+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
TracyHooper

I can't answer your question about if you can or can not sponsor him but as a suggestion, did your husband pick up any trades in the army? Have a look at the list of occupations that the Canadian goverment are looking for. I have not checked for over a year but I believe they are letting 500 ish people from each job or 10000 total and the count re-starts on or around July 1st so be quick. If he has any of the popular choices you need to get your application to land on their door step no earlier than July 1st because this year if full but as soon as possible when they reopen this class. I hear this can be quite a quick process sometimes.

Look at skilled worker class or provincial nomonee. Would be easiest if he can secure a job offer. Hope this helps.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
TracyHooper said:
Hi Everyone,

I need some advice;

I am Candaian and my husband is british and we would like to move to canada. We currently live in england (we have been married 8 years and I have been abroad for 9years) We have an 18 month old (i think she's entitled to citizenship as I am a 1st gen canadian)

So my question is can I sponsor my husband even though I haven't worked for 18 months (my last pay check was sept 2011, it was maternity) He has just been made redundant from the British Army and we will get a £40,000 payout to leave and my mother and father are letting us stay with them, so no rent to worry about. How do I fill out the financial form (IMM1283)?

If I can't sponsor him what are our options?

Thank you for any help,
Tracy
Hey Tracy,

first of all - welcome to the forum! You can sponsor your husband, as there is no income requirement for spousal sponsorship. You will need to prove that you are moving back to canada, and a letter from your parents stating that they will let you stay with them is a good start. You can include information on how you intend to support yourself once you get there so CIC can see that you have thought about it and you are serious about moving to Canada, so prepare well your file, but otherwise it should be no reason.

you can look at the first post in "family class sponsorship", there are lots of information available, and come back and ask any question you may have! start looking at the form, gathering evidence, organising them - it's a long and tiring process, and it takes time - currently 3 months for first step approval and 2 to 7 months for London office, so be prepared...

In your case you can always move back earlier as your husband is from a visa-exempt country, but he won't be allowed to work in canada until he obtains his PR.

Good luck!
Sweden

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
TracyHooper said:
Hi Everyone,

I need some advice;

I am Candaian and my husband is british and we would like to move to canada. We currently live in england (we have been married 8 years and I have been abroad for 9years) We have an 18 month old (i think she's entitled to citizenship as I am a 1st gen canadian)

So my question is can I sponsor my husband even though I haven't worked for 18 months (my last pay check was sept 2011, it was maternity) He has just been made redundant from the British Army and we will get a £40,000 payout to leave and my mother and father are letting us stay with them, so no rent to worry about. How do I fill out the financial form (IMM1283)?

Thank you for any help,
Tracy
I'm in a similar position to you. I am 9 months pregnant. My husband has just left the forces. I have lived here in the UK for nearly 9 years. I am CDN and have just been approved to sponsor my husband. We are staying with my parents too when we get to Vancouver. I don't think i filled that form in I gave them my payslips for the 12 months prior so i Would just give your maternity payslips. I also stated that we had savings so if they required further information i could give them a bank statement showing this.
As for citizenship for the baby we have been looking into this. Our little one is due in 2 weeks. You can apply for both citizenship and a CDN passport for the baby through the High Commission in London. They are entitled to it automatically.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
liuminparis said:
Hi Pinklady,

Pls update the spreadsheet for me. My sponsorship has been approved. Email revd on June 11th.

Thanks a lot!
Updated

Colleen38

Oct 10, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2012
TracyHooper said:
Hi Everyone,

I need some advice;

Thank you for any help,
Tracy
Hi Tracy!
Welcome to the forum - it has helped me loads.

I was (am) in almost the same situation as you! I'm a Canadian, married to my husband for 8 years - he is still serving in the British Army. I have 2 kids - one born in Canada and one here. You have to first apply for your child's Canadian Citizenship card, which is very simple. Then once you have that, you have to apply for a passport for your child as if you are moving back, they need to enter the country on the canadian passport.

Regarding sponsoring your husband - it wouldn't matter if you worked or not, as it is a family sponsorship money doesn't even enter the picture. They ask for some information, but the decision is not based on whether you have an income.

i'm currently going through the process now - we have sponsorship approval and the file is in London now being processed - hopefully soon! I've moved back to Calgary in the beginning of May on my own to get a job,house, car, etc. while my husband is a single dad while the kids finish school. I managed to get a fantastic job within 3 weeks of moving, and just yesterday offered on a great house. Now I just need to get possession and get my family out to enjoy our life! My husband will be staying in the army until he retires in February 2013.

Just a heads-up - when you do your sponsorship, your husband will also have to request a special criminal record check through the army. That is what is holding up our case at the moment - we did the criminal record check that everyone has to supply, but apparently if someone served in the forces, you also need to do a military police check. First I heard of that!

Good luck, message me if you need any advice or help!

Cheers
Colleen

dancanman

Sep 6, 2011
Hi guys

Wondering if anyone have had any luck, getting a reply from London about anything at all ?
I mailed copy of passport etc as requested, after my status went to "Decision made", on may 12th, and since I haven't heard anything back. I started worrying that either my letter to them OR worse their reply had been lost in the mail (I mailed it registered, but no way of tracking anything after it "arrived in a foreign country". It doesn't even tell what country, on Canada Post's tracker.)
Therefore I e-mailed London about a week ago, asking if they could confirm, that they actually got my documents, and guess what....not a peep. Do they not reply in general ?
I've tried to get them on the phone as well, but no luck.
This is truly a frustrating and aggrivating process, and any advice on how to get anything out of them, would be appreciated.....or some assurance, that more than a mont on the last stage is normal, and that I should just sit back, and wait....again.

Sigh!

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Hi Pinklady, I have an update for the spreadsheet: sponsor approval received on 8th June.

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Colleen38 said:
Hi Tracy!

I was (am) in almost the same situation as you! I'm a Canadian, married to my husband for 8 years - he is still serving in the British Army. I have 2 kids - one born in Canada and one here. You have to first apply for your child's Canadian Citizenship card, which is very simple. Then once you have that, you have to apply for a passport for your child as if you are moving back, they need to enter the country on the canadian passport.

Regarding sponsoring your husband - it wouldn't matter if you worked or not, as it is a family sponsorship money doesn't even enter the picture. They ask for some information, but the decision is not based on whether you have an income.

i'm currently going through the process now - we have sponsorship approval and the file is in London now being processed - hopefully soon! I've moved back to Calgary in the beginning of May on my own to get a job,house, car, etc. while my husband is a single dad while the kids finish school. I managed to get a fantastic job within 3 weeks of moving, and just yesterday offered on a great house. Now I just need to get possession and get my family out to enjoy our life! My husband will be staying in the army until he retires in February 2013.

Just a heads-up - when you do your sponsorship, your husband will also have to request a special criminal record check through the army. That is what is holding up our case at the moment - we did the criminal record check that everyone has to supply, but apparently if someone served in the forces, you also need to do a military police check. First I heard of that!

Cheers
Colleen
Hi Colleen,
My husband has just left the Royal Marines. Our application has been transferred to London and we are awaiting to hear anymore from them. I am wondering if we should just do the military police check and send it to London to pre-empt them requesting it. I am wanting to get this whole process done and over with so badly as we are in MQ and needing to be out in 93 days so we move in Sept whether we have approval or not. My husband is going to end up coming as a tourist as he has to return to the UK in Oct anyways to finish his Uni exams. I wish they would have stated somewhere on the application that this was a requirment so I wasn't sitting here feeling smug we had a complete application. GRR!!

Sarah

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Colleen38 said:
Hi Tracy!

Cheers
Colleen
Where did you go to get a military police check? I don't think my husband has a clue who to even ask.

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Wow so I think I may have messed up. I thought I had everything all sorted, and I was just waiting for my police certificate, so I got that yesterday. HOWEVER I only just realised that the whole application has to be sent to Missisauga, Ontario first, is this correct? I sent it all to the UK for my parents to check over and add the police certificate in (I am currently visiting my hubby in Canada right now) and they were going to send it to the London office... I have emailed them to tell them I think the whole thing has to go to Ontario first, is this right? I have read so much information online I can't even keep it all straight right now!
And we already paid for the application using direct deposit after talking to the bank (Natwest in the UK) and after they read all the instructions they advised that was the best way they understood to pay.

I'm stressing out, I am also applying for a temporary work permit and LMO at the moment as I have a job offer that starts in September, and I think I may have just messed everything up!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
antz21 said:
Wow so I think I may have messed up. I thought I had everything all sorted, and I was just waiting for my police certificate, so I got that yesterday. HOWEVER I only just realised that the whole application has to be sent to Missisauga, Ontario first, is this correct? I sent it all to the UK for my parents to check over and add the police certificate in (I am currently visiting my hubby in Canada right now) and they were going to send it to the London office... I have emailed them to tell them I think the whole thing has to go to Ontario first, is this right? I have read so much information online I can't even keep it all straight right now!
And we already paid for the application using direct deposit after talking to the bank (Natwest in the UK) and after they read all the instructions they advised that was the best way they understood to pay.

I'm stressing out, I am also applying for a temporary work permit and LMO at the moment as I have a job offer that starts in September, and I think I may have just messed everything up!
If you are applying outland, then you definitely have to send the whole application to Mississauga, Ontario. they review the sponsor part, and if you get approved, then they tell you and they send your application to your VO - London in your case. No point in sending it to London directly.

best,
Sweden

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Sweden said:
If you are applying outland, then you definitely have to send the whole application to Mississauga, Ontario. they review the sponsor part, and if you get approved, then they tell you and they send your application to your VO - London in your case. No point in sending it to London directly.

best,
Sweden
Thanks Sweden, I read and re-read the instructions so many times but I must have missed that somewhere!

Tweety35

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
File Transfer...
jan 2012
Med's Done....
19th april
Passport Req..
12th august
VISA ISSUED...
26th august
LANDED..........
hey guys,

i have a valid question here, the cic website where you check your statuse of your application.... it shows your application "in process" .... now it shows and displays "Medical documents recieved" .... now if you have been requested a fingerprint form reults... my question is:

would it also display "criminal record checks results recieved" aswell? now thinking logically i am guessing it would but i just want confirmation that is true.

so does anyone know at all through experience?

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
antz21 said:

If its been sent already, theyll either send it back to you or send it straight on to Missi. So dont worry, your application will be fine.

babydart

Apr 22, 2010
Fhaider said:
Hi babydart

you need to wait. there is nothing you can do to speed up the process

wish you best of luck

Thanks

F

Thank you f ,

Do you think speaking to mp will help , many people r advising me to do that cuz it been a year n half since I applay .

I need help plz