+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Tweety35 said:
if i was honest, im begining to give up, i dont get what is taking my case so long.... ;(
Hey Tweety35 - don't give up just now, the answer might be around the corner for you! 80% of applications through London get completed in 7 months, so you are still well within the timeline, and London is a very busy VO - it also caters for Scandinavia, and lots of other countries, not just UK residents, so it explains... and if we look at other VO, we are quite "lucky" - some average processing time is up to 15 to 18 months...

you've done most of the process already, have been approved as a sponsor, and your file is probably in the final stages...
Good luck with the waiting!
Sweden

prairiechicken

Jun 6, 2012
Hi all!

I've been pointed towards this thread by a very helpful forum member :)

I am in the very early stages of considering a move to Canada with my hubby and son. We currently live in Scotland. I am a Canadian citizen (by birth), husband is British, and we are about to apply for a Citizenship certificate for our son.

Like I say we haven't made a decision yet, but I am starting to gather as much info as possible to work out how to make the process as smooth as possible if we decide to go ahead. I have a tendency to get fixated on details so I kind of like to have as much info as possible at my fingertips!

One of the things that really bothers me is the idea of having to separate the family at all. I don't want to have to move out to Canada first without my husband if we can avoid it. Has anyone been through the entire process from the UK and then moved over only once everything has been approved? If so what are the practicalities? Does that make it easier or harder? How long do you have to move over once your application is approved?

Also if we wanted to wait until it was all approved before actually making the move, how would we prove our intention to move to Canada?

I have read some of the experiences that people have had with spousal sponsorship and providing proof that the relationship is genuine etc. We have been married for nearly 8 years and have been together for 17 years so I am sure that shouldn't be a problem! But where you have already been married for this long do they still look for the same sort of evidence?

Thanks in advance all. And good luck with all your applications :)

canucks78

May 29, 2012
Hi scooper81, when i click on mine its just says recieved and the date, i sent my medical with the application so i dont know if thats why it doesnt say anything, When did u send your medical?

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
prairiechicken said:
Hi all!

I've been pointed towards this thread by a very helpful forum member :)

I am in the very early stages of considering a move to Canada with my hubby and son. We currently live in Scotland. I am a Canadian citizen (by birth), husband is British, and we are about to apply for a Citizenship certificate for our son.

Like I say we haven't made a decision yet, but I am starting to gather as much info as possible to work out how to make the process as smooth as possible if we decide to go ahead. I have a tendency to get fixated on details so I kind of like to have as much info as possible at my fingertips!

One of the things that really bothers me is the idea of having to separate the family at all. I don't want to have to move out to Canada first without my husband if we can avoid it. Has anyone been through the entire process from the UK and then moved over only once everything has been approved? If so what are the practicalities? Does that make it easier or harder? How long do you have to move over once your application is approved?

Also if we wanted to wait until it was all approved before actually making the move, how would we prove our intention to move to Canada?

I have read some of the experiences that people have had with spousal sponsorship and providing proof that the relationship is genuine etc. We have been married for nearly 8 years and have been together for 17 years so I am sure that shouldn't be a problem! But where you have already been married for this long do they still look for the same sort of evidence?

Thanks in advance all. And good luck with all your applications :)
Hi and welcoome to this forum, you can sponsor him while living in Scotland since you are a Canadian citizen (permanent resident PR cannot do that) but you need to show them an evidence that you are going to relocate when ur husband gets approved as PR. this can be done by showing a lease, job offer, or anything like that. I hope this makes sense

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
canucks78 said:
Hi scooper81, when i click on mine its just says recieved and the date, i sent my medical with the application so i dont know if thats why it doesnt say anything, When did u send your medical?
We sent our medicals (copies of receipts) with our application and the medicals went straight to the London office back in February. We know I have been approved as a sponsor but don't know anything more than our application has been forwarded to London. I am desperate to hear something from them before my baby comes as I don't want to have to make changes to our application if possible.

canucks78

May 29, 2012
Sounds similar to ours just wondering why yours in saying medicals reciveied and mine doesnt but probably just reading too much into it! Im hoping to hear in next couple of weeks and hope you have good news too soon!

Tweety35

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
File Transfer...
jan 2012
Med's Done....
19th april
Passport Req..
12th august
VISA ISSUED...
26th august
LANDED..........
Sweden said:
Hey Tweety35 - don't give up just now, the answer might be around the corner for you! 80% of applications through London get completed in 7 months, so you are still well within the timeline, and London is a very busy VO - it also caters for Scandinavia, and lots of other countries, not just UK residents, so it explains... and if we look at other VO, we are quite "lucky" - some average processing time is up to 15 to 18 months...

you've done most of the process already, have been approved as a sponsor, and your file is probably in the final stages...
Good luck with the waiting!
Sweden
hey sweden

thnks you are right, inside im currently unhappy, but i do have an idea that the VO in London is quite busy because where i got the medical done from the recpetion lady was telling me that they are short staffed but alot of cases so explains your answer about the VO being busy.

