+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sctv

Jan 30, 2013
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
DGT said:
Excellent! Please tell me that you're named for the great TV show by the way.
You're the first to pick up on that. Nice one!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
sctv said:
Decision Made!
And a kind email to confirm the document will be with us this week.
Stay strong people, it's gonna happen soon for you too!
;D
Congrats!! it's raining DM's today! :) Keep this coming London!!!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
sctv said:
You're the first to pick up on that. Nice one!
Probably the best TV show. Ever. Period. One of the first things my wife showed me when we first started hanging out when we were dating. I've got a picture of myself with their star on the Canadian Walk of Fame!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Congratulations to everyone!

I received another email from London stating they are still awaiting results from my background checks. I can only imagine it was my 3 years spent in the USA and 1 year in Australia that is holding my application up. I asked them to clarify and they were obviously totally ambiguous in their reply.

Well, so the wait continues.

I am genuinely pleased for everyone who received their DM and hope that is my turn soon.

Here is to a productive week anyhow.

Cheers, David :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
Nailed it. Would you go 500 more?
possibly...but I aint walking, stuff that ;)

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
SwedentoQuebec said:
Bad news guys, I still can't believe it but my boyfriend broke it off, this whole process was too much and me being depressed and sad (because of the stressful situation this puts you in) did it for him so yeah I haven't got my answer yet but CIC won this one... One less Canadian+non Canadian couple :( so my practical question is how do I contact CIC to withdraw my application and do I get a refund if my case is 'in process'??! I payed all of the fees so I want them back kind of...omg this is so surreal :(
Sorry to hear that! Don´t know if you´re still in the forum, but I´m really sorry for you guys. Immigration process sucks sometimes!

I haven´t been around for a while, I´ve been so stressed about our application, needed a break even if I know the forum is sometimes the best place to be to get support! Today I couldn´t ignore the immigration process anymore since we were asked for extra documents again.
We were asked to send in travel history a while ago and now they´ve asked me to send in police record from one of the countries. I didn´t do that from the beginning since I haven´t been there for more than 6 months at a time, but in total I´ve worked there for about 2 years. Well, going to the consulate tomorrow, I really hope it´s that easy to get one. Probably not...
But I hope it´s a positive thing that they´ve asked for extra documents, I´m not refused anyway...
We are also married now, don´t know if that helps or not, but I´m glad to be married :) and it sure felt much better to say "my husband" than "my boyfriend" to the border officer last time I came back from Sweden.

Congrats to all the DM:s!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Swedish citizen said:
Sorry to hear that! Don´t know if you´re still in the forum, but I´m really sorry for you guys. Immigration process sucks sometimes!

I haven´t been around for a while, I´ve been so stressed about our application, needed a break even if I know the forum is sometimes the best place to be to get support! Today I couldn´t ignore the immigration process anymore since we were asked for extra documents again.
We were asked to send in travel history a while ago and now they´ve asked me to send in police record from one of the countries. I didn´t do that from the beginning since I haven´t been there for more than 6 months at a time, but in total I´ve worked there for about 2 years. Well, going to the consulate tomorrow, I really hope it´s that easy to get one. Probably not...
But I hope it´s a positive thing that they´ve asked for extra documents, I´m not refused anyway...
We are also married now, don´t know if that helps or not, but I´m glad to be married :) and it sure felt much better to say "my husband" than "my boyfriend" to the border officer last time I came back from Sweden.

Congrats to all the DM:s!
Grattis! for your wedding, and hopefully soon PR for you! you can also inform CIC about your new status (well you should anyway!)...
Sweden (eller Sverige!)

roger85

Jun 29, 2013
Hi all,

I applied to London last November and am still waiting for a decision. Here's my info for the spreadsheet:

Married
Meds done shortly before applying in Nov 2012
Application received: 30 Nov 2012
File transferred: 27 Feb 2013 (Mississauga mislaid our file for a couple of months until we chased them up!)
Docs requested on 7 May 2013: family info IMM5406, Quebec selection certificate, RPRF; all sent ASAP
In process: 14 May 2013
Further docs requested 30 May 2013: travel history
Since then...nothing!

The only thing I can think that's holding up my application is my travel history, which is fairly extensive. There's a couple of countries I've spent more than 6 months in, but never consecutively. Swedish citizen, I see that you still got asked for a police certificate. How long was this after you submitted the travel history? I sent mine about 5-6 weeks ago and have not heard anything. Getting pretty anxious as, aside from just wanting to get there, I have a place to study at McGill starting in late August, so if my PR doesn't come through by then, I lose my place.

