waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
Congrats. So your e-cas changed to "decision made" before you got the PPR email? I just heard about someone on another thread with another VO have his e-cas go to decision made and he still has not received PPR, so this is an interesting set of events given that we often hear about people landing and not having e-cas go to "decision made" until months later. I guess CIC is playing around with it now.
I was under the impression Buffalo was doing decision made status updates when they issued COPR. Mine didn't change to decision made until after they'd received my passport. Another person on here recently mentioned his/hers changed to decision made the same date as her COPR.

imp

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2011
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2011
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
Congrats. So your e-cas changed to "decision made" before you got the PPR email? I just heard about someone on another thread with another VO have his e-cas go to decision made and he still has not received PPR, so this is an interesting set of events given that we often hear about people landing and not having e-cas go to "decision made" until months later. I guess CIC is playing around with it now.
No my ecas still says In Process and looks exactly the same as it did when it changed in December. I had noticed on the spreadsheet that quite a few people lately that were getting their PPR about a month after they were in process and I was hoping I'd be one of those as well and it seems I've lucked out. I am wondering if my file was transferred and I was never notified because it says my visa can only be issued at the Detroit office. This works perfectly for me though because I'm originally from Michigan so I can get a family visit in and pick up all my things if we decide to go to the office instead of going through mail. :D

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Quince777 said:
Maybe his/her fees are higher since she'll be paying for additional lab tests. I called a few DMPs before seeing one and was surprised at differences in their fees and of course I went to the one who had lowest fee.
Wait, what? I can't believe I just assumed they all charged the same thing! I wonder if I got cheated or not...I ended up paying $210 CDN (if I recall correctly) at the DMP I saw in Montreal. Is that over/under what you paid?

Btw, I think you can actually go back and see the doctors if you want to know how things turned out. Or maybe mine was just being nice, but I had initially seen the doctor when I thought I was doing an inland application. Shortly thereafter I learned how much easier an out land application was, and decided to do that. I had to go back to see him just so he could take the out land medical exam form, attach my photo and sign it. While I was there though I asked how my exam had turned out. He didn't take time to go into details, but he informed me that I had a clean bill of health. Wonder if they're normally allowed to do that or if he felt bad that I'd made a second trip to Montreal just for that darn form.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$210 is not alot for an immigration medical. I paid about that much or maybe a bit more. I think my main criteria in picking a DMP was who could schedule the appointment earliest, then cost.
AmericaninQuebec said:
Wait, what? I can't believe I just assumed they all charged the same thing! I wonder if I got cheated or not...I ended up paying $210 CDN (if I recall correctly) at the DMP I saw in Montreal. Is that over/under what you paid?

Btw, I think you can actually go back and see the doctors if you want to know how things turns out. Or maybe mine was just being nice, but I had initially seen the doctor when I thought I was doing an inland application. Shortly thereafter I learned how much easier an out land application was, and decided to do that. I had to go back to see him just so he could take the out land medical exam form, attach my photo and sign it. While I was there though I asked how my exam had turned out. He didn't take time to go into details, but he informed me that I had a clean bill of health. Wonder if they're normally allowed to do that or if he felt bad that I'd made a second trip to Montreal just for that darn form.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ah ok, why did I think I read "decision made" when you wrote "in process"? Yeah, that's the same observation I made about how processing has tended to progress most recently after e-cas goes to "in process" (and specifically, after responding to a docs request) but apparently I haven't lucked out at all since I went to in process November 13th and am nowhere near done, from the looks of my latest GCMS notes. ::) It still holds true that historically, the gaps between in process and PPR are all over the place. And yeah, it looks like they transferred it to Detroit and forgot to tell you. ::)
imp said:
No my ecas still says In Process and looks exactly the same as it did when it changed in December. I had noticed on the spreadsheet that quite a few people lately that were getting their PPR about a month after they were in process and I was hoping I'd be one of those as well and it seems I've lucked out. I am wondering if my file was transferred and I was never notified because it says my visa can only be issued at the Detroit office. This works perfectly for me though because I'm originally from Michigan so I can get a family visit in and pick up all my things if we decide to go to the office instead of going through mail. :D

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
I dont take anything to heart that ecas says.I went to in process Sept 7th and still nothing.I even got another update yesterday medicals recieved and there already passed.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indeed. Yeah, I've got several meds received updates from the tracker too (probably not the 58 or something that amaranth ended up having, but still) despite the fact that that assessment reads "passed" in my GCMS.
Calgary-Bound said:
I dont take anything to heart that ecas says.I went to in process Sept 7th and still nothing.I even got another update yesterday medicals recieved and there already passed.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
That's really not a bad cost at all. I paid $250 for mine, plus $11 or so for the blood work, and then I believe $42 for the chest x-ray.

As for a choice in DMPs, that was what I didn't have as there's only one DMP in the Soo. However, I did get in a week after I called for an appointment, so I really can't complain.

ddobro2 said:
$210 is not alot for an immigration medical. I paid about that much or maybe a bit more. I think my main criteria in picking a DMP was who could schedule the appointment earliest, then cost.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
mjh49783aa said:
That's really not a bad cost at all. I paid $250 for mine, plus $11 or so for the blood work, and then I believe $42 for the chest x-ray.

As for a choice in DMPs, that was what I didn't have as there's only one DMP in the Soo. However, I did get in a week after I called for an appointment, so I really can't complain.
They charged you extra for all of that? Wow, turns out my DMP in the shady clinic on Mont-Royal was a bargain. No wonder there must have been at least 15 or 20 people there for immigration exams every time I went in.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to the Clinique de Médecine Industrielle on Saith Cath near the Concordia campus. It wasn't that bad, but as you can tell from the name, not a small family practice. I recall they charged me $30 more for doing outland; I didn't really care to argue at that point.
AmericaninQuebec said:
They charged you extra for all of that? Wow, turns out my DMP in the shady clinic on Mont-Royal was a bargain. No wonder there must have been at least 15 or 20 people there for immigration exams every time I went in.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mjh49783aa said:

My husband managed to get everything done for $170 (or maybe $165?) in Toronto. Having said that, I've also seen as high as $550 for DMPs in certain locations. So anything in the $200's range is good.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Well, I could've went downstate to a DMP down in Metro Detroit, and get it done on the US side, but that guy wanted over $1000 just to do it! I wasn't going to drive over 350 miles and pay that! No freaking way! :eek:

I just feel lucky paying what I did when I had nowhere else in town to go.
ddobro2 said:
I went to the Clinique de Médecine Industrielle on Saith Cath near the Concordia campus. It wasn't that bad, but as you can tell from the name, not a small family practice. I recall they charged me $30 more for doing outland; I didn't really care to argue at that point.
scylla said:
My husband managed to get everything done for $170 (or maybe $165?) in Toronto. Having said that, I've also seen as high as $550 for DMPs in certain locations. So anything in the $200's range is good.
AmericaninQuebec said:

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
I went to the Clinique Médicale Luso on Mont-Royal and St. Laurent. It appears to serve mostly the Portuguese and Hispanic populations nearby, as well as those doing immigration exams. It's not the most affluent clinic I've ever seen, and they did require payment in cash, but at least they got the job done.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
When I got my exam done In the US it cost me $355.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buffalo isn't off for MLK, Jr. day apparently, so they're free to continue their glacial pace of (not) finalizing files.