waived
Passport Req..
18-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2010
LANDED..........
22-06-2010
SCsquare said:
Hi everybody.. I too belong here.. but i think I may be the only one who applied in 2009 and still stuck in Buffalo
Don't worry SCsquare, you're not alone!

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
Hey SCsquare,

I see you have an interview scheduled and I am wondering how complex is your case? Anyone else that going thru Buffalo ended up needing an interview?

Thanks!!

SCsquare said:
Hi everybody.. I too belong here.. but i think I may be the only one who applied in 2009 and still stuck in Buffalo

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
SCsquare said:
care to share some background and details of your case so that we can get an idea of what is going on?

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have two pieces of mail from Buffalo being sent to me (we just moved so a family member is sending the letters to us.) Can't wait to see what they say. ECAS hasn't been updated for me. I should have the letters by the end of the week. Hopefully good news.

SCsquare

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28th 2009
AOR Received.
Dec 9th 2009
File Transfer...
Nov 17th 2009
Med's Done....
Aug 15th 2009
Interview........
July 21st 2010
Passport Req..
July 21st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 21st 2010
LANDED..........
July 30th 2010
hey Guys.. yes an interview has been scheduled for us for July 21st...

A little background on our case... 1st marriage for both of us... age gap of 2 yrs... both of us r in late 20's.. both are indian citizens.. Hubby is a Canadian PR who is sponsoring me.. I m in US on work visa
1st Met - Feb 08
Hubby became PR - Apr 08
I applied for TRV of Canada (My brother was in Canada on Student visa) - July 08 - Got rejected - reason insufficient funds n family ties
Engaged n Married - Aug 08
Started staying together in US - Oct 08
Joint account Created - Oct 08
Hubby moved to canada - Jun 09
Joint Credit Card account created - Jun 09
Applied for my PR - Aug 09
n the rest u knw

we had sent ample proofs of our genuine relationship... 80-100 pics of marraige n after marraige pics.. wedding invitation cards... credit card statements.. apt lease... phone records.. mail n chat records.. flight itenary of trips taken together... but all those proofs did not satisfy the IO it seems

we recently received our caips notes in which the IO has written his concerns.. the IO has 2 concerns in my case...

1) When i had applied for my TRV in July 08.. I had not written anything about my impending marraige...
reason - I couldn't have written anything since i wasn't engaged to him then.. we got engaged n married on the same day in Aug 08
proof - I have got a copy of my brother's passport with Canadian visa n stamp showing that he was in Canada for that period of time when I had applied for the visa... I also have pics and receipts of our engagement and marriage showing that it occured in the Month of Aug 08

2) I applied for my Credit Card in the Month of Jun 09 jst after my husband moved to canada.. IO's concern being Y would we do that since my husband was moving..
reason - My name was added in the bank account in Oct 08.. as soon as I joined him in US... But I could not apply for my credit card since I had no credit history in US... before my husband moved to canada i was using his credit card for all shopping as there was no need at that time.. I started my job on may 26th 09.. thus I could apply for a credit card after that... n since my hubby was also leaving that time we thought that it was best that I should have a seperate CC for myself since i could get one now..
Mistake - While sending the application we only sent the letter recieved in Jun 09 by the bank stating that my name has been added in the CC account in Jun 09... we did not send a letter that name had been added to the bank account in Oct 08
proof - I am getting a letter from the bank stating that my name had been added on the bank account in Oct 08.. I am also getting bank account statements for that period showing it...

Do let me know if I could collect any other proofs to support my reason.. Thanks for ur help..

citlalli

Jun 9, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2010
Doc's Request.
18-10-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
18-06-2010
Hello,

I just post a question, but here maybe you can help me!
How do I know if I can apply outland via Buffalo

I have been lawfully admitted to Canada for more than 1 year, and to the US I have tourist US visa from 05-15 but I don't know if I need to be lawfully admitted in Canada or in US to apply in Buffalo,
I'm Mexican citizen .

