+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

shykitten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Orillia, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
Nomination.....
11-02-2011 SPONSORSHIP APPROVED
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
nazam80 said:
Hi
My case was sent to London office on 26th nov 2010 n I m still waiting for any reply. It's been more thn 5 months since the file was transferred. I m also very depressed but ve hope tht soon some of us will hear good news n will join our spouses in Canada. Immigration officer dnt know the situation in which we r passing our lives. They said to me one n half month ago tht my case is on final stages n it's going through security clearance. Why it's taking tht long no idea.

Hope comming week brings happiness for everyone on this forum

Naz
Has your ECAS shown that a decision has been made or does it show something else?

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Hello all,

My wife just received information from London asking for us to pay the right to permanent residency fee which we just did a few days ago. They said they couldn't make a decision without out.

A few questions. Has anyone paid after like us and if so how long was the delay. Also, would they request the payment and then deny residency or should we assume this means they will request the passpot next????

Thanks in advance for your response

LnL

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
shykitten said:
Has your ECAS shown that a decision has been made or does it show something else?
No it says "in progress" I m not yet lucky.
Hope tht it changes this week.

NAZ

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
lnl said:
Hello all,

My wife just received information from London asking for us to pay the right to permanent residency fee which we just did a few days ago. They said they couldn't make a decision without out.

A few questions. Has anyone paid after like us and if so how long was the delay. Also, would they request the payment and then deny residency or should we assume this means they will request the passpot next????

Thanks in advance for your response

LnL
Hi lnl
Normally if u pay fee with sponsor application it's better otherwise it slows down the process couple of months. Anyway u never know it might work in ur case. Hope for the best n gud luck.

Naz

nicolapeeling

Jan 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
16-05-2011
File Transfer...
12-05-2011
Med's Done....
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
12-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
31-10-2011
Hi guys,

My application to sponsor my husband is currently in canada, but will hopefully be going off to London soon!! but guys whats Ecas?????? i see that loads of people have said about their Ecas status but i dont know what this is???? Please help me??

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/

That's the link for E-Cas :)

It allows you to view the status of your immigration application online 24/7.

Although as many people will tell you, it's not very up to date, it all depends when/if the immigration officers update it.

nicolapeeling

Jan 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
16-05-2011
File Transfer...
12-05-2011
Med's Done....
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
12-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
31-10-2011
Ok, Ive tried to use that before but it always says that they cant identify me with the info ive given, i was wondering if they just havent started looking at it yet?!

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
Heres a question for all of you.
The 8 photos that need to be sent, what did you send? Passport photos or did you go to a place and have photos done? How much did they cost you?
My local photo shop is going to charge me £40 for 8 photos when i can get 12 passport photos for £10.
Im very confussed and want the application to be proccessed as quick as poss so i have to make sure that the right things are sent so you will be getting a lot of questions from me over the next couple of weeks lol.
Thank you :)

Dec 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2011
LANDED..........
17-06-2011
essex0227 said:
Heres a question for all of you.
The 8 photos that need to be sent, what did you send? Passport photos or did you go to a place and have photos done? How much did they cost you?
My local photo shop is going to charge me £40 for 8 photos when i can get 12 passport photos for £10.
Im very confussed and want the application to be proccessed as quick as poss so i have to make sure that the right things are sent so you will be getting a lot of questions from me over the next couple of weeks lol.
Thank you :)
I used the specs on page 3 of this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33023.PDF

I think UK passport photos are smaller than these ones and the distance between chin and crown is important for Canadian immigration photos, not so much with UK ones as far as I know.

I paid 15 quid for 6 photos from a local photographic studio in Surrey. I think you need 8 for the application, so I ended up getting 12 for 30 quid.

Good luck with your application

Dec 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2011
LANDED..........
17-06-2011
nicolapeeling said:
Ok, Ive tried to use that before but it always says that they cant identify me with the info ive given, i was wondering if they just havent started looking at it yet?!
Yep, that'll be why you can't get in yet. Once you get your sponsorship approval letter, you will have your sponsor's CIC client ID that you can use to check e-cas.

grusich.309

May 3, 2011
Hi I am just wondering if anyone could offer help/advice

Heres the story:
My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year now. I am a Canadian Citizen but have been working in the UK for the past 2 years under the youth mobility visa. My boyfriend was born in the UK. We have been looking into different visas but he is either too old or does not qualify under the skilled worker as he is a teacher. In October we will have officially lived together for a year. Unfortunately, we do not have any joint accounts but on my bank statements I have been transferring money to my boyfriends account to pay for rent on our flat. Both of our names are under the council tax. We were in Canada last summer on a holiday so he could meet my family and friends.

In October(this year obviously) we will be applying for the common law visa as this is the only thing we can do to get him into Canada or get married!! He has tried to apply to jobs overseas to get work offers but as a teacher it is very difficult to get jobs in that field in Canada at the moment. After reading articles it says that UK outland should take around 8 months processing.

Now, my visa expires this August but I am going to apply for a passport within the next couple weeks which I will receive as my mother was born in the UK.(why I didn't do this in the first place I dont know!)

