fafi

Sep 17, 2010
kingston, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
I'm trying to pay my RPRF fees and I'm a bit confused. Buffalo's website says "Please note: All fees for Family Class applicants must be submitted to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario using an official fee receipt (IMM5401)." So do I pay the fees to there or do I do a money order to the Consulate General of Canada like it suggests elsewhere and send that to Buffalo? I just want to get this done alreaaaady.

And I know the results only go to the CIC, but I've read in this thread that people have had to fax Ottawa and ask them to send results to Buffalo, and was wondering if I should do that.

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After 3 emails to Buffalo and 3 responses telling me to allow sufficient time for delivery of an "information" letter they sent to me on October 21st, I sent a 4th email this morning asking them to please email me a copy of the letter as I hadn't received it and I was aware that they usually only give a certain amount of time for me to respond and my time was running out while I waited....whew....they sent me an email telling me they forwarded my request on to the processing team who then responded 30 minutes later with a copy of the letter - PPR!!!! So, I guess I didn't really get a separate AOR letter. So now here I am trying to figure out how to get my passports to Buffalo and back to Bermuda the quickest way possible as we are flying to Canada for the holidays on Dec. 15th. It is going to be so close! Almost there!

Nell

S

SaugaBoss

nelly72 said:
After 3 emails to Buffalo and 3 responses telling me to allow sufficient time for delivery of an "information" letter they sent to me on October 21st, I sent a 4th email this morning asking them to please email me a copy of the letter as I hadn't received it and I was aware that they usually only give a certain amount of time for me to respond and my time was running out while I waited....whew....they sent me an email telling me they forwarded my request on to the processing team who then responded 30 minutes later with a copy of the letter - PPR!!!! So, I guess I didn't really get a separate AOR letter. So now here I am trying to figure out how to get my passports to Buffalo and back to Bermuda the quickest way possible as we are flying to Canada for the holidays on Dec. 15th. It is going to be so close! Almost there!

Nell
that was quick!

SimpleMan

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
nelly72 said:

Nell
Congrats, this was very quick.

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Nelly72. Talk about being proactive!

I posted this on another thread but haven't gotten a response. My husband received a letter requesting an additional document; as well they returned our personal information, pictures, invitations etc. We're in the process of getting the information they require to them. What may I expect next and why did they return the personal info already? Thanking you in advance.

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lila said:
Congratulations Nelly72. Talk about being proactive!

I posted this on another thread but haven't gotten a response. My husband received a letter requesting an additional document; as well they returned our personal information, pictures, invitations etc. We're in the process of getting the information they require to them. What may I expect next and why did they return the personal info already? Thanking you in advance.
Thanks! Apparently sending emails does not hurt your application although I never came right out and asked for exact information. As I never received the original letter I don't know why they returned the personal information but I would think that they returned it because they have finished processing your application and once you submit what they ask for I imagine it won't be much longer for you. All the best, Nell.

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nelly72 said:
Thanks! Apparently sending emails does not hurt your application although I never came right out and asked for exact information. As I never received the original letter I don't know why they returned the personal information but I would think that they returned it because they have finished processing your application and once you submit what they ask for I imagine it won't be much longer for you. All the best, Nell.
Thank you Nell, I appreciate your response. Ok, now to get some fire under hubby's but to get the stuff to them!

Again, congrats and a happy landing! :D

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Congratulations to everybody who received good news.

I'm still waiting.... :(

Dralon and Sauga, is it worth contacting the MP? I'm at 6 and half months now...Not sure if I should just wait a little longer, or take action. this is getting ridiculous at how long we are having to wait :(

S

SaugaBoss

kerianne said:
Congratulations to everybody who received good news.

I'm still waiting.... :(

Dralon and Sauga, is it worth contacting the MP? I'm at 6 and half months now...Not sure if I should just wait a little longer, or take action. this is getting ridiculous at how long we are having to wait :(
i would give it a try it doesnt hurt... i hope one of us 3 get it next! this wait is ridiculous

adetia9

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
USA Outland - Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
03-05-2010
Med's Done....
30-11-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
So, all my documents are in, and now I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now, except more impatient waiting?
I emailed Buffalo to confirm that they had everything they needed to which I received a nice form letter saying they do not confirm receipt of items.

Hopefully I'll hear something soon, ... or should there be something I'm doing in the meantime?

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
How long is it taking people to receive their PR card. I landed on Oct 14th and nothing yet. Anyone have an estimate for me?

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
Vervain said:
How long is it taking people to receive their PR card. I landed on Oct 14th and nothing yet. Anyone have an estimate for me?
I landed on September 28th and just received my PR card today in the mail. The card is dated November 2nd though...

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
Thanks! I think I remember hearing 4-6 weeks. At first when I landed I could not care less about getting the actual card. Now I am anxious to have it.