+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Rosie Lee said:
If its been sent already, theyll either send it back to you or send it straight on to Missi. So dont worry, your application will be fine.
Thanks Rosie Lee... Crisis averted, I might have been a little dramatic on that day!! Application is now being sent to Missisauga on Monday 18th (at last!!).

My next question is - how will I know that they have received it? Will they email me?

Thanks

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babydart said:
Fhaider said:
Hi babydart

you need to wait. there is nothing you can do to speed up the process

wish you best of luck

Thanks

F

Thank you f ,

Do you think speaking to mp will help , many people r advising me to do that cuz it been a year n half since I applay .

I need help plz

Hi babydart

I think CIC will take their time, get CAIPS file, may be there is something going on your file which might have created a red flag only if it has taken more than processing time at local VO and yeah I've read some posts where people speak to MPs and approach CIC, its been of help sometimes not with every case though,

Please go to http://www.caips.ca/ to know about CAIPS

wish you best of luck

F

thisdj1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 13th 2012
Med's Done....
FEB 2012
ANTZ21- They will send you an email when they have looked at it. I sent my file in feb VIA DHL so i could track it
they received it on the 13th feb but, you wont get anything from CIC ofice to say they have recevied it. On the 11th June I got an email to say that I have been approved a sponser and also sent me on the same email a referacne number i can use to check my status updates online. Hope that helps

apcmwh

Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2011
AOR Received.
10-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
16-06-2012
Hi Pinklady,

My COPR was issued on May 9th; can you add that update to the spreadsheet? Thanks!

The spreadsheet was incredibly helpful during our process so thanks very much for maintaining it.

A couple of other observations on our application that may be helpful to others.

First, we didn't get the form 100% right first time around (not the sponsorship, but the actual PR forms). Our's was just a minor point where we'd missinterprited one of the questions and failed to provide a complete history in relevant box. Interesting point here was that CIC notified us of this by email on May 4th - given I had all the required info to hand I was able to amend the form and express ship it back from Canada ($80 :-( same day. I wasn't sure how long it would take CIC London to process an update (there was an ominous sounding "Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence." in the email) but it turned out to be pretty quick, as the COPR was issued on the 9th (the day after the delivery receipt for the updated form).

Second, we'd already moved out to Toronto before getting the PR finalized so I assumed I'd need to make a flagpole trip to land. I'll be starting a job that will need regular travel to the US, so the idea of getting any kind of rejection from US immigration was a non-starter. This probably isn't news, but the crossing at Fort Erie has a handy u-turn option allowing you to avoid US immigration completely. Landing was a 10 minute process, although, we did pick the one day that CIC systems were down so we had a few hours in the Fort Erie vicinity before that could happen.

Cheers,

pinklady said:
Hi again,
I think I have added all the recent updates to the spreadsheet (link below). If I have missed anything, please let me know!

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Apcmwh

What were immigration like when you went to Toronto before the PR was finalised? What were immigration like at the border/airport?
We are going to Vancouver before hubby's PR is finalised and he is coming as a tourist with a return ticket (he needs to come back to UK in Oct anyway). Just worried they would turn him away.

danap

Star Member
May 9, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scooper81 said:
Apcmwh

What were immigration like when you went to Toronto before the PR was finalised? What were immigration like at the border/airport?
We are going to Vancouver before hubby's PR is finalised and he is coming as a tourist with a return ticket (he needs to come back to UK in Oct anyway). Just worried they would turn him away.
Hi there,
Don,t worry....i am a PR and i went for a vacation back home returning in Vancouver with my husband that was holding a visitor visa (his sponsorship file was on process and we got the visa for him to spend some time from processing here with me) .....no issues at all......as a Uk passport holder you don,t need visa so you can enter anytime to visit..... .you can go together to the same officer, present the documents and everything will be fine ...... if they don,t have a strong reason they will not do anything..... believe me it will be easy and fast (5 min top).....
Take care.

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
My problem is my baby and I will be flying first, husband is coming over 2nd after organising the shippers a week later.
We stupidly did not make copies of our application so the only documentation we have is from CIC a letter saying I am approved as a sponsor and our receipt for fees. What other paperwork should he bring? In addition to his university exam schedule to show an intent to return to UK in October.

apcmwh

Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2011
AOR Received.
10-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
16-06-2012
Not quite the same, but I (sponsored husband!) took a trip on my own out of the country after we moved here, but before getting the PR. Just flying down to NYC, but I had no issues with immigration. I just explained that I was living here as a visitor while waiting for the PR to come through - they had no concerns with that, and just reminded me to go back to the airport to get the visitor visa extended if the PR didn't come through in time (you can do that without leaving the country). I did take a copy of the application with me just in case, but wasn't asked for it. I'd recommend traveling with any docs you do have - the CIC sponsor letter and receipts are a good start.

I don't think you really need to show an intent to return to the UK.

Cheers,

scooper81 said:
My problem is my baby and I will be flying first, husband is coming over 2nd after organising the shippers a week later.
We stupidly did not make copies of our application so the only documentation we have is from CIC a letter saying I am approved as a sponsor and our receipt for fees. What other paperwork should he bring? In addition to his university exam schedule to show an intent to return to UK in October.

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
pinklady said:
Hi pinklady- spreadsheet update for you when you get a spare minute
Application sent (from England to Mississauga) on 13/6/12, signed for on 18/6/12.
P.s. thanks for keeping up this spreadsheet ;D

gideonj

Oct 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2012
Med's Done....
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
Still in the pre-applicaiton stages here. My goal of a 1 week turnaround a little optimistic! ::)

My police certificate has arrived with my parents in the UK, they will now send it to me so that I can send all the other parts of the application to Misseunga. I paid for the expedited option, and they were very helpful and fast.

Worth noting,I could not provide 2 proofs of address, I had my bank statement, but not anything else (bills in girlfriend's name). So I used my printed out mobile phone invoice from Mobilicity, which did not have my address on it, and photoshopped my address to it. I provided no false information, but given that Mobilicity had my address displayed and my account details and name etc displayed on different parts of their website, I just copy pasted it all together.

There was no objection to this as the second piece of proof. I'm not recommending any fabricate documents, and certainly not with false information! But if you are stuck for it and there is a reasonable option that can be adjusted to fit their parameters, it worked for me. Your mileage may vary!

Question: Can anyone advise me how the proof of relationship submission tends to go down?

As far as I can tell, on form IMM5540E, they ask questions about the nature of the relationship etc, and at the end it says 'on a separate sheet of paper provide any additional details of your relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing.' This seems like the opportunity to provide all the extra details people talk about here. Now I don't want to go overboard, but I am thinking of including:

-detailed timeline of relationship
-bank statements from joint account
-bank statements at previous addresses showing that we lived together for several years
-signed joint tenancy agreement
-photos of us on holiday together
-plane tickets

(should these be originals or copies?)

is this 1) way too much information 2) not the place to do it (is there somewhere else all this should be submitted, I can't seem to find it) 3) given that this isn't just a 'separate sheet of paper' I'm planning to include an envelope labelled 'Evidence of nature of relationship' and including it in with everything else.

I'd just really like to know the thoughts of anyone who has done this, what they did and if anyone has feedback from CIC about insufficient evidence etc.

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Ah, Just spoke with CIC today and they have approved me as a Sponsor!!!! Although the email went to my old work email address (as I'm now back in Canada), meaning I need to update the contact information for the application. So based on the spreadsheet my wife "should" be approved by mid September.

Question is; if she arrives in Canada in August for a visit, what do we have to do to activate the P/R if she's already in the country visiting????

cheers

Jan 3, 2011
Southampton, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-05-2012
File Transfer...
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27-07-2012
gideonj said:
I am thinking of including:

-detailed timeline of relationship

We did this through what would be more of a covering letter

-bank statements from joint account

yes, we included statements of things held jointly, our mortgage, rental agreements

-photos of us on holiday together

We included pictures over the course of 16 years, although we did not have many of the two of us together but did have of course, wedding photos etc as well as us with our kids but also included pics of us with the people who wrote our reference letters and pics of eachother with eachother's families and friends. We included 110 photos in the end.

-plane tickets

yup, and itinieraires as well as my bill of landing from when I moved here and money transfer documents when Dom gave me money for our wedding etc.

(should these be originals or copies?)

We sent copies but have kept all originals in a folder in a safe place in case at any time they request the originals

is this 1) way too much information 2) not the place to do it (is there somewhere else all this should be submitted, I can't seem to find it) 3) given that this isn't just a 'separate sheet of paper' I'm planning to include an envelope labelled 'Evidence of nature of relationship' and including it in with everything else.
yeah that is what we did. It does get confusing as some info ends up either in mutliple places (like bank statments/marriage certs etc) but we just referenced to them (please see info provided for x) if it was needed to be shown in multiple areas. Like some things we put for my sponsorship while others were for Dom's Application

A mind field but at the end of the day we felt better to overcompensate and be comprehensive than miss osmething or then have the application delayed bcause we did not include something.

Hope this helps a little.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Caddboy said:
Ah, Just spoke with CIC today and they have approved me as a Sponsor!!!! Although the email went to my old work email address (as I'm now back in Canada), meaning I need to update the contact information for the application. So based on the spreadsheet my wife "should" be approved by mid September.

Question is; if she arrives in Canada in August for a visit, what do we have to do to activate the P/R if she's already in the country visiting????

cheers
Hey Caddboy,

congratulations on your approval, that's great! you've waiting for long, good that they could tell you on the phone!
If your wife is already in the country, once you have the COPR ( I suppose your wife is from a visa exempt country) you need to "exit" and enter again... typically going to the US would work, and it's an easy process from everybody who has done it. you exit Canada, you don't even need to enter the US, and go back saying that you want to "land", and they will process the paperwork. most applicants did it in 15 to 20 min.

I think i read somewhere that the process could be done in an international airport, but I am not sure about that - maybe some other members would know about it.

Good luck with the process!
Cheers,
Sweden

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Sweet thanks Sweden. Yes my wife is Portuguese, so she doesn't need a visa to come for a visit. It would be good if we can do it at an international airport, as I live Calgary and the airport is an international one. Only draw back is my wife will need to book a return flight to the UK when coming as a visitor....might need to get some cancelation insurance for the return flight.

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Ok slightly panicked now after reading how many documents of proof of relationship people have included. We have been together 13 years married for almost 9. We included some photos etc but nowhere near what people have been talking about on the forum. Our cover letter outlined our relationship and the documents and information seemed pretty clear. I am now worrying that we have not included enough. The whole fact that we were married in Canada when he was a PR we thought showed it pretty clear he did not marry me to get into Canada bc he was already allowed to live there. Do I now need to be worried? I saw people including binders of evidence.