+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Janham said:
:) :) App sent to Mississauga 19/9/11 received by CIC 26/9/11

As nothing had been heard since we e-mailed the CIC on 18/12/11 and got a reply next day 19/12/11:

Sponsor application approved ;D ;D
Can I ask what email address you emailed? Im looking on the CIC site but my blonde side is winning here and I cant figure it out....

thanks!

Hope everyone had a great xmas!

lillia123

Star Member
Dec 2, 2011
birmingham
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-11
AOR Received.
8-11-11
hi guys i just realised that when i logged into my ecas starting with the letter F, underneath my name there is a box it says "Your current mailing address" in that box it does not have my address where I live in London, but it has my husbands address where he lives in Canada, is it suppose to be like that or am i just panicking.

Maid_Marian

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
Hey all - Merry (belated) Christmas!

Just got back from a big family Christmas in Toronto and had a delivery notice - my passport and documents arrived while I was gone! Managed to get to the post office just before it closed and picked up the envelope - whoever told me that the COPR is a big piece of paper wasn't lying (so much bigger than I expected!)

Planning to drive down to the US border on Friday and officially 'land' - it'll be nice to wrap this process up before the new year!

Good luck to everyone still waiting and those who have already started their new lives in Canada. Immigration was never going to be fun, but these forums (and PinkLady especially) have been a brilliant support. Many thanks to you all!! xx

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone tell me the email address for the cic to check application status? I still cant find it lol....

Thanks!

British_Bulldog

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2011
AOR Received.
13/01/2012
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
23/03/2011
Med's Done....
16/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18/01/2012
LANDED..........
11/02/2012
Urgh, I'm getting so pee'd off with this waiting process now. We received sponsorship approval on Sept 22nd and have heard nothing since. When I log into eCAS the only thing updated is my address here in Canada. I don't know if London has received it, whether they're working on it, nothing! This is so frustrating. Is the fact that my address is on there a good sign, that someone has at least picked up our application? I need a glimmer of hope here people, Christmas is hard enough being apart and with the not knowing on top, it's almost unbearable. :'(

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
British_Bulldog said:
Urgh, I'm getting so pee'd off with this waiting process now. We received sponsorship approval on Sept 22nd and have heard nothing since. When I log into eCAS the only thing updated is my address here in Canada. I don't know if London has received it, whether they're working on it, nothing! This is so frustrating. Is the fact that my address is on there a good sign, that someone has at least picked up our application? I need a glimmer of hope here people, Christmas is hard enough being apart and with the not knowing on top, it's almost unbearable. :'(
Lol Im feeling the same way, we havent even heard about the sponsor bit yet....they received it 24th Oct so it should be soon we hear, but its driving me crazy every day not getting anything!! I cant access any info on the CIC website, (all I have is the receipt number) and its unrecognised still at the moment....

patience is a virtue Im definately lacking! hope you hear something soon :)

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
AnnaMcG said:
Lol Im feeling the same way, we havent even heard about the sponsor bit yet....they received it 24th Oct so it should be soon we hear, but its driving me crazy every day not getting anything!! I cant access any info on the CIC website, (all I have is the receipt number) and its unrecognised still at the moment....

patience is a virtue Im definately lacking! hope you hear something soon :)
Hi Anna,

Just to give you a glimmer of hope - I often check the 'British Expats' forum, and a couple who submitted their application on October 24th I believe, got their sponsor approval yesterday by email.

Hopefully this should make the wait that little bit easier knowing that it could come any day now :)

Also, with regards to logging on to eCAS, I also couldn't access it until two days ago when I signed up to 'eCAS Tracker' (if you google it, it's the first result). I typed in the various numbers I had and as far as I know it tries all manner of combinations to log you on. It also recognises common mistakes on CIC's part - I'd been attempting to log in for weeks using 'England' as my birth place, when they'd actually entered me in the system under 'United Kingdom and Colonies'. It tells you all of this on the website and let's you know which combination finally worked, and if it can't, it'll notify you by email when your case is activated on eCAS.

Don't know if any one else here has used it, but it worked for me!

Best of luck! :)

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Louise86 said:
Hi Anna,

Just to give you a glimmer of hope - I often check the 'British Expats' forum, and a couple who submitted their application on October 24th I believe, got their sponsor approval yesterday by email.

Hopefully this should make the wait that little bit easier knowing that it could come any day now :)

Also, with regards to logging on to eCAS, I also couldn't access it until two days ago when I signed up to 'eCAS Tracker' (if you google it, it's the first result). I typed in the various numbers I had and as far as I know it tries all manner of combinations to log you on. It also recognises common mistakes on CIC's part - I'd been attempting to log in for weeks using 'England' as my birth place, when they'd actually entered me in the system under 'United Kingdom and Colonies'. It tells you all of this on the website and let's you know which combination finally worked, and if it can't, it'll notify you by email when your case is activated on eCAS.

Don't know if any one else here has used it, but it worked for me!

Best of luck! :)
Hi Louise86!

Wow thanks for that, I put the info into the ecas tracker but nothing as yet, I also tried England instead of United Kingdom but nope....lol oh well, its nice to know there is that site available to help!

What is the link to the forum of british expats? Id be up for having a read of it! Thats awesome someone has heard at least, keeping my fingers crossed it wont be too long now! thanks for your help :)

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
congratulations maid-marion!!! :)
let us know how the landing goes?

british bulldog! what's going on? i thought myself and chrischris were the last ones standing...
if you look back through this thread you'll see that pinklady gives an e-mail contact that london seems to respond to, sorry don't know it off hand.
i e-mailed them and feel that got my case moving along with the fact i got my local canadian mp involved...london answered their queries straight away and got the ball rolling...
got ppr on 13th dec and am just awaiting my visas
good luck!!

Schintz

Nov 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2011
AOR Received.
02-09-2011
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-12
Louise86 said:
Also, with regards to logging on to eCAS, I also couldn't access it until two days ago when I signed up to 'eCAS Tracker' (if you google it, it's the first result). I typed in the various numbers I had and as far as I know it tries all manner of combinations to log you on. It also recognises common mistakes on CIC's part
Thank you for sharing this! I just signed up to the eCAS Tracker service (very generously provided by Matthew Carroll) and FINALLY got somewhere with eCAS! The details that found results were my husband's surname (whom I am sponsoring), the 'Immigration File Number / Application Number' that was on the letter I received confirming sponsorship approval, and England as the country of birth (we'd been trying United Kingdom & Colonies).

Unfortunately the 'Permanent Residence Application Status' is still just chillin' at the 'Application Received' stage (2nd Sept), but it saves us trying 34 different combinations when trying to login!

dishy_max

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Passport Req..
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
17-07-2011
Hey, not sure if anybody can help me or not but thought this was the most appropriate place to post with all the Brits. ;)

My hubby and I got approval earlier in the year and he officially landed in August (yay!). We just got married and I let my UK passport expire as it seemed silly to renew it and then order a new one with my new married name.

Now I want to renew my passport but I cannot for the life of me find the appropriate form to fill out. It seems that there's forms for renewal and forms for name change but not a renewal AND name change.

Rather annoyingly there is no consulate in Canada and everything is done out of Washington which is difficult as it's $3/minute to call for any questions and wait times are in excess of 45 minutes (which is $135!!). So...right after Christmas, with rather tight pockets, I don't want/need to be spending tons of cash trying to get a simple question answered.

Can anybody let me know if they've had the same problem and which form to use? I need to get my passport renewed so I can go over to the UK to visit family.

Any help would, as always, be much appreciated.

Bluesteam

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Langley
Visa Office......
Berlin
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dishy_max said:
Hey, not sure if anybody can help me or not but thought this was the most appropriate place to post with all the Brits. ;)

My hubby and I got approval earlier in the year and he officially landed in August (yay!). We just got married and I let my UK passport expire as it seemed silly to renew it and then order a new one with my new married name.

Now I want to renew my passport but I cannot for the life of me find the appropriate form to fill out. It seems that there's forms for renewal and forms for name change but not a renewal AND name change.

Rather annoyingly there is no consulate in Canada and everything is done out of Washington which is difficult as it's $3/minute to call for any questions and wait times are in excess of 45 minutes (which is $135!!). So...right after Christmas, with rather tight pockets, I don't want/need to be spending tons of cash trying to get a simple question answered.

Can anybody let me know if they've had the same problem and which form to use? I need to get my passport renewed so I can go over to the UK to visit family.

Any help would, as always, be much appreciated.
Hi Dishy_Max

this link may help you http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/what-passport/renewing-passport/steps-to-renew#documents
It states in the "Adult Form C1" http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/pdf/central-content-pdfs/form-c1.pdf Type of Service required; click following boxes b & c , further down, Applicant 1a. it asks you if you have changed your name by marriage etc ..
Hope that helps

Bluesteam

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Payment of residence fee

PLEASE HELP!

Just got an email through from the CIC (great news) requesting payment of the Permenent Residency. Going to do that now online and get the reciept.

However, they have also asked for an original copy of my Police Certificate from Japan ( I lived there for 2 years).

This was in the application I sent. It was in a sealed envelope from Japan and I was advised NOT to open it or it was invalid. Therefore I could not take a copy of it.

Can I reply to the email address advising of this? I am terrified because I will not be able to get another certificate of this within the 60 days.

Please help!

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Payment of residence fee

trickydicky16 said:
PLEASE HELP!

Just got an email through from the CIC (great news) requesting payment of the Permenent Residency. Going to do that now online and get the reciept.

However, they have also asked for an original copy of my Police Certificate from Japan ( I lived there for 2 years).

This was in the application I sent. It was in a sealed envelope from Japan and I was advised NOT to open it or it was invalid. Therefore I could not take a copy of it.

Can I reply to the email address advising of this? I am terrified because I will not be able to get another certificate of this within the 60 days.

Please help!
I had almost the same situation, it wasnt possible for me to provide them with the requested documents in given 60 days, I emailed them mentioning the process of getting those documents and they granted me another 60 days!
e-mail them and explain the situation and if you dont hear from them soon, involve your MP

here is the e-mail address : re-london-​im-enquiry@​internation​al.gc.ca

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im still after the CIC email address - anyone know it? surely someone must have emailed them! I just want to ask them if the application was received....

thanks all! :)