Congrats to all those who recently got their DM, and here's to hoping more of us follow soon!

Best
Rog

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Email them and explain the McGill place Rog. And good luck!

ToqueEh

May 22, 2013
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
18-06-2013
AOR Received.
14-04-2013
File Transfer...
16-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2013
Hello UK apps ;D ;D

Just a quick up date from us - the High Commission in London emailed requesting more complete work and address history for me on June 18. Ancouraging for us as they were reported as being on strike at the time. I sent the updated information back to them by post and email right away ( they said emailin as pdf was OK and also that fully completed new forms aren't necessary, just the updated information could be provided, and they noted the wording of schedule A is slightly ambiguous- they do need full personal and address history since the age of 18 )

Hope this information is of use to you all! Wishing everyone speedy procesing :D

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
ToqueEh said:
Hello UK apps ;D ;D

Just a quick up date from us - the High Commission in London emailed requesting more complete work and address history for me on June 18. Ancouraging for us as they were reported as being on strike at the time. I sent the updated information back to them by post and email right away ( they said emailin as pdf was OK and also that fully completed new forms aren't necessary, just the updated information could be provided, and they noted the wording of schedule A is slightly ambiguous- they do need full personal and address history since the age of 18 )

Hope this information is of use to you all! Wishing everyone speedy procesing :D
There is a very easy way to make it unambiguous... "please give full personal and address history since the age of 18".

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
Sweden said:
Grattis! for your wedding, and hopefully soon PR for you! you can also inform CIC about your new status (well you should anyway!)...
Sweden (eller Sverige!)
Tack, Sverige/Sweden! Feels great to be married! :) I´ve already informed them about my new status, did that through their web form.

Actually, I have a question about that, maybe someone here can help me. I will continue to travel on my old passport/old name until it expires. I have no possibility (well, I do if I have to...) to to go Sweden or Ottawa and fix a new passport now. Does that mean I shouldn't change to my new surname to CIC? Haven't thought about that until now! ::)

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
roger85 said:
Hi all,

I applied to London last November and am still waiting for a decision. Here's my info for the spreadsheet:

Married
Meds done shortly before applying in Nov 2012
Application received: 30 Nov 2012
File transferred: 27 Feb 2013 (Mississauga mislaid our file for a couple of months until we chased them up!)
Docs requested on 7 May 2013: family info IMM5406, Quebec selection certificate, RPRF; all sent ASAP
In process: 14 May 2013
Further docs requested 30 May 2013: travel history
Since then...nothing!

The only thing I can think that's holding up my application is my travel history, which is fairly extensive. There's a couple of countries I've spent more than 6 months in, but never consecutively. Swedish citizen, I see that you still got asked for a police certificate. How long was this after you submitted the travel history? I sent mine about 5-6 weeks ago and have not heard anything. Getting pretty anxious as, aside from just wanting to get there, I have a place to study at McGill starting in late August, so if my PR doesn't come through by then, I lose my place.

Congrats to all those who recently got their DM, and here's to hoping more of us follow soon!

Best
Rog
Same here, we have travelled a lot and both of us have occupations with a lot of travelling. Well, I did have a job once! I´m waiting for my PR in Canada. They received our travel history the last week of June, the 26th I think, and I got the request for police record yesterday, so about 2 weeks after. Hope you hear something from them soon!

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
moonchild67 said:
I had a hunch to check ecas this morn too , and to my utter amazement ........still in process ...sigh
Same. Going to give them a few more days and then contact them again.

Frankly with my application I can see zero reason why I'm sitting close to 3 months since a request for more information (already supplied but just not read) and officially "In Process" coming on 6 weeks.

No military history, travel history is UK and Canada and a few small trips to the US. Only ever lived in the UK and Canada. No medical issues reported to me. Never had a speeding ticket let alone any criminal record. Application was completed accurately and fully. Fees have been paid. They're welcome to come visit my wife and I in our apartment to confirm we're actually legit. The only possible explanation I have that might be different from the average Joe is that I hold two passports for different countries (one of which I've never lived in)

Glad for the people getting through quickly but there is increasingly a gap between those of us in from Nov/Dec 2012 getting nowhere and people now swanning through with more usual "In Process" times of a week or so.

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
I completely agree. I am now up to 10/11 weeks since my "in process" and I am going slowly insane.

I think as of tomorrow, I will check once when I wake up and then go cold turkey for the rest of the day - or else I fear for my mental health :/

Here is to a fantastic week everyone!