+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys !!!

I am so sorry I have been away for all these days ! Thank you soooo much for all the best wishes ! My life just got all figured out this week, with me getting a job in the city near my husband's workplace, my very important licensing exam to be taken, PPR, and moving to a new city !!! LOL....So I had a handful, but I was veryyyy happy :)

Next, congrats to everyone who got the PPR !!! I updated the spreadsheet as accurate as I could. Please let me know if something I may have missed out.

Me and my husband will go to Buffalo next Tuesday to get the visa. However, he won't be able to land until September end because he is on H1B visa, which requires a stamping to be done in Toronto in order to return back in US. The earliest date he got for that stamping was end of Sept :(

Would it be okay to land in Sept if the visa was issued in Aug ? Do they give you a specific time by which you are supposed to land ?
Also, after he lands, can he commute to US daily ? (Without the PR card) ?? I think I heard he cannot re-enter Canada without PR card ? Please tell me that's not true .....coz then it means waiting for 2-3 months !!!

I can maintain the spreadsheet, but would love it if someone would want to take over :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats again sparkle! Sounds like you've got plenty of positive changes on the horizon. While I don't have sufficient information to answer your questions, I would be happy to take over the spreadsheet (I spend enough time on here that I notice everyone's updates anyway and it would keep me busy). I'm assuming you need a Gmail address from me so you can pass on ownership of the spreadsheet?
sparkle said:
Hey Guys !!!

I am so sorry I have been away for all these days ! Thank you soooo much for all the best wishes ! My life just got all figured out this week, with me getting a job in the city near my husband's workplace, my very important licensing exam to be taken, PPR, and moving to a new city !!! LOL....So I had a handful, but I was veryyyy happy :)

Next, congrats to everyone who got the PPR !!! I updated the spreadsheet as accurate as I could. Please let me know if something I may have missed out.

Me and my husband will go to Buffalo next Tuesday to get the visa. However, he won't be able to land until September end because he is on H1B visa, which requires a stamping to be done in Toronto in order to return back in US. The earliest date he got for that stamping was end of Sept :(

Would it be okay to land in Sept if the visa was issued in Aug ? Do they give you a specific time by which you are supposed to land ?
Also, after he lands, can he commute to US daily ? (Without the PR card) ?? I think I heard he cannot re-enter Canada without PR card ? Please tell me that's not true .....coz then it means waiting for 2-3 months !!!

I can maintain the spreadsheet, but would love it if someone would want to take over :)

boomerang11

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2011 (CPC-M received on 15 March 2011); MICC Received Undertaking - 27 April 2011
Nomination.....
CSQ Received 27 May 2011
AOR Received.
No AOR; Initial Assessment via e-mail - 8 June 2011
File Transfer...
Buffalo Acknowledged PR Application - 21 April 2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-11
LANDED..........
03-09-11
Hi all!

Congrats to all the new PPRs! I love to see all the green on Sparkle's spreadsheet! It's getting there.

Sorry I've been gone so long...lots to do. But I thought I'd post the good news!

House was for sale...which means it must be impeccable ALL DAY EVERY DAY! My sweet husband cleaned after ourselves and our dogs every day. But...

It paid off because our house sold in one week...we signed yesterday! Keep your fingers crossed so we get to closing on Sept. 28....and then it's off to Montreal because...

Today, I received my passport back! ;D It was delayed because apparently they didn't have my CSQ from Quebec. I thought Buffalo didn't work on a file until they had a CSQ, but now I'm not so sure that's the procedure. Anyway, I sent that in by email last week and received the packet today.

I wish I had a job, like Sparkle, but my level of French will surely impede my job search. I'm taking the intermediate level Francisation en Ligne classes (through Quebec immigration) but I'm not yet good enough for the labor market. In time...

For now, I will be back on this site for a while....since my husband is leaving day after tomorrow. :'( He's heading out to start looking for a place in the greater Montreal area. I think it may be tough to find a place since we're on a budget and have dogs. We're off on an adventure!

