

Nov 9, 2012
When I applied for my ACRO Police Certificate I had only been in Canada about a month and had nothing with my name on to prove my address, so I got my husband to send proof with his name and to write a letter confirming that I was living with him at that address. There was something on the ACRO website saying to do that if I couldn't provide any other proof, but I can't remember where. Possibly in the FAQs. It worked out anyway :)