Med's Request
received on IA Apr 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept 10, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 6, 2011
Also, is there a way from CAIPS notes to see if you are having the long background check or the shorter one??

Or it just disappears in CSIS, and other agencies....

Thx for answering all these questions...... :) :)

Nelli

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approved 09-02-2011
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
Finally...an email. AOR received on May 25th!

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
avon said:
Also, is there a way from CAIPS notes to see if you are having the long background check or the shorter one??
Not that I know of.

Nelli said:
Finally...an email. AOR received on May 25th!
Congrats!

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Alright, I'm seriously pondering sending a case specific inquiry now. I'm curious to know if I too am in process or just floating in the queue somewhere. To those of you who have sent an inquiry, what did you write? I tend to get "wordy" at times and I really don't want to overdo it! :-[

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't really understand what is going with Buffalo bcos is like they have neglect December, January & February Applicant then jump to March!! Hmmmm I'm confused right now bcos the silence is too much...Ecas only shows Application was received at buffalo on XXXXXX date but nothing else till now..

This is very Unreal maybe im just been silly

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
amaranth said:
Alright, I'm seriously pondering sending a case specific inquiry now. I'm curious to know if I too am in process or just floating in the queue somewhere. To those of you who have sent an inquiry, what did you write? I tend to get "wordy" at times and I really don't want to overdo it! :-[
After I sent my first e-mail they wrote back asking for more info. This is what they need to find your file:

Thank you for your enquiry. You have not provided enough information for us to respond.

Please provide the principal applicants:

Full name as it appears on their passport:

Date of birth:

What type of Visa did you apply for:

When was your application submitted:

Your client id number:

Passport number:

Hope that helps :)

Romain

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Kitchener Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2010
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Hi amaranth

I am afraid that case specific inquiries seldom bring much... at best they may just tell you if you are in process or not.... and put your file far way back in the queue...
I have sent so many emails/case specific inquiries, even faxes ! From the applicant, from the sponsor. Never a single response.

The only thing that works... because it is required BY LAW is the request of the CAIPS files (which takes 6 weeks).
Got one dated April 14th (for an application sent in december !). The file had just been created and NOT A SINGLE ACTIVITY had started (assessment, medical, security, criminal etc...).
I just asked for a second one (2 months later) that i should get it by end of july, but then again what can we really do if our files just got into some no man's land, lost between to computerized systems ?

avon

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1 2010
AOR Received.
March 2 2011
File Transfer...
Jan. 5 2011
Med's Request
received on IA Apr 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept 10, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 6, 2011
Yeah, I think one of the problems is that there is a huge time difference between when files were transferred to buffalo, and when they started "in process". By looking at the worksheet that time difference was maybe 1- 1 1/2 months before, but now has extended to 2-5 months. So even though for most people who applied in December, they just received these applications, because they look at the application based on when they started "in process". As we all know there is an 11 months from the end of step 1. I think we should start also putting in the time that we filed our application to let them know. I hope that they know, or is it that they have new computer systems and a deluge of applicants. The 11 month deadline is from 80 percent of all cases between April 1, 2010 and March 31, 2011, and they just installed the computer system in March 2011 for all US consulates. The first couple of days after they took a week off from seeing their normal people will be hectic, I hope mid to end week, we'll start seeing some more movement. Hopefully, we will get added efficiencies.

@ Amaranth - I have sent general inquiry and that is the way that I got someone to reply to me. Case specific inquiries didn't yield anything. As requested, in subject heading put your file number.

I personally am getting nervous because I have to give up the lease on my apartment in the next month, I am having to make all sorts of decisions on where to live, what to do with my stuff, etc. So I am just trying to get a handle on things. It also appears that last year when things were moving pretty quickly things seemed to slow down during the summer months. I hope that does not happen this time.

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Romain said:
Hi amaranth

I am afraid that case specific inquiries seldom bring much... at best they may just tell you if you are in process or not.... and put your file far way back in the queue...
Does sending an inquiry really throw you further back in the queue?? Now I don't know what to do! I definitely don't want to make this any worse than it already is. ???