Thank you!

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citlalli said:
Hello,

I just post a question, but here maybe you can help me!
How do I know if I can apply outland via Buffalo

I have been lawfully admitted to Canada for more than 1 year, and to the US I have tourist US visa from 05-15 but I don't know if I need to be lawfully admitted in Canada or in US to apply in Buffalo,
I'm Mexican citizen .

Thank you!
Either you have been lawfully admitted in Canada or U.S. for a year is fine. You can apply through Buffalo. When I say lawfully admitted, I mean you have to reside in Canada or U.S. legally for one year.

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I recieved my copy of IMM 1017 back (my DMP didn't give it to me until after I sent my app) I think I sent it to Buffalo too early as I got a letter back with the form that says that there wasn't a file there, then a couple of days later, I got a letter from Buffalo that said that they recieved my file and are processing it (they also sent my file number in label form to attach to any correspondence). Is it okay to fax the form or should I overnight it?

Also, if anyone is on a TRV in BC you can get a BC ID/Drivers license if the visa doesn't expire within 6 months. I just got mine a couple of days ago and I was able to use my married name (haven't been able to change my name on anything since being in Canada). So, I'll also try to update the Buffalo office of my name change.

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
Hi all,

Just a short update, when I returned home yesterday from visiting my husband, had a nice surprise in the mailbox, the sponsorship approval letter,dated, May 25, 2010, and my E-cas is now working too.

Things are looking up!! ;D :p

adetia9

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
USA Outland - Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
03-05-2010
Med's Done....
30-11-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
Nej said:
i have two pieces of mail from Buffalo being sent to me (we just moved so a family member is sending the letters to us.) Can't wait to see what they say. ECAS hasn't been updated for me. I should have the letters by the end of the week. Hopefully good news.
I'm in the same boat -- waiting impatiently! (again!) hehe :)

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
hiii everybuddy

i just sent email for verify what s goin on about my application they just replied to me today and said :

We have requested information about your background to other government offices. Unfortunately, we can not provide

the date on which processing of your application will be completed .

please please please if somone has an idea about that

just a notice : application statr processin by november and still waitin till now ( they already have everthing they need and they never ask for anything ) ( wife ponsor me ).

please some help

thanx and good luck to everybuddy

silverbee

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
August 15, 2010
Passport Req..
November 9, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
Hi everyone!

I'm just about to mail in my application.

I just have a question about the Proof of Relationship for a common-law relationship. My boyfriend who is Canadian is sponsoring me - we've been living together for 2.5 years and dating for 3.5.

I am including:
A 25-page narrative with pictures inserted (in Word) with captions with about 50-60 pictures total.
Joint Lease
Joint bank account
Joint adoption for our dog (no kids...)
Joint travel: E-tickets (and only two boarding passes from him - who keeps these?)
TONS of mail to our address together, including government, bank, phone, friends, cards to each other, bills, hydro, etc.
Phone Records shoring our correspondence the few times we were away and also when we were together
Emails between the two of us
List of gifts

Plus a Cover Letter which includes a relationship narrative with names of friends/family met, etc. and when I came to canada, etc., plus a table of contents to all addendums.

We are also including TWO Statutory Declarations and two emails from friends/family supporting our relationship. Is that enough?

I guess my question is, does my sponsor need to include something, too? There are no more pictures left of the two of us that I have not used so I'm not sure what he should do. Should he write a narrative, too?

Thank you for your help!

abcone

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks,

I'm new to this thread, recently I just post a sponsorship application for my spouse @ CPC-Mississauga.

Sponsoring Type US (Outland)
Application post via x-presspost date: June 14, 2010
Application received: June 15, 2010

Please keep updating this thread folks.

Thanks!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
silverbee said:
I guess my question is, does my sponsor need to include something, too? There are no more pictures left of the two of us that I have not used so I'm not sure what he should do. Should he write a narrative, too?
Yes, the sponsor needs to write a narrative to attach to his part of the application.