+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

leg89

May 22, 2013
So, sent my application off yesterday for Common-law family sponsorship yesterday. Feeling a bit lost now :-[. When I know it's been received, can I then sign up to E-CAS and track it?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
leg89 said:
So, sent my application off yesterday for Common-law family sponsorship yesterday. Feeling a bit lost now :-[. When I know it's been received, can I then sign up to E-CAS and track it?
Everyone has a lost feeling, you have been working on something for so long then its gone!!!

You will only know if CIC receive your application by the tracking number from the postal service you used as it will be signed for. After that you will need to wait until your file is being looked at and they will send your sponsor anAOR to say they have received your application to sponsor, once you are approved your sponsor will receive an email or snail mail depending if you gave them an email address or not saying if your sponsorship has been successful. If it is they will send your file to London. At this point you will not hear anything, you will not even get a notification saying they have your file unless you email them or they require further information from you.

Your sponsor should be able to access Ecas once they received an AOR but not always.

It will be a little while before you can access Ecas with your own details...

hope this helps

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
orly said:
The minimum wage applies to all workers either foreign or Canadian.

Someone has been telling you porkies
Afraid not. Some TFW's are permitted to be paid 15% less than minimum wage. Did you read about the scandal with the RBC TFW's? I believe the law is not being changed to remove this. It was an ill advised experiment on the part of the CPC.

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
DGT said:
Afraid not. Some TFW's are permitted to be paid 15% less than minimum wage.
False. The rule you might be thinking of is 15% less than the "average wage" in any province.

You can't be paid less than the minimum wage in any province.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
orly said:
False. The rule you might be thinking of is 15% less than the "average wage" in any province.

You can't be paid less than the minimum wage in any province.
Ah! Thanks. That makes sense.

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
Yay! I got a response from CIC to my second email (I sent the first with incorrect contact details, which I apologized for in my second).

"Good afternoon,

Your application remains under review. The review process is expected to be completed shortly and we will be in contact at that stage if we require any further information or documentation.

We are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the completion of the review process.

Kind regards,
CDD"

Does "under review" basically mean In Process? It still says Application Received on ECAS so I wasn't sure if they had even picked up my file yet.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
Thanks!!

I received a reply today ....

Please do not complete a new medical assessment at this time. An extension may be possible. We will notify you should the completion of a new examination be necessary.

I have no idea if this indicates anything...you would think with 4 weeks to go there would be some sort of decision about whether to do medicals or not...
I imagine that means that they are requesting an extension on your behalf. And rightly so, as they messed up on their end with your medicals. I imagine that there is some sort of internal body that assesses a situation and decides whether extensions are possible, and I doubt that you would be seen as being at high risk of acquiring any sort of medical condition that would lead to excessive demand. God it's a bloody complicated business. At least you got a reply this time though! So, if they're asking for an extension right now, that would likely be late June/ early July for your COPR?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Eabie said:
Yay! I got a response from CIC to my second email (I sent the first with incorrect contact details, which I apologized for in my second).

"Good afternoon,

Your application remains under review. The review process is expected to be completed shortly and we will be in contact at that stage if we require any further information or documentation.

We are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the completion of the review process.

Kind regards,
CDD"

Does "under review" basically mean In Process? It still says Application Received on ECAS so I wasn't sure if they had even picked up my file yet.
Yup! It means your file is open, as opposed to "awaiting review". I wouldn't read too much into ECAS. It's notoriously unreliable!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
DGT are you still here...lol :-*
Oh yeah. Still here. FOREVER!!!!

ToqueEh

May 22, 2013
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
18-06-2013
AOR Received.
14-04-2013
File Transfer...
16-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2013
Hello! We're London based and my wonderful Canadian wife is sponsoring me :)

Here's our timeline so far:

I had my medical on 15th Jan 2013
Application sent to Mississauga on 7h March 2013
Confirmed received by Mississauga on 14th March 2013
Sponsorship approved by Mississauga on 16th April 2013
We got a letter confirming this around the same time, and saying the application had been moved to the London office for processing. on the CIC website it says 'Medical Results have been received'.

I'm told I just wait now, 4-6 months? exciting!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
ToqueEh said:
Hello! We're London based and my wonderful Canadian wife is sponsoring me :)

Here's our timeline so far:

I had my medical on 15th Jan 2013
Application sent to Mississauga on 7h March 2013
Confirmed received by Mississauga on 14th March 2013
Sponsorship approved by Mississauga on 16th April 2013
We got a letter confirming this around the same time, and saying the application had been moved to the London office for processing. on the CIC website it says 'Medical Results have been received'.

I'm told I just wait now, 4-6 months? exciting!
Firstly, your name gave me a chuckle! Super Canadian!

As for the timeline, 4 to 6 months seems about right at the moment provided it's a simple case (I.E no children being sponsored, no previous marriages or sponsorships, no complex travel history). Welcome to the club!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
I imagine that there is some sort of internal body that assesses a situation and decides whether extensions are possible, and I doubt that you would be seen as being at high risk of acquiring any sort of medical condition that would lead to excessive demand.
What they do is ask their medical department to look over the original medical and determine whether an extension can be given. So like you say if I dont have a medical condition with excessive demand then it should be straight forward.

DGT said:
So, if they're asking for an extension right now, that would likely be late June/ early July for your COPR?
I have no idea. To be honest if it was early July that would be perfect. My daughter would have finished school. My husband will be in to our/his new place and I have two weeks off work so I wouldnt have to feel guilty about not giving my 4 weeks notice and if they give an extension then I am in control again about when we leave, no more worrying about landing before medicals expire.

Just need to wait and see...

I wish I could stop checking Ecas - I KNOW ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE!! Just don't know why I am still checking it everyday. I even know they have matched up our medicals and it has never changed to medicals received and I stilll check it..... ???

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
DGT said:
Hey guys. I got a reply to an email I sent to London on Monday asking when I can expect my COPR.

Good afternoon,

Your medical results were received and the assessment has been completed. All requirements have been met and we will soon proceed with finalising your application and issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence form.

Kind regards,
CDD

So I guess i'll be there soon. It's my birthday on the 30th of May. Hopefully it'll arrive on that day. That'd be a great present. Might be able to get my life in order at last.
Nice one... very pleased for you. ;D

moonchild67

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-11-2012
Things have surely slowed down this month....except for my compulsion to check emails and ecas !!!!!!
Sighs .....was never one to hurry up and wait .

Aug 26, 2012
Afternoon all!

Had my interview in London yesterday and it was the easiest interview I've ever sat through! The officer was very nice and had an intern with him. It felt very informal and relaxed, but I guess when you know you have nothing to hide what's there to worry about? He asked me to head back to the waiting room after a while so he could type up his notes then he said we would begin the second part of the interview, when he called me back he sat me down and told me he was approving my application!

He said as I am flying back to Canada Monday he was going to try and get the paperwork done for me to fly back as a landed immigrant! There was one issue with it all which was a bloody computer error! He said the form says we had not paid one of the fees, but he could see 'behind the scenes' that we have. Then he said he had to contact Canada and get them to fix it before issuing me the paperwork and he will try and get it done by Friday!

Excellent news all round, my husband sadly did not make the trip as good ol' Canada Post did not deliver his passport on time, so as happy as he is at the news, he's very annoyed at not being here with me through it all. He's booked us a hotel for Monday night when I land back in Van to do some celebrating!!

I'm here in London until then, my mother is driving up from Swansea with my brother and nephew to spend the weekend with me here. My brother and nephew don't know I'm in the country so I can't wait to surprise them when they arrive tonight! After a gruelling nine month process, what a relief this is! Thank you all for your help and support, it's such a comfort to talk to people who are going through the same process.

Oh..and my folder full of paperwork I'd gathered..he didn't look at any of it!! He did say it looked very organized though!