Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
This Is the reply I got from Jason Kenneys office.

Hello Mr.*******,

I have had an opportunity to look into your file.
By all appearances it is progressing normally. Your application date is officially 24 Feb 2011 and there are no flags or anomalies apparent on the file.
Unfortunately, the normal processing time for sponsorships of this nature averages 11 months from the date of application. That means the time it will take to process your application will be into January 2012.
I also regret to report that there is no way to speed up the process.
I hope this answers your questions.

Kindest regards,
Ronald Thompson

Ronald Thompson
Member's Assistant
Office of the Hon. Jason Kenney, PC, M
1168 - 137 Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2J 6T6
Phone: (403) 225-3480
Cell: (403) 801-5926
Fax: (403) 225-3504

Trish1982

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
03-31-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 LA
I have a problem with that generic reply, I also worry about the letter
I sent to my MP ...that I didn't key in on the point i was trying to make.

I was trying to stress that, YES we get it: The "listed processing time is 11 months"
BUT how in the hell do people who applied AFTER us get PPR and LAND before we even get an initial assessment.
I wouldn't have a problem if it was just me, but it's NOT just me. There are 4 months of people who
immigration just seemed to have pushed aside.

Total BS.

Finally we're seeing a little movement this week for the December 2010 group...GREAT its about damn time. But to
see MORE movement from March April and May applicants is heart wrenching to say the least.

ughhh!!!!!

avon

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1 2010
AOR Received.
March 2 2011
File Transfer...
Jan. 5 2011
Med's Request
received on IA Apr 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept 10, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 6, 2011
I agree especially if you look at January's spreadsheet, people from Ghana have gotten their PPR and every other country. I believe this has to be addressed systematically, and I like the way people pointed out Sparkle's spreadsheet. Data does have power.

My prayers and best wishes are with all of you. Thank you for hearing me out and supporting me when I didn't know who to communicate with. It was nice having all of you on this journey. Soon enough you guys will get your ppr.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what i understand, Buffalo is working on random files, probably for some reason I believe. I was looking at our spreadsheet and trying to follow up on individual cases, when I realised, anyone who gets a PPR, 95% of the times, they do get an "In Process" status on e-cas or atleast the "Initial Assessment" document. I am not considering the "In process" status that they gave us after we inquired, adn those people are not getting any PPR. From that understanding, the people who should be getting their PPR soon, or atleast before the others -

Rinnerz
Getson
Mizzcanam
scyra (Haven't heard from them since March 30)
argenta
Jeff
spiritac
moonpie
eletyl
melyn2223
boomerang11

Everyone who got skipped in between, are either the ones who have had no e-cas update or IA, or have been transferred to satellite offices with no further updates :(:(:(:

I hope all of us get some news soon.....

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very jealous right now of the people whose MPs actually took the initiative to look into their files...The representative I talked to for my MP was full of "good news". He told me that the processing time is 11 months from our receiving the AOR (which was in March), and not from the time Mississauga sent our application to Buffalo (which was in January), so we should not expect anything till February 2012!! Then, he proceeded to tell me that we have not heard anything from Buffalo since the AOR because our file has not been opened yet because there is a 3 month queue line from the AOR. When I told him it cannot be since people who applied in March are getting their Visas, he told me he highly doubts it.
I really hope he is wrong about our file not even being open yet...I feel like crying :'(

eletyl

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2010
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
Med's Done....
20-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
it's been 10 days since Buffalo emailed me to let me know that they snail mailed me something in regards to my application, but it was returned undeliverable. I replied immediately to confirm that the address they have on file is/was CORRECT, and also gave them an alternative address.

was it really the postal strike to blame? incompetence? I suspect both.

since then, nothing.

I would bet that my package - whether it's good or bad news - is still sitting piled under a stack of papers on someone's desk, just waiting for 1 minute's worth of work to reaffix postage.

