App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
well this is the thread for Buffalo but anyway and be patient each office have different waiting time just do not wait too long like me .

i never heard that someone did it.. if i were you i would scan it, print it and sent it to them by mail.. if you can afford it have a tracking number for the letter to be sure they received it.. or fax it... i would trust those 2 methods better than emailing something.. but that is just me

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
IndoLady said:
Hey all,

My application is processed in Singapore since June 2010, I got my CSQ in September 2010, until now I haven't heard anything from Singapore office,
someone told me to fax the CSQ my self to Singapore office.

I am wondering, Can you scan the CSQ and e-mail them instead of send through fax?

Thanks and warm regards.
you shouldn't need to send your CSQ to Singapore, because MICC is supposed to do that for you. The CSQ is what you use to sign up for healthcare and other provincial things. However, in very rare cases, like Dralon's, MICC never sends the ok to the outside CIC office. So if you want to be safe, you can send an email to Singapore (with all your pertinent info, including your address and B# file and have the CSQ as an attachment)

This is just a precaution and is most likely not necessary. I, and many other people, never had a problem with MICC not sending the approval to my outside office.

IndoLady

Dec 15, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Med's Done....
February 2010
Thank you so much for your reply, I will try to fax it tomorrow..

This forum really helps :)

Bunga

IndoLady

Dec 15, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Med's Done....
February 2010
plumosa said:
you shouldn't need to send your CSQ to Singapore, because MICC is supposed to do that for you. The CSQ is what you use to sign up for healthcare and other provincial things. However, in very rare cases, like Dralon's, MICC never sends the ok to the outside CIC office. So if you want to be safe, you can send an email to Singapore (with all your pertinent info, including your address and B# file and have the CSQ as an attachment)

This is just a precaution and is most likely not necessary. I, and many other people, never had a problem with MICC not sending the approval to my outside office.
I sent them e-mail exactly with the infos that you suggested, I think thats enough, right.. I hope theres no problem with the MICC to send the CSQ to them, Im just not sure if they received my CSQ yet..

But thanks so much to take the time and reply my post :)

rob21

Nov 26, 2009
MexiCana said:
Well, it depends rob21. Many people applying through Buffalo have their entire applications determined in less than the 8-9 months it takes to get through the first stage of inland applications.

My case was slower than most, but if we had not made a mistake with a document (now we're just waiting about a zillion years for a govt office to get another one for us), we would have had PR in mid-October, or six months for the whole thing from start to finish.

Another thing to consider is that if you are rejected inland there is no right to appeal.

How did she obtain an open work permit? Did she graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution after April 2008? Very few people are eligible for open work permits.

If you apply through Buffalo she will still have implied status while her work permit renewal is considered. Whether you apply outland or inland, you will need to submit a renewal application to Vegreville before the permit expires. We did this with my spouse, but in our case we extended the visa and changed it from work permit to visitor. I don't think where your sponsorship application is being processed would have any bearing on whether it is renewed.

Renewing the permit she already has is a different issue from the application for an open work permit that most people include in their inland applications. You are going to need to apply for an extension of her permit whether you go inland or outland. Just submitting a PR application inland will NOT give your spouse implied status on her current work permit.

robrod said:
Not sure what conditions that work permit has, Rob21.
Mine came with a validity date and so in turn my SIN card. It clearly stated "not valid after xxxx" for both of them... so I don't think employers care about implied statuses, they care about cards and permits being valid at face value... that's my 2 cents for this situation, of course...
Best of luck!.
MexiCana she has an open work permit because we went throught he sponsorship process once already. Unfortunately due to some personal cercumstances and some very bad advice from the RCMP I removed myself as a sponsor. I tried reinstating myself but of course you cant so we are going to go ahead again woith the sponsorship. Since we had already passed first stage approval they granted her an open work permit however it expires March 7, 2011.
I did ask at the local CIC office and they did inform me that by submitting a new sponsorship application with an application for an open work permit would in fact give her implied status. So did they give us the wrong information?

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
No, I don't think they gave you wrong information. In your previous post you mentioned being on implied status after filing your sponsorship but didn't specifically mention submitting the OWP extension application, so it sounded like you thought the OWP would be extended without specifically applying for the extension and my comment was based on that.

One question I would have in your position is whether she can have that OWP extended if you decide to apply outland through Buffalo. Outlanders who are in Canada don't get OWPs while they are waiting. If you could extend that OWP and apply through the speedy Buffalo office, that would be the best of both worlds. Good luck. Your case has an interesting set of facts, please let us know how things end up working out for you and what you end up doing.

fafi

Sep 17, 2010
kingston, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
Date: Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 1:43 PM
Subject: PASSPORT REQUIRED

6 weeks after sending in the RFPR fees! yes! now just trying to figure out what to do for the holidays! any suggestions? i really would like to go to see my family florida for christmas and am still in ontario. should i wait to send in my passport? should i send it in when i get into florida? i may be driving back up to canada but i'm not 100% sure - if i decide, should i bring it into buffalo and get it done there, or is that just for landing?

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
my partner's passport arrived back this morning with a shiny new PR visa.

woohoo!!!!!

fafi

Sep 17, 2010
kingston, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
thank you! also, when submitting my passport w/ 3 recent pictures.. what are those pictures for?? i just dyed my hair blue and i don't really want the pictures to be used for any ID cards or anything, haha!

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
*banging head on the desk* oh well my wife and i had to me the difficult case

grats to all those that got ppr or their passport bunch of lucky people

adetia9

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
USA Outland - Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
03-05-2010
Med's Done....
30-11-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
still waitin for anything to happen here....

adetia9

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
USA Outland - Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
03-05-2010
Med's Done....
30-11-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
There was a delay originally due to our FBI clearance fiasco (took 5 sets of prints to get a report back). Now, its anyone's guess. We already enlisted the "help" of our Local MP, (complete waste of time), so, we're just sitting here waiting. Plus, our medicals I believe just expired, so that's going to be the next issue most likely, assuming anyone even looks at our file in the near future.