+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
MDU said:
yeah its a little more stressful now than I had expected. I dont intend on going to Canada til April anyway but I really just want to know its ready.

whats the usual waiting time for Buffalo?

It seems to vary alot of people get approved anywhere to 3 to 6 months. Some take a little longer. I'm a worrier so that doesn't help any.

whitehorsejk

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 1st, 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13th, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 6th, 2011
Passport Req..
March 1st, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 26th, 2011
LANDED..........
Fall of 2011
Nice spread sheet pinklady. It is interesting to see the time lines...and it is amazing to see how different the times can be! Looks like the London visa office was processing applications pretty quickly after the summer. I wonder why it slowed down? How I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the visa office :)

helkat

Jun 10, 2008
Hi everyone: Not sure if I am posting on the correct thread, but I just heard my husband and I were approved to sponsor my parents and brother in the UK to come to Canada. The application has been in processing for 4 years so we are excited! :D Just wondering how long the application will be now for them to get permanent residence to Canada? The Canadian website says 24 months, but the UK website in London says 6 months... this is a HUGE time difference.. just wondering what everyone else's experience has been?

demjin

Feb 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2011
Hi everyone,

my husband and I are currently doing the paperwork for my application, and our goal is to send it off next week! I thought the waiting times at the London office were a lot longer, but when I browse through this thread it does not seem all that bad! It is nice to know that others are in the same situation, and I look forward to hear how it works out for you all! Good luck!!

shykitten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Orillia, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
Nomination.....
11-02-2011 SPONSORSHIP APPROVED
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Just received an update from E-CAS ...We received "shykitten's husbands" application for permanent residence on February 17, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Way to go London for getting things moving so fast ... :D :D :D

samba18

Feb 24, 2011
MDU said:
great spreadsheet pinklady.

nice to see so many people have had their PPRs !
if i was a month behind id be very positive about mine arriving soon but now that I see mine and Millu's being the last ones im trying to think of what it is that is delaying mine!

i knw all apps are different etc but jeese, c'mon London.,,.,. sort it out!

ps.. mine has been 'in process' since Jan 21st with medicals received.
Hey,

I have been peaking on this forum for a while, but just thought I would join as we have pretty much exactly the same timeline and I'm still checking each day like a crazy person waiting for that 'In Process' status to change!

Sponsorship decision made: 8th November

London received my Application: 18th November

Been 'In Process': 21st January

Anyway, just thought I would join up to let you know, that your not on your own!!

Perhaps we've got the same person processing our application and they will find chance to put down their Tim Horton's Double Double and send us some good news soon!

MDU

Dec 5, 2010
Oh good - someone with the EXACT same 'in process' time as me.. :)

il eagerly watch for your name on this forum from now on.

Oh and re tim hortons... its 'Roll up the Rim' month . Maybe he/she won a holiday! arg!

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi,

I have applied for the Permanent residence under family class and currently my case is under process in LONDON UK. My case processing started on 26 Nov 2010 and i am still waiting. My question is, whether they will ask for Police clearance again or not? i did attached my clearance when we sumbitted our case.

Secondly, if i am applying for the student visa for canada, can i ask LONDON HC to tranfer my case to Canada as i will be in canada?

I will appreciate for your reply.

Naz

d-tilley592

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
22-03-2011
nazam80 said:
Hi,

I have applied for the Permanent residence under family class and currently my case is under process in LONDON UK. My case processing started on 26 Nov 2010 and i am still waiting. My question is, whether they will ask for Police clearance again or not? i did attached my clearance when we sumbitted our case.

Secondly, if i am applying for the student visa for canada, can i ask LONDON HC to tranfer my case to Canada as i will be in canada?

I will appreciate for your reply.

Naz
Hi Naz,

Without being an expert on the subject I would not suggest transferring your file to Canada, I don't think you would even be able to do this and if you did your file would go to the bottom of a very big pile, in fact I would guess you would have to refile your application as there are different processes for in and out of Canada processing. I did my PR through London from Canada whilst I was here on a work visa, and I had no issue. Others have more technical knowledge on this subject, but if your case started processing on November 26th it can't be long before you get your visa.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hey Everyone,

I have just received the most unbelievable news! I got my PPR via email today!!!!!
I am shaking, am so happy, can't concentrate on the letter as i'm trying to read it!
I wasnt expecting to hear anything for at least another month!

WOW!!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Hey Everyone,

I have just received the most unbelievable news! I got my PPR via email today!!!!!
I am shaking, am so happy, can't concentrate on the letter as i'm trying to read it!
I wasnt expecting to hear anything for at least another month!

WOW!!
Congratulations.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Yay for you!! When/where are you landing?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Don't know when exactly, as soon as I can. I'm in toronto right now so I guess I will do the old flagpole at niagara when the time comes.
Nervous, excited, feel abit all over the place right now.
I am just so shocked.

And thanks for the congratulations! At least it shows london is doing stuff!

whitehorsejk

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 1st, 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13th, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 6th, 2011
Passport Req..
March 1st, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 26th, 2011
LANDED..........
Fall of 2011
London is a busy office today...my husband just recieved an email as well requesting his passport!

Congratulations pinklady (I know I already said it on the December board...but it is just so exciting)!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
whitehorsejk said:
London is a busy office today...my husband just recieved an email as well requesting his passport!

Congratulations pinklady (I know I already said it on the December board...but it is just so exciting)!
Oh WOW, congratulations to you and your husband too.
What an amazing day!!