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Sparkle
I also noticed that all the people getting their PPRs have had an IA notice from Buffalo. We also got an "In process" from them but only after emailing to inquire about the application status ourselves. My hunch feeling is that it is not the same as an official IA. The MP representative I talked to never actually looked into our file, so I do not know where he is getting his information from, and I really hope he is wrong.

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
sparkle said:
From what i understand, Buffalo is working on random files, probably for some reason I believe. I was looking at our spreadsheet and trying to follow up on individual cases, when I realised, anyone who gets a PPR, 95% of the times, they do get an "In Process" status on e-cas or atleast the "Initial Assessment" document. I am not considering the "In process" status that they gave us after we inquired, adn those people are not getting any PPR. From that understanding, the people who should be getting their PPR soon, or atleast before the others -

Rinnerz
Getson
Mizzcanam
scyra (Haven't heard from them since March 30)
argenta
Jeff
spiritac
moonpie
eletyl
melyn2223
boomerang11

Everyone who got skipped in between, are either the ones who have had no e-cas update or IA, or have been transferred to satellite offices with no further updates :(:(:(:

I hope all of us get some news soon.....
*cough*

We hit the 11 month mark yesterday.

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
kayan said:
Very jealous right now of the people whose MPs actually took the initiative to look into their files...The representative I talked to for my MP was full of "good news". He told me that the processing time is 11 months from our receiving the AOR (which was in March), and not from the time Mississauga sent our application to Buffalo (which was in January), so we should not expect anything till February 2012!! Then, he proceeded to tell me that we have not heard anything from Buffalo since the AOR because our file has not been opened yet because there is a 3 month queue line from the AOR. When I told him it cannot be since people who applied in March are getting their Visas, he told me he highly doubts it.
I really hope he is wrong about our file not even being open yet...I feel like crying :'(
I'd be clear with this person where my vote is going next time. What a horrible and heartless anwser.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, that's correct, my apologies...
the first in line should definitely be chess101, Kess and ndbella !!!

kayan, you are right. I don't think for people like us who actually emailed them and then got a reply of an in process status are anywhere near to completion :(

ConfusedinCanada

Oct 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
I sent a very similar letter to my MP and received a response Tuesday. Very frustrating response as it restated everything that we already knew about the process and was nothing helpful AT ALL. Here is what it said:

We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like. Family reunification is a priority of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. However, it is a 2-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only. Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada.

As mentioned above, individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements. CIC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which we have no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, the applicant is required to update their results. The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. In addition, incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant(s) or accompanying or non-accompanying dependant(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education and business dealings in different geographical areas, can also significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to complete an application.

Current statistics based on historical processing data indicate that officers in Buffalo are finalizing 80% of applications in this category in approximately 11 months from the date of receipt of the completed application. It appears that this application is proceeding normally with no unexpected or unwarranted delays. Further information on processing times can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

janamay1967

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Houston Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2011
this forum is like the worst kind of addictive drug! I know that the drop after I read the threads is going to depress me for days and make me physically sick with fear and dread and paranoia but I just can't stay away!

I hate how depressing and full of doom this process is!
I hate hearing everyone's bad news and depressed posts, but I can't stop myself!

I love/hate this thing!
JM

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
I know how hard it is to be patient (Believe me) but we must be patient. Buffalo stated our applications were in process (thoes of us who emailed) and therefor we must believe them (for now) If they need something I'm sure they will contact us, otherwise unfortinatly we must play the waiting game :(

I plan on emailing Buffalo next week to find out the status. Hopefully our IA is in the mail :) and we will receive it soon. Its possable they just didn't send out any mail while the Canadian Postal Strike was on (they didnt want to have to go through all the address to find out where people were) and we will all recieve something soon :) *hugs for all* come on guys we can make it through this :)

*hands out buffalo poking sticks to make people feel better*

melyn2223

Mar 18, 2011
@Spakle

I sent an email on June 19 asking the status. They replied on the 22nd stating that its in process and then got the ecas update on July 2nd stating that they started processing it on June 29th.