28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Ozzie said:
Applied for my wife, here's the time line God knows what is taking so long.

Application Received Mississauga: July 27th, 2010
Sponsorship Approved: August 24th, 2010
File Transfered to Buffalo: August 25th
Buffalo Started Processing: September 15th, 2010
October 12th: Received a letter from Buffalo, stating Interview waived, medical has been received and that they plan to finalize the file.
Nov 2nd: Received a letter from CIC Mississauga stating in order to conclude you application you have to paid the landing fee.
Nov 10th: Paid the landing fee
Dec 2nd: Letter of acknowledgment from Mississauga "receipt of payment"
Dec 2nd: Ecas shows In-process
Dec 22nd : Ecas shows DECISION MADE

Today is Feb 9th still haven't received PPR request, what is taking them so long its beyond my understanding.
Uhhh... something is definitely not right. You need to:

1) call them and find out what the decision is/was
2) fax them for the same information.
3) email them for the same information.
4) order CAIPS notes
5) contact an MP for assistance.

It sounds like you got PPR, but they never emailed it to you, and never sent you snail mail. You might be able to get your visa and land now, and not even know it.

Ozzie

Star Member
Aug 3, 2006
USA
Hey Pharoah,

I spoke to an immigration consultant he said Buffalo is taking too long, just wait for a bit more, but if I order CAIPS will it tell me the decision or what ever is going on with the file?

Also, does Buffalo reply to FAX or emails?

Thanks

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
They usually reply to emails, albeit in a generic response sort of way. It wouldn't hurt to email them, and tell them you never received the 'Decision' from the 'Decision Made', and perhaps they'll tell you that you have PPR (they tell people through email, so I don't see why they wouldn't).

The CAIPS notes can take over a month to get back, so I'd probably hold off until you hear from Buffalo. I'd email and fax them. If you fax, provide a fax number, email address, and phone number they can contact you at.

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
Pharoh said:
They usually reply to emails, albeit in a generic response sort of way. It wouldn't hurt to email them, and tell them you never received the 'Decision' from the 'Decision Made', and perhaps they'll tell you that you have PPR (they tell people through email, so I don't see why they wouldn't).

The CAIPS notes can take over a month to get back, so I'd probably hold off until you hear from Buffalo. I'd email and fax them. If you fax, provide a fax number, email address, and phone number they can contact you at.
Pharoh is right however you do get a reply saying that you will receive an answer within 28 days so I would suggest contacting your MP if you don't hear back within a week ;D

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
MexiCana said:
I realize that and wrote what I did because it adequately answered his question. The actual form was linked to and I assume that the poster is capable of going to it and reading the instructions in their entirety. The implication of the poster's question is that he submitted nothing at all under this head, which is not analogous to your situation.

In fact, I also did not submit an Option C but submitted other materials that complied with the rules and experienced no problems. I did not even go to the lengths that you did, and I was still approved. But that is not what toronto-buffalo asked about.
My wife called up CIC today to ask how we can mail in the missing Option C and other docs and the rep. said you can do it and I will also make a note on your A/c that some of the docs. will be mailed later but then my wife just got a call from the CIC saying not to mail anything till the CIC doesnt ask for it and wait till their reply.
I am sure they will ask for these docs, only thing I am wondering is that by the time they get to my file and send a response, it will be an extra month wasted, what do you guys?

rafaelgabbie

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Pharoh said:
It takes 30-45 days to get AOR after the file is supposedly sent to Buffalo. My file was supposedly sent December 17, and I got my AOR from them January 28.

At that point, when you get your AOR, it's then a waiting game that cannot be measured. You might get PPR in a month, it might be three months. They might waive the interview, they might not. They might have lost some stuff, they might not have. They may want additional documents or background checks, or they may not. It's sort of like waiting in limbo, a sort of purgatory between receipt and PPR.
thanks for the prompt response. i am here in los angeles. i actually hope they waive my interview. i applied as LPN but i am actually a CNA. that was where my consultant has applied for me. God bless and thanks again.

Mike100

Feb 9, 2011
My wife also received 'Decision Made' from ecas yesterday and we decided to send the passport to Buffalo just because most of what I have read on this forum is that if you didn't have an interview and you received Decision Made it is most likely good news. Her medical expires in like 2 weeks, we cannot wait for the letter which may take them another month.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Mike100 said:
My wife also received 'Decision Made' from ecas yesterday and we decided to send the passport to Buffalo just because most of what I have read on this forum is that if you didn't have an interview and you received Decision Made it is most likely good news. Her medical expires in like 2 weeks, we cannot wait for the letter which may take them another month.
Congrats! When did you originally file the application? I'd have to say I've never heard of someone sending the passport w/o a request. I hope it all works out for you!

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
Mike100 said:
WOW!! Did you send the pictures they require along with it and a letter to explain that the medical expires in two weeks? It will be interesting to hear how this goes! (you may have started a trend!)

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
ah man..... sigh well congratulation to all the people that got ppr

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
patiently_waiting said:
WOW!! Did you send the pictures they require along with it and a letter to explain that the medical expires in two weeks? It will be interesting to hear how this goes! (you may have started a trend!)
Also height and eye colour? (I believe that's requested as part of the PPR as well.)

Mike100

Feb 9, 2011
How many pictures are requested? Were those pictures used anywhere like some sort of extra form they gave you? Because when I got my PPR, long time ago, they didn't ask for pictures and the visa itself didn't have a picture, besides we sent them like 4 pictures when we applied . The height and eye color are indicated in the passport.

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
I don't know, I haven't received my passport request however there are a number of threads on this site that have spoken about what is to be sent to them along with the passport. Maybe someone more senior knows. I am pretty sure you get a letter with the request as to what to send along with it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We sent the right number of photos with the original application.

However when we received the passport request, we were told we had to provide additional photos (3 or 4???) and also confirm height and eye colour. We were asked to submit this information (height/eye colour), the extra photos, the passport and the PPR letter together.

I know others have been asked to provide the additional photos and height/eye colour. But I'm not sure if this is standard for all those going through Buffalo.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OK - just found my husband's PPR email. It was three photos. Here's the exact text:

We require three (3) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.