+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
Fhaider said:
Passport sent yesterday.

Thats great!!! Are you sending it to family in London or the another visa office?

Forester2000

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2012
AOR Received.
July 24th 2012
File Transfer...
July 24th 2012
Med's Done....
May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
Reply to a Case Specific Enquiry to make a change of address.

Dear Madam / Sir,

We have received your request with your new address, and the information has been updated to reflect your new contact details. Note that the change of address made by our office may not be reflected on E-Cas. Also note that we will not confirm receipt of fax/ mail/ email received at this office but your file will be updated.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post to the applicant at the mailing address provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (VCM)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada

Web site: www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Forester2000 said:
Reply to a Case Specific Enquiry to make a change of address.

Dear Madam / Sir,

We have received your request with your new address, and the information has been updated to reflect your new contact details. Note that the change of address made by our office may not be reflected on E-Cas. Also note that we will not confirm receipt of fax/ mail/ email received at this office but your file will be updated.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post to the applicant at the mailing address provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (VCM)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada

Web site: www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca
Ya it's the standard one, they send sane to everyone.

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
to fly for a reasonable price is hard work. If you look at Airtransat, their flights are not too bad up until Dec 8th then after that they become outrageous and pretty much double. Flying out of LHR is not great because any foul weather totally destroys LHR. I remember 2 years ago they shut Heathrow for 2 or 3 days and everybody was redirected through LGW. LGW is about 2 miles from me also so is very practical.
Depends how much flexibility you have with dates but closer to Christmas Iceland Air becomes cheaper than Transat. Their one-way flight is the same cost (£470) from 03-Dec through to the 18th. Obviously that entails Heathrow though.

I'm heading out on the 30th November with Transat and just waiting it out in Canada, got tempted by the cheapness of those flights.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
ldjames said:
Depends how much flexibility you have with dates but closer to Christmas Iceland Air becomes cheaper than Transat. Their one-way flight is the same cost (£470) from 03-Dec through to the 18th. Obviously that entails Heathrow though.

I'm heading out on the 30th November with Transat and just waiting it out in Canada, got tempted by the cheapness of those flights.
Yeah cheers James,

I live so close to Gatwick (I can virtually see the runway) that Heathrow is a logisitcal nightmare to get too plus it is always so busy and so much queuing. I managed to spot (not booked yet) a flight that leaves on the 12th December and a return 11th May (whether I use it or not is dabetable) for £539 all in and I have a 10% discount if I book before Monday. If I could leave a week earlier it is £33 cheaper.

Thanks though mate :D

BBG83

Aug 15, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hey R151NG5UN,

I noticed that your medical has expired. Do you know what your plan is as of yet? I'm asking because my husband's medical will expire December 13th. I have no idea if we'll hear about his visa before then but even if we do he's not planning on moving here before February. I know there has been that extension for medicals, but don't know much about it?

Anyway if you can keep me up-to-date about any process you have to go through with your medical, that would be great! Thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
BBG83 said:
Hey R151NG5UN,

I noticed that your medical has expired. Do you know what your plan is as of yet? I'm asking because my husband's medical will expire December 13th. I have no idea if we'll hear about his visa before then but even if we do he's not planning on moving here before February. I know there has been that extension for medicals, but don't know much about it?

Anyway if you can keep me up-to-date about any process you have to go through with your medical, that would be great! Thanks!
If you want to hear more about medical extension, you could read this thread - people are also sharing their experiences there http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-exam-validity-extension-lets-share-our-timelines-t114915.45.html

hope it happens soon for you!
Sweden

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
BBG83 said:
Hey R151NG5UN,

Hey BBG,

My plan is to wait for the VO to instruct me how to move forwards. They have had my file a long time now and I assume at some point soon (although you never know with London VO) my COPR should be ready to be issued. If that is the case I believe I qualify for Medical extension (although certainly not assured). I heard that you should wait for VO instruction if you have to have a 2nd medical because a lot of DMP's won't carry out a 2nd medical without CIC instructing them.

As long as my file is 100% complete within 15 months of my 1st medical (1st Feb 2013) then an extension possibly will be added to my file and COPR issued but it is a grey area so I can't be 100% accurate or definitive. If I was your husband I would not do an extra medical without CIC telling you so (although some have done and some have had huge headaches and others have been fine)

I will keep you updated, if you just jog my memory now and again. My PCC's expire February 15th so if this process drags on much longer then I will have to redo medical and the PCC. If your husbands PCC expires at the same time as his medicals and he still has not COPR then an extension can't be requested. Basically the file has to be 100% perfect and anything with a use by date must still be valid.

Let me know how you guys get on also. Good luck. :D

BBG83

Aug 15, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Passport Req..
Exempt
Thanks for sharing!

We'll share what we hear. At this point, if he by some chance has his visa before his medical expires I think I'll just pay for him to have a quick flight to Toronto to land as PR before going back to the UK until Feb. More expensive, but by far easier!!

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
So it looks like it has been a seemingly slow week for London this week. Here's hoping that next week brings some speed.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
seamyb said:
So it looks like it has been a seemingly slow week for London this week. Here's hoping that next week brings some speed.
Yes indeed! I could do with a COPR right now!! :) getting quite bored, not being able to work or plan anything for my life... as most people on this forum I suppose! oh well - let's hope November is a good month, so lots of people can spend Christmas with their families...
Have a nice week end all,
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
what is PPR on the London Spreadsheet?

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
scottishmaple said:
what is PPR on the London Spreadsheet?
Passport request. Not all applicants get a request since London applicants are usually also nationals of visa exempt countries, but some (there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who) are asked to submit copies of all the pages of their passport before their COPR is issued.