+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, Non UK Applications!

AfShe

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Grizzlybear said:
Well well, I didn't think this would FINALLY happen, but London emailed me today asking for my passport!! I hope that is good news and not another episode of WAITING GAME!
That's awesome! so happy for you!! :)

quick question. How often did you email the london office during the whole process?? we haven't heard back anything since we sent in my husband's medical results last week. Our lawyer emailed them last monday on April 15 to let them know that the medical had been done and the results would be posted soon. I really think we should send another reminder as the london office doesn't seem to work properly without reminders in our case. so just wondering how many reminders did u have to send?

Also, did u have to do a re-medical. Do you know approximately how long it should take to get a passport request after we send in the results...

Grizzlybear

Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Interview........
05-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013
AfShe said:
That's awesome! so happy for you!! :)

quick question. How often did you email the london office during the whole process?? we haven't heard back anything since we sent in my husband's medical results last week. Our lawyer emailed them last monday on April 15 to let them know that the medical had been done and the results would be posted soon. I really think we should send another reminder as the london office doesn't seem to work properly without reminders in our case. so just wondering how many reminders did u have to send?

Also, did u have to do a re-medical. Do you know approximately how long it should take to get a passport request after we send in the results...
I must have sent like a billion emails, but they only replied the one regarding changing address, confirming they changed my address, and did not comment on anything else I mentioned in the same email. I was not asked for a re-medical, at least not yet. The request of passport at this stage is still not clear; the email they sent did not confirm the decision yet. I will send it tomorrow or Monday and see what happens next.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Grizzlybear said:
I must have sent like a billion emails, but they only replied the one regarding changing address, confirming they changed my address, and did not comment on anything else I mentioned in the same email. I was not asked for a re-medical, at least not yet. The request of passport at this stage is still not clear; the email they sent did not confirm the decision yet. I will send it tomorrow or Monday and see what happens next.
Congrats though! That sounds like they've all but officially made a decision to give you a visa.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Grizzlybear said:
Nope not yet, they need to get my passport first no?
ugh I think I'm the only family class applicant through London that this has happened to.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
blueboom said:
ugh I think I'm the only family class applicant through London that this has happened to.
I think you should really contact them, as it's very unusual that they have decision made before they request the passport.
Most of the times, it's not good news. However, from what I know from your case, being married etc, I don't see a reason not to grant PR.
As far as I remember, your husband is from India and gone back to India because his visa has expired. Is that correct? sorry if I mix up the cases.
As Indians are not allowed to send passports overseas, maybe they have transferred your case to new Delhi and they will request the passport... that would obviously be the best, and could explain the decision made without the PPR. Also because ND requests the passport early in the process normally. However - it's pure speculation, and I think you should really enquire. Even if your husband gets the COPR, he won't be able to get on the plane with only that, he needs a visa, as the airline staff won't let him board the plane. So - it's something to sort out really soon. Don't wait - contact them, and ask for information, as it's very unusual.
Good luck,
Sweden

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Sweden said:
I think you should really contact them, as it's very unusual that they have decision made before they request the passport.
Most of the times, it's not good news. However, from what I know from your case, being married etc, I don't see a reason not to grant PR.
As far as I remember, your husband is from India and gone back to India because his visa has expired. Is that correct? sorry if I mix up the cases.
As Indians are not allowed to send passports overseas, maybe they have transferred your case to new Delhi and they will request the passport... that would obviously be the best, and could explain the decision made without the PPR. Also because ND requests the passport early in the process normally. However - it's pure speculation, and I think you should really enquire. Even if your husband gets the COPR, he won't be able to get on the plane with only that, he needs a visa, as the airline staff won't let him board the plane. So - it's something to sort out really soon. Don't wait - contact them, and ask for information, as it's very unusual.
Good luck,
Sweden
Thank you. Yes, you remembered correctly. We've told our representative to inquire, but if they don't do it by Monday, we will do it ourselves. My husband is pissed. We received absolutely no notification of anything (and honestly, we weren't expecting to hear anything for another month, so we didn't follow up with our rep). I can't imagine we would have received a request for an interview more than 60 days ago (February?) and London would reject the application for failure to respond to their request.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
blueboom said:
Thank you. Yes, you remembered correctly. We've told our representative to inquire, but if they don't do it by Monday, we will do it ourselves. My husband is pissed. We received absolutely no notification of anything (and honestly, we weren't expecting to hear anything for another month, so we didn't follow up with our rep). I can't imagine we would have received a request for an interview more than 60 days ago (February?) and London would reject the application for failure to respond to their request.
Seems like a reasonable plan, and for sure your representative should be asking CIC questions - it's not very usual, and it's their job to follow up as well... hope you hear back from them soon, so you know where you stand.
Good luck,
Sweden

dakar23

Jul 26, 2012
Grizzlybear said:

Thanks for your reply, you are right,

We shouldn't expect DM before PPR or re-Medical. I guess your medical expired, when was that?

i am wondering because mine expired 9th March they did not request for another one yet. But seems they will not request you for re-medical.

Lucky you

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Sweden said:
Seems like a reasonable plan, and for sure your representative should be asking CIC questions - it's not very usual, and it's their job to follow up as well... hope you hear back from them soon, so you know where you stand.
Good luck,
Sweden
Thanks for your help, Sweden. I really hope it's that London mistakenly only sent a COPR!

Grizzlybear

Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Interview........
05-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013
dakar23 said:
Grizzlybear said:

Thanks for your reply, you are right,

We shouldn't expect DM before PPR or re-Medical. I guess your medical expired, when was that?

i am wondering because mine expired 9th March they did not request for another one yet. But seems they will not request you for re-medical.

Lucky you
They might have applied for an extension for your medicals, but they won't inform you about it unless you ask I guess. It seems they apply for such extensions for everyone, since it is clearly their slow and lack of effort that kept us waiting this long after all. Keep in mind the waiting at this stage is for security checks in both where you are now and your country of origin (and any other country you have lived at). I am guessing you are from Senegal from your name, so it will also depend on how fast the authorities in your country deal with their part of the investigation too. This is why the waiting after interviews varies from one person to the other. Good luck mate and I hope they contact you soon.

dakar23

Jul 26, 2012
Hi, Grizzlybear thanks again.

Yes its true it depends on the origin of individual as i am waiting for background check. But i am not from Senegal. i will inbox you my country of origin.

hope i will hear good news like you soon.

Best of luck

Grizzlybear

Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Interview........
05-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013
dakar23 said:
Hi, Grizzlybear thanks again.

Yes its true it depends on the origin of individual as i am waiting for background check. But i am not from Senegal. i will inbox you my country of origin.

hope i will hear good news like you soon.

Best of luck
I replied mate. I think that is the major issue of the length of waiting time at this stage.

aliasif83

Mar 1, 2013
Hi
Anyone been sponsored from Quebec how long it will take after submitting CSQ (Certificate de Selection Quebec) I applied in August 2012 after that they only asked CSQ by Email and i sent them in February 2013 but still waiting

Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
aliasif83 said:
Hi
Anyone been sponsored from Quebec how long it will take after submitting CSQ (Certificate de Selection Quebec) I applied in August 2012 after that they only asked CSQ by Email and i sent them in February 2013 but still waiting

Thanks
if you're applying outland the CSQ itself doesn't take very long. Normally you apply for it once you're done with stage 1, and you get it within 30 days. Then you send it to your VO, and by the time they open your application, it should pretty much be there. So if it's an outland application, it's unlikely that the CSQ itself is holding up your file.
Good luck,
Sweden

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
Guess what ALL! PASSPORT REQUEST IS HERE!!!! ;D :D

Quick question...does anyone know how long they give you to travel once you get your passport back??