+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
gideonj said:
Hi guys - last post here about 2 months ago trying to fill out forms - well I finally got all aspects of the application together, it was received in Mississauga today.

Now I can join the club I've wanted to be in for so long: those waiting for news! So glad not to have to be filling out forms anymore! :)

I hear there is a spread sheet to update? PinkLady could you add me to the race?

I have a question for the forums as well.

I am in Canada on a year long visa which expires October 16th (about 3 weeks time!) and obviously my application has only just gone in - I'm hoping to leave Canada on the 15th of October and re-enter straight away as a tourist while I wait here for the visa to be done (months and months, I know) - does anyone have any experience of this, or any idea if it's possible?

I'm currently in Canada as an IEC (international experience canada) 1 year worker.

Thanks!
I applied online to extend my status as a visitor so didn't have to leave at all. I explained (in the section asking why you wanted the extension) that I would be applying for permanent residency and if possible could they make my visitor record last 12 months instead of the usual six so I did not have to go through the process again (and save myself another $75), which they obviously went for as my visitor record expires June 16th 2013. I also stated that I wanted to remain in Canada with my boyfriend, that I wanted to do another ski season and that I had already bought a new pass, that I have a lease agreement on a home that I love, and that I also have pets that I did not want to leave (and probably some other bits as well), as further reasons for wanting to remain here as a visitor. I sent them evidence that I had enough money to support myself during this time (which they ask for of course). Something along these lines should work for you as well, maybe include the PR application payment receipt number in your write up.

Not sure if you have to leave because you were planning a visit home, or whether you were just going to go to the border and back, and if that's the case then I think I would just apply online (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/extend-visit.asp). If you are going to go home and then come back, or cross the border, just take evidence with you that you are applying for the PR (such as your payment receipt) and also proof of funds to show you can support yourself, and I think you should be fine.

That's my understanding of it anyway, after browsing these forums for the past 6 months or so.

Congrats on getting your app sent in :)

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Sweden said:
Congrats, that's good to hear, and officially welcome to London - your file can be in the queue with ours! :)
Cheers,
Sweden
Thank you! I'm relieved it's been approved, but I know the harder part is still to come.

Hope you get your COPR before you fly out.

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Laurenhannah said:
London gurl, have you read through the package online as it seems you are rather confused on the whole process. I'm not sure where you would include the kids names as we don't have kids, but you absolutely have to include the kids. We had to even include my boyfriends step sister whom he's never met before let alone knows where she lives.
yea i,ve already filled in the form but havent sent the application form yet as i am still in london moving back to canada on the 17th oct when i intend to post the application ,Im so confused about all the information .I went thru the forms and the guideline but it so confusing nowhere is written in the form name of kids but only in the sponsor form the name of the person and date you were married to if divorced but nothing is included if there are kids,So confused if I dont give the information as my hubby cannot get his pr or refusal to enter canada.though mu hybby dont have any contacts with his ex and kids ,wondering if i have to give this piece of information,thanks

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Congrats Woffles, I remember that feeling, it's good, enjoy it!
Welcome to Stage 2 ;D

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
Hi everyone...:is there an option in the London visa office to hand in your passport in person after the PPR in order for that part to be quicker???

please help!!!! :-[

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
canucks78 said:
Hi,

Anybody know/heard of any good International Removals/ International Moving companies?

Many thanks
We used these guys http://www.shipit.co.uk/

They were really efficient and the best price that I could find. They also have different options so you can collect from a depot (which we did because I knew my brother would help us with his truck) or delivered straight to your door. Everything arrived safe and nothing was broken - until I unpacked it and dropped my beautiful glass candle holder as soon as I picked it up out of the box!! ::)

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
canucks78 said:
Hi,

Anybody know/heard of any good International Removals/ International Moving companies?

Many thanks
We're using Simply Ship, they are a company out of Aberdeen and were the second cheapest, but best service...so far....

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
londongurl said:
yea i,ve already filled in the form but havent sent the application form yet as i am still in london moving back to canada on the 17th oct when i intend to post the application ,Im so confused about all the information .I went thru the forms and the guideline but it so confusing nowhere is written in the form name of kids but only in the sponsor form the name of the person and date you were married to if divorced but nothing is included if there are kids,So confused if I dont give the information as my hubby cannot get his pr or refusal to enter canada.though mu hybby dont have any contacts with his ex and kids ,wondering if i have to give this piece of information,thanks
I know it can be confusing, and as mentioned, we don't have children involved so i'm not sure where in the application they have to be entered, but i'm 99.9% sure they will have to be in there somewhere. As i said, my boyfriend had to list his step sister and brother whom he's never even met. I know you do have to include the children because immigration want to know of all possible people who one day you may want to bring over to Canada (even though they have zero contact). Hopefully someone who has a similar experience can help you out more, but i wouldn't send off your application without having them included in there somewhere. Good luck

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
Caddboy said:
Sooooo Fustrating.......everyone around me on the London VO spreadsheet is getting In Process or Decision Made, and I've heard nothing.....
I know exacally how you feel, we are in the same boat! It would be reassuring if London VO could atleast acknowlege they have our application of update ECAS!! Hang in there, we should be processed soon! :-X

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
canucks78 said:
Hi,

Many thanks
Relouk is good, they picked up our stuff last Friday!!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
My heart is aching from anxiety. I have such a complicated case and my nerves are getting the better of me.

Haven't lived or worked in the UK since 2003. I had police reports from 4 countries. I have family in Canada but since I haven't been on talking terms with them for over 10 years, I couldn't provide all their info.

So so so nervous. I wish London would just at least send me a message saying "we have your application".

I know a lot of you are in the same boat and are anxious too. Just wanted to share my frustration. Hoping that London starts speeding up again.

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Laurenhannah said:
I know it can be confusing, and as mentioned, we don't have children involved so i'm not sure where in the application they have to be entered, but i'm 99.9% sure they will have to be in there somewhere. As i said, my boyfriend had to list his step sister and brother whom he's never even met. I know you do have to include the children because immigration want to know of all possible people who one day you may want to bring over to Canada (even though they have zero contact). Hopefully someone who has a similar experience can help you out more, but i wouldn't send off your application without having them included in there somewhere. Good luck
thanks though will let u know afterwards

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
I was wondering, many of you have got dates on the spreadsheet indicating "in process", do you get a letter from London or is it updates on ECAS? I getting very worried as many people applied after me seem to be getting information and applications processed? Thanks! :-[

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Herjeet said:
I was wondering, many of you have got dates on the spreadsheet indicating "in process", do you get a letter from London or is it updates on ECAS? I getting very worried as many people applied after me seem to be getting information and applications processed? Thanks! :-[
Hey Herjeet,

I assume the majority of updates are through E-cas and regular mail when you are finally approved. You must be imminent now, hopefully this week. I believe processing times are from when the VO received your package, not when you initially filed your application with Mississagua, therefore looking at the spreadsheet there are 4 people processed before you but their application was received after yours. Also lets not forget certain applications require more background checks, if you have moved about a lot then checking with certain authorities/ districts will impact your time. If you have remained in one place since you were 18, then background checks will be quicker. More work the VO has to do on your file the longer it will take.

Fingers crossed for you and lets hope you hear something this week. ;D