+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

moonchild67

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-11-2012
Seems to be totally random. Sniprat was less than 2 weeks. I'm sitting at 6 weeks and some people (David Marsden and Moonchild) have been even longer for no apparent reason.

https://twitter.com/calxandr is the new CIC minister as of today so I was swift in sending him a tweet asking that he quickly gets a grip on the situation and comes up with a plan to make processing quicker.

Been in process since April 25th. Had a request at that time to resubmit the Schedule A Background/ Declaration , which was originally submitted with application. It was promptly returned to them. Since then I emailed the London office 3 times requesting acknowledgement of receipt . Not one reply back. Frustrating to say the very least .

Yes there is a new CIC Minister and I hope all join Orly in sending him a "Congratulatory" email. Chris.Alexander @ parl.gc.ca Seeing he served 18 years with the Canadian Foreign Services, I am sure he will have some sympathies......cough..

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
hey people update :you are the only peeps I turn to regarding this process as i can only share my frustration with you guys advise from anyone what should i do :received an email today i was told that they never received information they asked though i posted everything and hae tracking number and a name who picked it up,cic london sent me an email today saying they have not received the New schedule background declaration, i sent it on on 4/6/2013 to the address they had on the email and how frustrating i didnt email i thought with the signature they received it and was giving them time to work not harass them to my surprise they say they did not receive it it sucks and now the original police check if its lost it will take more time for me to get one ,Is that how professional people from cic work what an example to follow,now i realise they don't give a damn shit of how you are feeling and leaving without your loved one .wish they could spend a year without living with their wife ,boyfriend and girlfriend or husband may be they could understand the feeling ,im so frustated anyone any advice how i should proceed my mind has stopped working now

roger85

Jun 29, 2013
Londongurl, I also sent documents in early June (tracked and signed for) which they claim not to have recieved. Like you, I thought I was giving them time to process things without harassing them, but when I did email to ask about progress, they told me (eventually) that they were still waiting for those documents. I've now had to resend them and hoping this time they don't go missing. Very, very frustrating.

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
no way what address did you send it to how these people are working oh i guess they have piles of information they are making the effort to look for them can voluntary do that if they need volunteer canada what a system claiming to be a developed country im so frustrated and people out there i dont want to offence anyone waiting patiently since october 2012 ,i cannot take it anymore

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
anyone in here can you let me know which address you are sending additional information to london visa office .urgent please as ill resend them back as they are stating they never received additional information just want to have confirmation that im sending to correct address

Lat Lat

Jan 27, 2012
My status shows in process from 29 May 2013 and I have been asked to provide fresh police clearance certificate for UK and Malawi.

These were sent to CIC on Saturday . Does that mean that this could be the end of the road ,or Do CIC ask for further documents ?

How long could it take from now ?

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
Congratulations to all on the recent "in processes"! It seems to me that some people go in process while the background checks are still ongoing, and that's why it takes so long, while others only go in process after the checks are done. Just my impression.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I also was asked for additional docs on the 3rd June. What's the odds that mine (also tracked and signed for) have also "not arrived". How are people contacting London for confirmation?

The email I received said to send them to :-

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

(I used the English version)

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
what address you people are sending to london i sent mine on
Immigration and Medical Services Division
High Commission of Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London
W1K 4AA
United Kingdom
Anyone any idea please respond if its the corect one and if you are sending on the is address if we are all sendind on the adrress thats means someone is not doing his job

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
For those of you with twitter, a heated argument is taking place on Twitter between the president of PAFSO Tim Edwards @PAFSOAPASE and the President of the Treasuy board @TonyclementCPC

Not looking like a friendly end to the strike is near...

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
I just hit reply to the e-mail. And yes, I received a request for history back to 18 despite including it originally !!!! :-[

EDIT: And submitted a CSE

zardoz said:
I also was asked for additional docs on the 3rd June. What's the odds that mine (also tracked and signed for) have also "not arrived". How are people contacting London for confirmation?

The email I received said to send them to :-

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

(I used the English version)

erinmcc174

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
File Transfer...
27/03/2013
Hi guys, I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I've commented on this a while back and I found everyone really helpful. Basically my situation is that I have a common -law visa application which is already in stage 2, been that way since March. I'm currently on my second IEC visa and it expires in September, and judging by the strike situation in London I doubt I'll get my visa by then, considering its not even "in process" on the site. Where it gets tricky is I have a really good job which I don't want to lose so I explained the situation to my employer and they have kindly agreed to nominate me for the PNP program, this way if I get approved for that I can apply for a work permit, which will then allow me to work until I get me PR.
I called up and spoke to someone at the CIC and they said its fine to do that. I'm assuming that i will only need this for a few months at most and hopefully get my visa through soon after as its been with them since March.