Obviously with the UK passport I can stay with my boyfriend until the application is processed. I just want to know others timelines and advice on whether I should stay in the UK or go back to Canada where I can find work, get my licence ect?

Also when we officially FINGERS CROSSED get his visa we will stay with my parents who are both employed. Until we are both working and able to own our own place.

I know I have probably missed bits out but I just would really appreciate advice from others who have allready gone through the process.

Thanks Very Much!!! :)

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
grusich.309 said:
Hi I am just wondering if anyone could offer help/advice

Heres the story:
My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year now. I am a Canadian Citizen but have been working in the UK for the past 2 years under the youth mobility visa. My boyfriend was born in the UK. We have been looking into different visas but he is either too old or does not qualify under the skilled worker as he is a teacher. In October we will have officially lived together for a year. Unfortunately, we do not have any joint accounts but on my bank statements I have been transferring money to my boyfriends account to pay for rent on our flat. Both of our names are under the council tax. We were in Canada last summer on a holiday so he could meet my family and friends.

In October(this year obviously) we will be applying for the common law visa as this is the only thing we can do to get him into Canada or get married!! He has tried to apply to jobs overseas to get work offers but as a teacher it is very difficult to get jobs in that field in Canada at the moment. After reading articles it says that UK outland should take around 8 months processing.

Now, my visa expires this August but I am going to apply for a passport within the next couple weeks which I will receive as my mother was born in the UK.(why I didn't do this in the first place I dont know!)

Obviously with the UK passport I can stay with my boyfriend until the application is processed. I just want to know others timelines and advice on whether I should stay in the UK or go back to Canada where I can find work, get my licence ect?

Also when we officially FINGERS CROSSED get his visa we will stay with my parents who are both employed. Until we are both working and able to own our own place.

I know I have probably missed bits out but I just would really appreciate advice from others who have allready gone through the process.

Thanks Very Much!!! :)
Hi grusich.309,

First of all i think its good idea for you two to open a joint bank account of tranfer a bill on your joint name. Ask your husband to get registered as a teacher in Canada. If you are thinking to live in BC then the teaching needs to be registered with BCCT (British Columbia College of Teachers). Then he can try for jobs. I am also teacher and now a days looking for jobs and they are plenty of them specially if he has certain subjects as maths or Science.

You can apply and try to submit as many evidence as you can to prove your relationship. Its better for you to apply from UK as that will be processed quicker than the in country.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Naz

grusich.309

May 3, 2011
nazam80 said:
Hi grusich.309,

First of all i think its good idea for you two to open a joint bank account of tranfer a bill on your joint name. Ask your husband to get registered as a teacher in Canada. If you are thinking to live in BC then the teaching needs to be registered with BCCT (British Columbia College of Teachers). Then he can try for jobs. I am also teacher and now a days looking for jobs and they are plenty of them specially if he has certain subjects as maths or Science.

You can apply and try to submit as many evidence as you can to prove your relationship. Its better for you to apply from UK as that will be processed quicker than the in country.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Naz
Thanks Naz

We are actually going to be moving to Ontario. Will I be able to send off print outs of my statements where it shows that I have transfered money into my boyfriends account? If we open a joint account today it wouldnt be a full year does that matter? Or only that we need to be living in the same place for the year?

The only thing about applying for The Ontario Teaching Certificate is that we dont want to spend a ridiculous ammount as in (checking his credentials, exam and so on) and then his visa be rejected. Is this better to do when we get to Canada?

Thanks very much again :)

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi grusich

I think opening a joint account would not harm it at all. Other thing is to prove ur relationship include ur mobile bill and highlight all call that u made to his number, also include any picture that u took together while in Uk or in Canada visit. That will be the biggest proof.

Regarding teaching certification, it takes couple of months to get registered as far as I know from bc so u can initiate the process and mention this in ur application which will be helpful.

Hope thts ok

Naz

AKGAZ

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
USA
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Doc's Request.
05-04-2011
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
grusich.309 said:
Thanks Naz

We are actually going to be moving to Ontario. Will I be able to send off print outs of my statements where it shows that I have transfered money into my boyfriends account? If we open a joint account today it wouldnt be a full year does that matter? Or only that we need to be living in the same place for the year?

The only thing about applying for The Ontario Teaching Certificate is that we dont want to spend a ridiculous ammount as in (checking his credentials, exam and so on) and then his visa be rejected. Is this better to do when we get to Canada?

Thanks very much again :)
Hi

My advice is that there is no such thing as a Canadian PR "lite" application. The authorities wave through the no brainers - (like married 10 years with eight children!) but focus most on those just over twelve months (obviously a scammer is most likely to just have the minimum|) and those lacking hard evidence AND ongoing / future commitment to each other and/or Canada - the last applies to the sponsor too.

So anything you can do to show that you are committed to each other and intend to live in Canada - whatever the cost, would be in your interests.

As you can read on these blogs, 99% of people are desperate to live (with their partners) in Canada.

Hope this helps a little.