Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
USA2BCCANADA said:
Nyssa- Send your passport out now!
I sent mine via express mail from Oregon to Buffalo and put a prepaid return express mail envelope and had it back in 6 business days. It cost 36 bucks total and it gave me piece of mind that it was trackable, had to have a signature, and I knew it wasn't sitting around in the post office somewhere collecting dust :)

Congrats!
I'm from Oregon too! What part of Canada are you planning on moving too? I'm in BC :)

SaugaBoss said:
this forum makes me more depressed! day after day more PPR's for a lot of people who applied after me :'(

so many 2 monthers :( if i dont get my PPR by Halloween im going to officially hate Canada :mad: :mad: :mad:

i feel like ill be left behind for months and months and watch everyone else progress :'(
I'm right there with you...BOOO. (even though I'm up in BC "visiting" I still hate that I'm not legal up here yet! UGH. I'm almost the last standing from APRIL!)

heatherusa said:
Is it weird that I log in to ecas just to look at the words "Decision Made" even though I don't know what the decision actually is. Anyone else do that?
No, I check mine obsessively..I've actually kind of almost given up on checking it...speaking of which..maybe I should check it right now..lol

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
kerianne said:
I'm from Oregon too! What part of Canada are you planning on moving too? I'm in BC :)

I'm right there with you...BOOO. (even though I'm up in BC "visiting" I still hate that I'm not legal up here yet! UGH. I'm almost the last standing from APRIL!)

No, I check mine obsessively..I've actually kind of almost given up on checking it...speaking of which..maybe I should check it right now..lol
Too funny... now i keep opening the email request for my husbands passport that he forwarded to me. Yeah I am a teeny tiny bit obsessive. Hee Hee

On a positive note, I am leaving Edmonton on the 15th to go back to Michigan for the rest of our stuff and my HUSBAND! Woohoo. I am looking forward to seeing my friends again.

USA2BCCANADA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2010
Oregon, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2010
AOR Received.
01-09-2010
Med's Done....
01-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-9-2010
VISA ISSUED...
1-10-2010
LANDED..........
30-11-2010
kerianne said:

Yay, another Oregonian :) I'll be moving up to BC but on Vancouver island in December. What part are you in?

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heatherusa said:
I hope they are open on the 12th because my husband is going to drive there and pick up his visa. Anyone else thinking of going there on Tuesday?
We're going on Thursday, 14th...I couldn't take time off on Tues....would've been nice, though....

Kenomee

Aug 19, 2010
Oregon, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
16-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2010
Med's Done....
13-08-2010
Interview........
Waived - Jan 20
Passport Req..
25-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
A third one from Oregon (my wife that is!) we live in the Eugene area; we're planning on going to Nova Scotia where my family is. If everything gets approved, we're taking our two boys and going on a cross-Canada drive...gonna see as much as we can because when we get home, it'll be back to work!

wmaitner

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cherlyn said:
Are they working on October 12 at Buffalo? I want to go in person there instead to send my passport in.
And as I know Monday is Canadian Holiday but I hope they can serve me on the 12.
Any opinion?
I'll be there for October 12th, so they better be open.. Who's up for post Visa coffee break?

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
USA2BCCANADA & Kenomee: I'm from Gresham, OR. Moving to Abbotsford, BC. Crazy that there are so many Oregonians! A cross Canadian road trip...I've never even done that in the US! Have fun!

I can't sleep right now. I'm soooo stressed about the paperwork. UGH. I know I shouldn't be...but after seeing everybody else get PPRs so quickly is very frustrating. I want to be back in school sooo bad. And if I do not get my pre-reqs started by January in BC, I will have to postpone yet another year to apply for dental hygiene school...Which makes me VERY upset and frustrated in soo many ways.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Crossing my fingers and toes!! ???

USA2BCCANADA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2010
Oregon, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2010
AOR Received.
01-09-2010
Med's Done....
01-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-9-2010
VISA ISSUED...
1-10-2010
LANDED..........
30-11-2010
Kerianne- I'm from Hillsboro...not too far away :) Funny thing is we were going to move to Abbotsford (cause that is where my husband was working) but then he found a job on the island and that is where his family lives so we decided to go for it. If you ever get a chance to go there, GO....it is so beautiful!

Try not to stress, although that is easier to say than do, but a PPR comes when you least expect it! I was crying over the whole thing just like 2 days before my PPR came. I thought it was going to take forever, I thought my application wasn't good enough and our son just wanted to see his dad, etc. Literally, I woke up one morning and it said decision made and then 20 minutes later I got a PPR through email.....it can all change so quickly. Keep your head up, it will all work out :)

I'll even cross my fingers and toes for ya :)

S

SaugaBoss

kerianne said:
USA2BCCANADA & Kenomee: I'm from Gresham, OR. Moving to Abbotsford, BC. Crazy that there are so many Oregonians! A cross Canadian road trip...I've never even done that in the US! Have fun!

