+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
Finally received my documents and passport back yesterday, nearly kissed the postman who was trying to make a quick get away. called the CIC customer service for an appointment at Canada Place, Edmonton. They called me today and I got my appoinment for the 24th January to officially land. YAY! ;D :p ;D

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
So frustrating to still be waiting. Sponsorship approval on 30th September and silence since then! I wish I knew what was taking so long. :(

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aperture said:
So frustrating to still be waiting. Sponsorship approval on 30th September and silence since then! I wish I knew what was taking so long. :(
Aperature, this seems to be along time, are you married to your partner?

Maid_Marian

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
mittens said:
congratulations maid-marion!!! :)
let us know how the landing goes?
Hey Mittens (and any others interested in hearing my landing story),

I'm now a Permanent Resident! It feels like such a relief. We live in Winnipeg, so we drove down to the US border at Emerson (a bit over an hour away) and landed there. Fiance took his passport, I took mine along with the COPR. Also took some other bits (my visitor record, ESTA number etc) but nothing else was needed except for my drivers licence, which they asked for at customs after I'd landed - think it was just something to show my address.

The whole bit at the borders took about an hour, most of which was waiting in the (always slower than the one next door!) car queue to get to the border. The US side asked why we were crossing, our relationship to each other and then took our passports from us and told us to park up and go inside. After waiting about 10 minutes, an official came over with our passports and a piece of paper saying I'd been refused admission to the US - this originally worried me, but he reassured me it was just a weird part of immigration rules whereby the US can't admit me (as I'm just doing a U turn and going back to land) but the Canadian side needs this piece of paper to show that I did leave the country. He then came out of the office with us, took down a barrier so we could cut back into the line to enter Canada and bid us a good day.

The Canadian side felt more friendly than the US side, but maybe that was just me! In the office, the immigration official took my passport and COPR, got me to write down my current address and phone number (for the PR card delivery) and asked me whether I'd ever committed a crime, been refused entry into Canada or asked to leave Canada, then told us to take a seat. About 5 minutes later, he called us back up and said the best words ever "Congratulations! You're now a Permanent Resident!" Lastly, he explained the things I can't do as PR and gave me some info about the card and Manitoba healthcare etc. Last bit was to see Customs to sign a sheet confirming that I had no belongings etc that would be joining me later, and we were done!

Not a bad experience at all and the immigration guy I got was positively lovely!

Just waiting for it all to sink in now...

Jianadaren

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mid-09-2010
AOR Received.
late-10-2010
File Transfer...
late-10-2010
Med's Done....
mid-08-2010
Passport Req..
mid-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
late-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-11-2011
Maid_Marian said:
Hey Mittens (and any others interested in hearing my landing story),
Just waiting for it all to sink in now...
Hi! seems like a standard practice :) we had the same experience in Ontario, however without the long wait - we were done in about 40 mins including Canadians and the US side :)

Bluesteam

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Langley
Visa Office......
Berlin
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MandyUK said:
Finally received my documents and passport back yesterday, nearly kissed the postman who was trying to make a quick get away. called the CIC customer service for an appointment at Canada Place, Edmonton. They called me today and I got my appoinment for the 24th January to officially land. YAY! ;D :p ;D
Great news Mandy.... Was worried about you since there was nothing but silence from your side - Have a Happy New Year !!
(keep warm in chilly Edmonton - nice and warm here in Vancouver ) :p :p

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
Bluesteam said:
Great news Mandy.... Was worried about you since there was nothing but silence from your side - Have a Happy New Year !!
(keep warm in chilly Edmonton - nice and warm here in Vancouver ) :p :p
Aww thanks Blue, yeah just been busy, I could land at the border if I wanted to, just not close to one and my (canadian) family are all coming as well with me on the day and then we are going to celebrate with a dinner or lunch and maybe a drink or two :eek: lol x : ;D :p

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Congrats Mandy!! I'm super chilly today, was going to WEM but decided to stay snuggled up at home instead!!

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
Canooknic said:
Congrats Mandy!! I'm super chilly today, was going to WEM but decided to stay snuggled up at home instead!!
Yeah dont blame ya, I can see zellers entrance from where i live so not to far a walk lol, but too cold to bother today xx

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
I just wanted to thank everyone on here, the support and love that is freely given through a testing time, is very overwealming. I wanted to wish everyone health, wealth and happiniess in the coming new year.
We are truley blessed to have such a wonderful community of friends.
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words, thank you for singing to me and for helping make my world what it is today.
Happy 2012 everyone xxxx

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
MandyUK said:
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words, thank you for singing to me and for helping make my world what it is today.
Happy 2012 everyone xxxx
That's nice. Happy 2012 to you from my toasty home in Stony Plain ;D

Jianadaren

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mid-09-2010
AOR Received.
late-10-2010
File Transfer...
late-10-2010
Med's Done....
mid-08-2010
Passport Req..
mid-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
late-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-11-2011
Congratulations and Happy dragon New Year!! :)

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
123me said:
Aperature, this seems to be along time, are you married to your partner?
I know--it's worrying, though looking at the spreadsheet makes me feel a little better (there seem to be a lot of people in our position). We applied as common-law partners, though we're now engaged and planning to get married in March 2012!

We're leaving Canada towards the end of February and won't be back until after my partner's medical expires, so we're really, really, really hoping to get the PPR and then COPR at least a few days before we leave (so that we have time to flagpole--we live an hour or two from the border). It's starting to feel like this won't all happen in time. :(

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, it is good to see things on the spreadsheet, I am hoping it is updated soon.

BT1975

Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 18-10-2011/ Filed at CPC 02-11-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
December 20th I got an email from Mississauga with an attached letter confirming that my sponsorship was approved. Then I scrolled down and saw that they sent my husband's section to the Singapore office for processing instead of the London UK office! We selected in our application to have it processed in the office that deals with citizens of certain nationalities (Finnish citizens are processed in the UK) but they went ahead and sent it to Singapore anyway. The Singapore office has double the processing time. :( I'm really upset right now. Right after I got the mail I emailed the Singapore High Commission and explained that we chose London UK and that our medical results were also going to be sent to London UK. I've asked for them to please transfer our file. Haven't heard anything back from them yet.