Will be by more often.....

Good luck to all those waiting......

Trish1982

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
03-31-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 LA
Well--still no word here on my end. Nothing from Immigration, nothing from my MP.
I contacted Buffalo earlier inquiring about whether hubby & I should make arrangements for
him to get his medical redone (expires Oct 12th) as the closest DMP is a 12 hour drive away and it will take some
arranging for me, to take time off work and figure out what to do with the kids where we can stay how we will
get there (my lovely car is almost run into the ground)....*sigh* no response yet!

I'm REALLY upset about my MPs lack of help. I wrote back after 2 weeks of sending the original email and asked if they
had even received it, their only response was that they had forwarded my email to someone who can help me.
Whaaat? Isn't my MP the one who is supposed to help me? Im confused. and that was over 2 weeks ago, still no word!

This is frustrating, more so all the time. Everyday. I had to stop coming here to read all the updates for a while because
It hurts more than helps. :( ARRrrrGHHH!!! And here i am back again, reading all the good news everyone else is getting
and feeling jealous :( lol well, good for everyone who got some progress, I can't wait to be in your shoes!

Anyway, just wanted to check it to say that Im still here..............

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, too slow. I hope it won't be much longer. I looked at an earlier post of yours in which you shared the letter sent to your local MP and in which you wrote, "Basically what we're seeing on a number of forums online, is all applicants registered on said forums through Buffalo (USA) between October 2010 and February 2011 are at a standstill, while applicants from March April and even May through the same embassy (Buffalo) are already receiving their passport requests." I know the person who post right before you is an April person, but I'm in the May batch (which doesn't have as many Buffalo people as other months, officially presenting themselves at least), and I haven't come across anyone from May getting PPR yet. Anyway, all I can say is I really wish what it was that they can't do for you that they can do for others. Best of luck.
Trish1982 said:
Well--still no word here on my end. Nothing from Immigration, nothing from my MP.
I contacted Buffalo earlier inquiring about whether hubby & I should make arrangements for
him to get his medical redone (expires Oct 12th) as the closest DMP is a 12 hour drive away and it will take some
arranging for me, to take time off work and figure out what to do with the kids where we can stay how we will
get there (my lovely car is almost run into the ground)....*sigh* no response yet!

I'm REALLY upset about my MPs lack of help. I wrote back after 2 weeks of sending the original email and asked if they
had even received it, their only response was that they had forwarded my email to someone who can help me.
Whaaat? Isn't my MP the one who is supposed to help me? Im confused. and that was over 2 weeks ago, still no word!

This is frustrating, more so all the time. Everyday. I had to stop coming here to read all the updates for a while because
It hurts more than helps. :( ARRrrrGHHH!!! And here i am back again, reading all the good news everyone else is getting
and feeling jealous :( lol well, good for everyone who got some progress, I can't wait to be in your shoes!

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Trish1982 I know how you feel. It really is frustrating at times. I am really happy for other folks that get there PPR and aggravated we have to jump through the additional hoop of additional information.

We ordered our CAIPS notes to see what was going on. It may not get us there any faster but it made us feel like we were doing something.

Hang in there.

Trish1982 said:

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
I just sent another email inquiry asking them to verify for me if my entire and complete application has been received (ie meds, CSQ, RPRF). I hope my "harsh-yet-polite" tone will get the point across. Last time they replied to me in 2 days with a file #, so lets hope I have as much luck this time!

cbennett

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived 9.30.11
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
Congrats again sparkle! Sounds like you've got plenty of positive changes on the horizon. While I don't have sufficient information to answer your questions, I would be happy to take over the spreadsheet (I spend enough time on here that I notice everyone's updates anyway and it would keep me busy). I'm assuming you need a Gmail address from me so you can pass on ownership of the spreadsheet?

