+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

greenman

Mar 27, 2012
pinklady said:
You must send the original form the doctor gave you (its light green I believe). It is listed on the document checklist. Take a copy of it, purely for your records.
You will not need this for landing. When it is time to land, Immigration will issue you with a COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) It is this document you need to land.

Good luck, hope you get it posted on Friday!!
Thank you Pinklady...your prompt response now means it will get posted on Thursday. I feel one whole day earlier is gonna make all the difference!

Thanks once again :)

arbs

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-21012
Hi all, It's been 3 and half weeks since CIC received my package in the post, my package was tracked, so I know they got it. But, I still haven't received anything from CIC saying that they have received my package or anything, is this normal?

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
arbs said:
Hi all, It's been 3 and half weeks since CIC received my package in the post, my package was tracked, so I know they got it. But, I still haven't received anything from CIC saying that they have received my package or anything, is this normal?
You wont hear anything before 55 days.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
greenman said:
Thank you Pinklady...your prompt response now means it will get posted on Thursday. I feel one whole day earlier is gonna make all the difference!

Thanks once again :)
Congrats, hope you got it posted off ok!
And you're welcome :)

Do you mind me adding your details to the spreadsheet?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
lesleyaddy said:
Would we be able to pay for medical cover, as we were planning on doing that nayway as you dont recieve it for the first 3 months anyway do you? If hes a visitor, can we pay for healthcare cover privately?

Lesley xxxx
Yep you will be able to pay for health coverage, no issues there.
:)

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
pinklady said:
Yep you will be able to pay for health coverage, no issues there.
:)
Allll panic ovvver. Spoken to the canadian high commision today in London. Theyre going to have the citizenship certificate there and mark it as urgent and theyre going to issue a facilitation visa so all angles are covered and there will be no problem. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats the end of my sponsorship application :) Thank You so muccchhh to everyonee who answered any questions and thank you Pink Lady :) You are a star bar :) We're landing on the 18th May so ill post our Landing experience with you. Until then itss tooodllesss.

Thankkk you and good luck to everyyoneeee :)

Lesley xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
I had my medical yesterday. In the process of filling out and printing off all final forms.

Couple of questions:

1. On the generic form, it says country of current residence. I am living in Canada with my spouse on an extended tourist visa. It says From and To. What date do I put in the "to" box? I can't write present. I am printing off the forms but don't plan to send them for another week or maybe two.

2. When I validate the forms, it says that there are barcodes on them. However, I don't see any. When I print them off, all I see on the last page are a bunch of small numbers like "1mmm0008_07_2011_08" but no barcodes. Is this right? Is something wrong? If so what?

Thanks in advance!

BBG83

Aug 15, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Passport Req..
Exempt
pinklady said:
Congrats, hope you got it posted off ok!
And you're welcome :)

Do you mind me adding your details to the spreadsheet?
Hi pinklady!

I'm greenman's wife. You might remember me freaking out on here about him being let into the country for our wedding in December. :)

Please add our names to the spreadsheet, but not quite yet... greenman mailed his part of the application to me today, now it's my turn to gather up the rest of what I need and send it in officially. I'm aiming for the week of April 15-21.

Quick question about the "option C" printout. I haven't received my notice of assessment for 2011 tax year. If I understand correctly, it is used just to see my income? If I don't have one for 2011, but have one for 2010 (very low income for Canada as I moved back to Canada from England in August 2010) should I include it? I have a letter from my employer stating my salary, plus I could send T4 slips from 2011 showing how much I made. Would this be sufficient or should I wait for the 2011 notice of assessment?

Can't wait to send the application in! I'm getting tired of people asking me when greenman will be moving to Canada and me having to sheepishly admit we haven't even applied for his visa yet...

Cheers!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hey, if you're only planning on being ready to file the application in mid april, then hang on abit, you may get your notice of assessment.
It might be worth phoning the CRA 1-800-959-8281 to have them send an additional option C anyway, then you will one for your records.

This could help
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5196ETOC.asp#overview
scroll down just under half way to Question 12 of the financial evaluation section.

And yes, i remember :)

BBG83

Aug 15, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Passport Req..
Exempt
I called CRA... I just did my taxes beginning of March and my accountant sent my return in. It's not even showing up as being in process or whatever on their end. I'm going to call next week again. Thanks for the link pinklady, I guess I hadn't read over that form closely enough! I'll definitely need my notice of assessment for 2011.

This might push back our timeline for mailing in application again. First we thought "end of February" that quickly became "end of March" then mid-April and now it looks like we'll be lucky to have it in end of April! Oh the joys of immigration!

We're nervous because greenman's CRB expires mid-May as it is only good for 3 months. Should he be applying for a new one just to be safe?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
BBG83 said:
We're nervous because greenman's CRB expires mid-May as it is only good for 3 months. Should he be applying for a new one just to be safe?
Yeah this might be a good idea, just in case.
You could wait another couple of weeks until mid April or so, then apply for a new police certificate.
Better to be safe than sorry!

Argh annoying about the delay though. Hope it gets resolved soon.

englishmaninCAN

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
06-04-2012
ahm2299 said:
You wont hear anything before 55 days.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
Just as a note for you, I didnt hear anything for 72 days, and that was only because I rang up. It still hasnt been approved to this date and I sent it on Jan 12th.

ShaunT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2011
Hi all and Pinklady.

This is just to report that my status has now been updated to Decision Made today.

I hope to assume this is a good thing as I haven't had any requests for any further information. I guess all should be revealed in next weeks post :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
ShaunT said:
Hi all and Pinklady.

This is just to report that my status has now been updated to Decision Made today.

I hope to assume this is a good thing as I haven't had any requests for any further information. I guess all should be revealed in next weeks post :D
Fingers crossed! :)

ShaunT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2011
I was thinking that decision made was recorded on the spreadsheet lol.

Fingers crossed for next weeks post