I can't sleep right now. I'm soooo stressed about the paperwork. UGH. I know I shouldn't be...but after seeing everybody else get PPRs so quickly is very frustrating. I want to be back in school sooo bad. And if I do not get my pre-reqs started by January in BC, I will have to postpone yet another year to apply for dental hygiene school...Which makes me VERY upset and frustrated in soo many ways.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Crossing my fingers and toes!! ???
im also in Canada and it is frustrating :mad: the buffalo office is 1.5 hours from where im moving to I just want to go there! one of the MPs replied to my emails and is going to inquire on my behalf lets see what she says hopefully something good happens soooooon!

Dralon did u ever contact ur MP?

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
I guess I can come and introduce myself now. I'm Angel, and my application is now in Buffalo (outland). Hopefully they'll begin processing it next week, since it seems they've been opening them approximately two weeks after receiving sponsorship approval.

I am hoping my application goes quickly, because it is getting harder every day to be 1000+ miles away from my husband. :(

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
any news anyone ... ?

wpg_30

Aug 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2010
AOR Received.
21-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
26-03-2010
Interview........
Waived (05-01-2011)
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
Hi guys, my first post here. A bit of background: I am sponsoring my wife. We both live together in the US (I'm a Canadian Citizen and working in the US on a work visa). We got married in Feb 2009 and she came to the US as my dependent. We have a son together. Now I'm wondering if I sent strong enough evidence of relationship with my application. I mean I did send a few wedding photos, documents showing that she is on my dependent visa in the US, that we are living together (showing addresses on the drivers licenses) and the birth certificate of our son showing our names. I did not have chat logs or phone calls history because at that time, I wasnt aware if all that will be needed for the immigration application. I just thought that having a baby together itself should be a good enough proof. The application has been in Buffalo since July 15. I guess it has only been there for about 3 months but I'm still nervous if I didnt send enough information. Do you think I attached enough details? Can I send them more evidence now?

We sent the RPRF, medicals, FBI/police clearance with the application. My wife is originally from Pakistan and we included the police clearance from there as well. Will the process take longer because they have to run the background checks there?

S

SaugaBoss

wpg_30 said:
Hi guys, my first post here. A bit of background: I am sponsoring my wife. We both live together in the US (I'm a Canadian Citizen and working in the US on a work visa). We got married in Feb 2009 and she came to the US as my dependent. We have a son together. Now I'm wondering if I sent strong enough evidence of relationship with my application. I mean I did send a few wedding photos, documents showing that she is on my dependent visa in the US, that we are living together (showing addresses on the drivers licenses) and the birth certificate of our son showing our names. I did not have chat logs or phone calls history because at that time, I wasnt aware if all that will be needed for the immigration application. I just thought that having a baby together itself should be a good enough proof. The application has been in Buffalo since July 15. I guess it has only been there for about 3 months but I'm still nervous if I didnt send enough information. Do you think I attached enough details? Can I send them more evidence now?

We sent the RPRF, medicals, FBI/police clearance with the application. My wife is originally from Pakistan and we included the police clearance from there as well. Will the process take longer because they have to run the background checks there?
did buffalo send u an email stating they r conducting background checks?

i thought thats wat was slowing my app down because i went to pakistan a couple times jus to visit. but i wasnt born or never worked there ever! visited less than 1 month every time. but then i figured it cant be bc i have no association beside my parents were born there but now they r American citizens... i cant even get a police certificate from pak at least i dont think i can

but for ur case it could be that ur wife was born there makes them do extended background checks...just a thought

wpg_30

Aug 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2010
AOR Received.
21-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
26-03-2010
Interview........
Waived (05-01-2011)
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
SaugaBoss said:
did buffalo send u an email stating they r conducting background checks?
No. They did not provide the fine details of what is being done. All I know is that the application is 'In process' since July 15.

Another question: Since I am living in the US, who will be my MP in case I need some help? Will that the the MP from the area I used to live in before moving to the US?

CaraPK

Apr 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-10
Doc's Request.
19-08-2010
AOR Received.
12-08-2010
File Transfer...
17-06-10
Med's Done....
10-05-10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-10
LANDED..........
28-11-10
Hi all,

I need some advice and/or reassurance.

I'd posted a while back about not knowinf how to get my Israeli police clearance sent from Tel Aviv to Buffalo. I managed to reach the Canadian Embassy in Tel Aviv by email, and they confirmed that they had my clearance, and sent it by registered mail to Buffalo on Sept 5th. Sounds good, right?

The problem is that I can't find any record of it with the US postal service. The tracking number doesn't exist in the system. But I know it's the right tracking number, because the Israeli website confirms that it was sent to the US over a month ago.

I emailed Buffalo, but got the standard email response that they can't confirm receipt of documents. The immigration phone number is just an automated message.

This document is the last one needed to complete my file. And I have no way of knowing if it's already in Buffalo or if it got lost somewhere crossing the Atlantic and I need to go through the process of getting a new one.

Does anyone have any advice? I really don't know how to clear this up?

Thanks,
Cara