Here is where it gets complicated, so I'm still waiting on the PNP nomination to come through and now its looking like I might not even get that before my visa runs out on September 1st! I am also due to fly out to london this week for work for 2 weeks and return on 5th August. My main concern is that when I try and re-enter I will have problems as I will only have 28 days left on my current work visa. I called up CIC today to ask for advice on what I should do and the guy I spoke with was totally useless!! he couldn’t really give me any advice at all!! My question is, do I need to apply for a tourist visa or a temporary resident visa before I leave as I understand you need to do this at least 30 days prior to your current visa expiring? Or will I be ok to get back in? Will they be be able to tell that I have an application in progress and does this complicate things?

I just really want to make sure I do everything correctly so I will be allowed back in and not mess up my application!

Sorry for such along post! Any input is much appreciated! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
londongurl said:
what address you people are sending to london i sent mine on
Immigration and Medical Services Division
High Commission of Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London
W1K 4AA
United Kingdom
Anyone any idea please respond if its the corect one and if you are sending on the is address if we are all sendind on the adrress thats means someone is not doing his job
It's the correct address. Also - if you still have the tracking number, try and answer to their email with the tracking number or the information about your package, to show that it has been received and signed for, maybe it will help them find it.

erinmcc174 said:
Hi guys, I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I've commented on this a while back and I found everyone really helpful. Basically my situation is that I have a common -law visa application which is already in stage 2, been that way since March. I'm currently on my second IEC visa and it expires in September, and judging by the strike situation in London I doubt I'll get my visa by then, considering its not even "in process" on the site. Where it gets tricky is I have a really good job which I don't want to lose so I explained the situation to my employer and they have kindly agreed to nominate me for the PNP program, this way if I get approved for that I can apply for a work permit, which will then allow me to work until I get me PR.
I called up and spoke to someone at the CIC and they said its fine to do that. I'm assuming that i will only need this for a few months at most and hopefully get my visa through soon after as its been with them since March.

Here is where it gets complicated, so I'm still waiting on the PNP nomination to come through and now its looking like I might not even get that before my visa runs out on September 1st! I am also due to fly out to london this week for work for 2 weeks and return on 5th August. My main concern is that when I try and re-enter I will have problems as I will only have 28 days left on my current work visa. I called up CIC today to ask for advice on what I should do and the guy I spoke with was totally useless!! he couldn't really give me any advice at all!! My question is, do I need to apply for a tourist visa or a temporary resident visa before I leave as I understand you need to do this at least 30 days prior to your current visa expiring? Or will I be ok to get back in? Will they be be able to tell that I have an application in progress and does this complicate things?

I just really want to make sure I do everything correctly so I will be allowed back in and not mess up my application!

Sorry for such along post! Any input is much appreciated! :)
It should be fine. Your visa is still valid, and provided that it is not a single entry visa, then there shouldn't not be any issue at the border. If you're from a visa-exempt country ( which I assume you are, as you have an IEC and flying to London), you can always get into Canada on your UK passport as a tourist ( which means that you would not be able to work, but that's a different story). I don't think there is a need for you to apply for another visa. The 30 days rule is to apply for an extension when you're already in Canada on a visitor visa, I don't think it applies in your case ( but I could be wrong).

In the (not very likely) event that you're not let back into the country, it shouldn't affect your situation, as long as you have an outland application - outland applicants can be anywhere in the world and it doesn't affect their application.

If you have an inland application - then you should stay in Canada. Leaving the country and trying to get back in might be completely fine, but if you're denied entry, then your application will be deemed abandoned and you will have to start all over again.
Sweden
Lat Lat said:
My status shows in process from 29 May 2013 and I have been asked to provide fresh police clearance certificate for UK and Malawi.

These were sent to CIC on Saturday . Does that mean that this could be the end of the road ,or Do CIC ask for further documents ?

How long could it take from now ?
Unfortunately there is no way to answer that. CIC can always ask for further documents. Things seem to be pretty slow at the moment in London, so it can take another 2 weeks... or another 2 months, and there is no way to know, as it really depends on each case. Some people are "in process" for 2 weeks, some for over 4 months...
Good luck,
Sweden

Hope39

Jul 16, 2013
Hi londongirl, Advice me on what to do, have been interviewed on 10 of June 2013 , no reply from cic in London yet. But my medical expire on July 18. What am I gonna do as they are on strike. :(