Hi There! When you recieve the spreadsheet, would you mind updating me to recievening my AOR email on 8/6? I'm in the April section.

Thanks! Courtney ;D

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
francohoosier said:
I just sent another email inquiry asking them to verify for me if my entire and complete application has been received (ie meds, CSQ, RPRF). I hope my "harsh-yet-polite" tone will get the point across. Last time they replied to me in 2 days with a file #, so lets hope I have as much luck this time!
So much nervousness right now.... I got a speedy response back from Buffalo saying they don't have my file anymore - it's been transferred to New York! Agh!!! What does THAT mean? Is this good/bad/going to slow down my case?

In the email Buffalo sent, they stated that it was "In order to expedite the processing of your application" but also "Do not request the status of your file within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter."

....Too bad I already sent an email to New York asking them the same stuff (did they receive everything, including meds, CSQ...)....

YIKES! What happens now? :eek: ???

Romain

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Kitchener Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2010
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
francohoosier said:
So much nervousness right now.... I got a speedy response back from Buffalo saying they don't have my file anymore - it's been transferred to New York! Agh!!! What does THAT mean? Is this good/bad/going to slow down my case?

In the email Buffalo sent, they stated that it was "In order to expedite the processing of your application" but also "Do not request the status of your file within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter."

....Too bad I already sent an email to New York asking them the same stuff (did they receive everything, including meds, CSQ...)....

Welcome to the club francohoosier :)
Our file was also transferred to NYC mid April... and we are still waiting.
After ordering CAIPS notes twice we could see that things ended up progressing slowly but surely.
The problem with NYC is that they very rarely respond to email/case specific inquiries,
another problem is that once you will get your PPR, you will have to mail your passport as it is not possible to get it done on-site.

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
Yet another up-to-the-minute update:

New York responded that they haven't received my file yet, so I guess this transfer was rather recent. They also responded (in my own summary) that they don't want to hear jack squat from me, and that I should shut my big fat trap unless the almighty consulate orders me otherwise. At their own whim, of course.

Ugh. Why is immigration such a hassle? Thank you Romain for your insight. If my case follows your trend, I have a sticky situation of getting a new work permit to look forward to, and possibly facing deportation. :'(

Romain

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Kitchener Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2010
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
I am thinking about sending an TRV application to the same VO that is processing our file (NYC).
I have read that it does happen that if the application for PR is actually close to completion (like just waiting for final review) they may just issue the final PR Stamp to avoid have to request the Passport again while they have it in their hands....

What is exactly specified in the PPR email/letter ? It appears that in addition to the Passport they want some photos (how many ?) as well as an Annex (???), anything else ?
The goal is to send along with the TRV application every thing they would need to also complete the initial application for PR (if it is possible of course...)

Thank you in advance

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'd venture to say they outsourced it to New York City because they were too backlogged and that they do that at times if the sattelite office can take on their files - like they said, it makes them get through their work faster. Lol, don't worry, I doubt you'd get into trouble for bothering the new office about your status. Honestly, if e-cas could work better for us, we wouldn't have to do that as much.
francohoosier said:

janyte

May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/05/2011
File Transfer...
21/06/2011
Med's Done....
4/26/2011
ddobro2 said:
Wow, too slow. I hope it won't be much longer. I looked at an earlier post of yours in which you shared the letter sent to your local MP and in which you wrote, "Basically what we're seeing on a number of forums online, is all applicants registered on said forums through Buffalo (USA) between October 2010 and February 2011 are at a standstill, while applicants from March April and even May through the same embassy (Buffalo) are already receiving their passport requests." I know the person who post right before you is an April person, but I'm in the May batch (which doesn't have as many Buffalo people as other months, officially presenting themselves at least), and I haven't come across anyone from May getting PPR yet. Anyway, all I can say is I really wish what it was that they can't do for you that they can do for others. Best of luck.
We are May people...with no info other than package received in Buffalo July 5th. Hoping that this backlog of people with good news moves things forward!