The time frame your right, plus the olympics so people are applying for visas to visit uk etc ....

thankyou again sweden just hope and pray that things work out. :)

Jan 3, 2011
Southampton, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-05-2012
File Transfer...
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27-07-2012
prairiechicken said:
One of the things that really bothers me is the idea of having to separate the family at all. I don't want to have to move out to Canada first without my husband if we can avoid it.

We have been married for nearly 8 years and have been together for 17 years so I am sure that shouldn't be a problem! But where you have already been married for this long do they still look for the same sort of evidence?
Hi there! Glad to see we are not alone. I have had the same worries and frustrations being Canadian born, and with my spouse for 17 years, married for nearly 11 and having to jump through all the hoops. And of course trying to remember all the info of the years and find the documents. I really did not want to send them 6 years of letters and photos as well as all the emails and we certainly did not have all the phone logs etc. We did our best put as much together as we could. We have produced a lot of letters of reference from both sides of the pond. I think luckily everyone has always known we intended to live and wanted to be in Canada. We have only ended up here this long due to circumstance and bad luck.

Frustratingly that the same application and information required applies to everyone but I do understand it would be even more difficult to have whole different sets of info for all sorts of relationships.

Dom and I have done everything while being here and are hopefully going to get the COPR before the sale of our house completes and will move, together at the end of summer.

Hope this relaxes you a little. No need to be apart I think. Once you get the COPR you have a year to make the move.

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Does anybody know who is running this spread sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al3yxw76uwt9dFBuYUtTeUthdV94OXVhb3pvRF9ZQmc#gid=0

or any other upto date ones?

If anybody can would you please add us to the spread sheet.
We sent our application on 19th March 2012 and it arrived with CIC on 21st March 2012. We are still waiting for sponso approval, any day now I hope. Fingers crossed. Our visa office is London.

Than you

omee

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Please advice

I sent updated form to LVO according to their instructions after my child birth , with updated figure of settlemnt funds . LVO does not requied updated POF with updated forms requirement . Now the amount of settlement funds mentioned in updated forms is higher than the amount i mentioned in my bank statement sent with initial set of documents in July 2011.

What should i do , should i send updated bank statement to LVO or wait for their response ?

regards

canucks78

May 29, 2012
Hi,

I`am i rite CanadianCanuck that they recieved your application on 21st feb? Thats same date as me and wondering if your says they have recieved your medical on CAS? Im just wondering as mine doesnt and sent it with the application, maybe this is down to not processing it yet?

Any help would be good thanx!

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Hi everyone, hope you all are well. Our application has been update that they have recieved our medical as well, but I have not been approved as a sponsor yet.....I'm off to Canada this Wednesday as I have accepted a job back in Calgary, but my wife and kids are staying here only cause her P/R has not been approved yet.

What I'm wondering is: My wife's company is willing to have her work from Canada, but I'm not sure how this would affect the whole process as it's an Outland application (and she'd be in Canada on a "visiting"). She wouldn't be coming to Canada for another 1 1/2 months as she has some other things to wrap up before she could come, but the time delay (1 1/2 months) plus the 6 months visit allowance would cover the processing of the P/R, I'd hope.

I assume that she could send her passport to London from Canada once they request it. So I can't see any issues with her moving, but just thought I'd ask the experts here for their views / opinions.....

thanking you in advance....

Jan 3, 2011
Southampton, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-05-2012
File Transfer...
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27-07-2012
canucks78 said:
I`am i rite CanadianCanuck that they recieved your application on 21st feb? Thats same date as me and wondering if your says they have recieved your medical on CAS? Im just wondering as mine doesnt and sent it with the application, maybe this is down to not processing it yet?
Yes, our CAS status indicates that the medical has been received. I know the GP who did ours sent it up to London when Dom had the appointment and it was done just south of London, so maybe as it arrived several months before Mississauga acknoledged recipt of application that the moment it got shipped back to London it was marked as recieved. That or dependant on who opens and records info... it all does seem so random!

canucks78

May 29, 2012
ok thanks for the reply and yes seems random as i sent mine with application but doesnt say anything! oh well maybe ill just sit and wait alittle longer and see!!

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
We sent our medicals in way ahead of our application being received in Ontario. The doctor sent it to London directly. They were a bit confused in London though as I stupidly thought I had to have a medical as well as my husband (waste of 130 quid there). They sent me a letter back saying I needed a chest Xray but since I was 8 months pregnant there was no way I was doing that. After trying to actually get someone to talk to me on the phone in London I was finally informed that I did not need a chest Xray or even a medical as I was the sponsor. They quoted me with our file number from the London office. This was in April. We only heard from Ontario that I was approved/received at the end of May. I am hoping that because London have a file going for us already now that our application/documents have been forwarded to London it may help our application go quicker. Wishful thinking, I know.