This is all just beyond ridiculous now. Is there anyone we can contact on behalf of ALL the "skipped" applicants? :(

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Im worried about my medical exam running out In September and haveing to do them again.Im working In Canada on a work visa and would have to fly back to the states and get it done.My app was recieved Feb 24th and I havent heard anything from Buffalo.Not a letter,email nothing saying they have it.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
Calgary-Bound said:
Im worried about my medical exam running out In September and haveing to do them again.Im working In Canada on a work visa and would have to fly back to the states and get it done.My app was recieved Feb 24th and I havent heard anything from Buffalo.Not a letter,email nothing saying they have it.
You can get it done at any DMP in Canada, no need to fly back.

mrswolfe

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2011
Nomination.....
04-20-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-19-2011
LANDED..........
09-25-2011
Hi folks!

This is mrswolfe #2! mrswolfe #1 mentioned a while ago that I was planning to come up and stay on my visitor visa while we were waiting for PR to process, and I made my crossing tonight. It was, quite honestly, the easiest crossing I have ever experienced.

A bit about my experiences:

I've crossed via Amtrak 6 times this year and never had a problem. Mrswolfe#1 and I have the luxury of visiting each other twice a month (seriously, for everyone with access to amtrak, check out guest rewards points - much cheaper way of traveling!) so we both have a pretty extensive record of border crossing.

I've been unemployed for the entire time I've lived on the west coast (since August, minus about two months where I had a temp job but I didn't cross during that time). Every time I've crossed, I've had a return ticket (there were a few times where I traveled in a vehicle and they asked more questions and my van was searched. That's because i drove a conversion van, which is a flag for drug trafficking, apparently).

Since we started the application process (as far back as January, when we were getting our application together), I have explicitly stated - when asked about returning for work or income - that my wife supports me, that our PR application is in process. Every time I have mentioned that she has already been approved as my sponsor, the border guards have obviously changed their demeanor and almost immediately let me through without additional questions.

I have learned to answer patrol's questions thoroughly and provide them with the information they need up front - when they ask me why I'm visiting, I state i am visiting my wife, and I am staying for xx days, and that I have a return ticket. Usually they ask a few follow up questions, including where my wife is, and if i have a job to return to. In my experience, stating that our PR application is in process has only helped our cause, rather than hindered. I am ultra paranoid every time I cross, with little reason.

But now i'm in Vancouver and I feel a LOT better waiting out the final months of our PR process with my wife. Portland is a lovely city, but my wife is lovelier. Still no updates on our application (waiting on AOR, which it seems we'll probably never get). I'll be sending an email on July 1st updating our address, and I hope their response is our PPR!

- mrswolfe#2

ocu_canadian

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/01/2011
Doc's Request.
none needed
AOR Received.
29/05/2011
File Transfer...
08/02/2011
Med's Done....
16/11/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
12/07/11
LANDED..........
12/07/11
If this helps to ease everyone's mind. My wife and I did not hear anything about her application since I was approved as her sponsor on February 8th 2011. I waited till the election was over and a week later went to see our MP. He made some calls and about a week later we received a call from Ottawa at home to let us know that our application had arrived in Buffalo and was in fact in process. Only after we had gotten that call did Ecas update to AOR but we know that we are actually in process. With saying that I do believe based on our case and many others that ECAS is delayed and many of us are further along than we think. Here's to hoping that everyone has a speedy and smooth process!! ;)

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
amaranth said:
Does sending an inquiry really throw you further back in the queue?? Now I don't know what to do! I definitely don't want to make this any worse than it already is. ???

This is all just beyond ridiculous now. Is there anyone we can contact on behalf of ALL the "skipped" applicants? :(
I dont think it throws you back in the que. I sent in a Case Specific Inquiry just asking for a status update and they got back to me (well my husband) the next day. all I got was a simple respose of 'your case is in process nothing more is needed from you at this time'
Thats how I found out I was in process (Ecas is still app received) if you are getting really antsy and just want to make sure you're in process email them. They should be able to just quickly pull up your file on the computer and see its in process. I dont see how that would pull you to the back of the line.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
This Is the reply I got from Buffalo when I asked about not ever recieveing an email or letter from them saying they got my app.

The creation of permanent resident applications in our database along with the mailing of the acknowledgement of receipt letter is taking a minium of 30 weeks.

Any application submitted without the required documents and information will be returned to the applicant.

e-Cas is for applications processing within Canada only.

Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.

Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca