Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Yeah I know my app isnt the longest but I could take the record for Buffalo if they keep it up.I actualy was just trying to lighten things up aroud here actualy.Just trying to give people something to laugh about instead of stressing about the process.You are correct about the last sentence like I said just trying to lighten things up.I hope everyone has an awesome xmas.

ddobro2 said:
I can't believe Mississauga did its thang in 2 weeks back in the day during February. And to think, it hasn't helped you in the slightest because there have been people who applied in June, Mississauga did its thang (sorry, I did it again) in 2 MONTHS, Buffalo got it around August, and they've already been done for awhile.

You don't have the longest running file so far though. Remember chess101 who took around a year or ndbella who I think is waiting since September or something? There's a woman sponsoring through the Rabat VO that has been waiting for 4.5 years. I would absolutely die. Seriously though, you have every right in the world to be pissed. I take it the last sentence was kind of influenced by U.S. campaign season? ;)

Another Friday, and another PPR-less week for me. Thank you so much, Buffalo. You really know how to make the season bright.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know you were, it was kinda funny the way you wrote it so sarcastically. Funny and sad, that is. Have a good x-mas and let's hope our immigration officers are feeling the spirit as well.
Calgary-Bound said:
Yeah I know my app isnt the longest but I could take the record for Buffalo if they keep it up.I actualy was just trying to lighten things up aroud here actualy.Just trying to give people something to laugh about instead of stressing about the process.You are correct about the last sentence like I said just trying to lighten things up.I hope everyone has an awesome xmas.

Jojo12

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
File Transfer...
02-24-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Calgary-Bound said:
My file transfer was Feb.24th so I consider tomorrow my 10 month mark woohoo.Im going for the all time Buffalo record for the longest running app ever.So if everyone could wish me luck on my goal it would be greatly appreciated and I appreciate your support.

This message was brought to you by another poor soul who is getting taken through the ringer by Buffalo and I approve this message. ;D
Same time line they recieved my own on the same date

Rouge

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Passport Req..
19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
yooper said:
If the 11 mos. is the time listed for processing of the application for permanent residence, then I believe that it refers to the time to process the application for permanent residence -- that is after sponsorship approval. There's a separate time for processing the sponsorship application (was around 30 days when I applied.)

Why do you care about this particular timeline?
I was curious and it's starting to feel like its taking forever!
Thanks

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't think that way. You only had it transferred to Buffalo in mid-November, after all.
Rouge said:
Thanks

Hobby

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reading the thread to scope out some opinion on whether the good folk at Buffalo would be working on our applications next week, even if for a part week.

So far, it seems that only one person touched on that musing and figured, 'no'. Is there a way for us to find out? Be it far from me to crack a whip over someone who's horribly overworked (and lets face it, they totally are - Canada takes in quite a few applications for permanent residency for the workforce it assigns to such a role), and yet I am morbidly curious to find out if there will be any people pressing pen to paper, so to speak.

I truly wish that there were more Visa Officers that would post in the forums. I have enjoyed reading what I have from the "other side of the fence" to this point. The picture that seems to be painted is a cube farm, with people having their own work lists busily hacking away at them. They have many different things going at any given time and the weight and responsibility is heavy on their shoulders. Sure, you have the miscreants. There are always a few of those in any office. However, from what I understand of it we are just each dealing with an overworked person slogging through endless paperwork going, "Geez, I hope my decision on this one is accurate!" Mainly good folk trying to do the best job they can under the circumstances.

My career has had jobs like that. Oh, not Government. I have been a work list manager in a few bureaucratic private companies. Constantly overworked in each of them, even during quieter times.
The one company would give each person of my position 20 cases to work on each day during "busy season" even though we could sincerely process only about 12 to 15 a day. They did not have/chose not to have the budget to hire more folk and so the people of my community had to be quite Hm... creative in how they cared for the overwhelming caseload.

Some of us would just hardline. They would have the "NO!" stamps out and so would be able to minimize their work load that way. Some would avoid work via nefarious means. These were the miscreants. They would figure out ways to divert their responsibilities to their fellow workers, or otherwise figure out how to NOT work.

Others, like me, would spend as little time as possible actually TALKING to the folks that I was helping. I would be ever so diligent doing the DO of the work, but I really had little to no love of folk who would constantly call/write/email/fax me. I would be as polite as pie, ab so lute ly, but at the same time I was thinking, "I HAVE ANOTHER 19 FOLK TODAY THAT I HAVE TO HELP: DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?" lol. Call me "Buffalo" to some degree. heh. I have no issues with folk who need to know, to contact, etc, by the way. Don't think I'm pointing. Just sharing what was happening in my life at the time.

Others would not know how to handle their work lists. Folk would languish for weeks, months even, until "busy season" was over, sometimes literally forgotten for that amount of time. Because we were so strapped for working people, we'd just let those folk deal with their lists as best they could. Folk who could dispatch their loads helped those who struggled (except for those that deliberately did as little work as possible). Burned out the more efficient folk, I tell you! That job, although QUITE challenging, was rewarding too. Pay was crap for what I did, but it was edifying. During "busy season" we would all dream of "slower season" where we could spend time with the people we were helping. During "slow season" I did not feel as pushed to rush folk off the phone and I would write 'personable' emails to them, would go into length with faxed requests, etc. I had a space more breathing room and so would take the time to really connect with my clientele.

Buffalo does not have 'slow season'. They seem to have busy, busier, busiest. Again, would LOVE to hear from some of the Immigration Officers from their perspective. Would love to see what they see, so to speak. I'm willing to bet that the scenario I have just played with would be fairly accurate.

To those who celebrate it: Merry Christmas! To those who don't : HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ANYWAY. ^^

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
Rouge said:
Thanks
Your are most welcome.

I have found this forum to be very soothing, and helpful to me in understanding that I'm not alone in the waiting, waiting for something that of course is very important to me in creating a new life.

The reason that I wrote as I did -- and I hope I wasn't insensitive -- was that the time to decision doesn't seem to have very much to do with 11 months from the applicant's perspective. If you look through the forum, and see ddobro2's great spreadsheet, you'll see that most decision dates are less than 11 months. Your mileage of course will vary, but I hope that its true for you. Do a little looking back in this thread -- or as I did a whole lot -- and there's a lot of information about timelines.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you and to all on this thread -- or as you celebrate in your realm. And thanks for all the camaraderie through the process!

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
yooper said:
Your are most welcome.

I have found this forum to be very soothing, and helpful to me in understanding that I'm not alone in the waiting, waiting for something that of course is very important to me in creating a new life.

The reason that I wrote as I did -- and I hope I wasn't insensitive -- was that the time to decision doesn't seem to have very much to do with 11 months from the applicant's perspective. If you look through the forum, and see ddobro2's great spreadsheet, you'll see that most decision dates are less than 11 months. Your mileage of course will vary, but I hope that its true for you. Do a little looking back in this thread -- or as I did a whole lot -- and there's a lot of information about timelines.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you and to all on this thread -- or as you celebrate in your realm. And thanks for all the camaraderie through the process!
The 11 month figure is when 80% of the applications will be processed. So the vast majority will be done before that. Gives us hope

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
rjessome said:
Send your most recent tax return from the IRS. Yes, your wife must complete the medical before submitting the application. She will get a receipt that must be included in the application package. And she fills out the Appendix C in the Region Specific Guide and takes it to the exam with her. She will get the receipt of the exam as soon as it is completed. Results are forwarded to the Regional Medical Officer in Ottawa for medicals done in the US.

Did you read the checklist? It describes what identity and civil status documents are required.
Thanks a Lot! but i have worked in USA and havent worked in canada yet. Do I send my US tax return?

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
yooper said:
As regards the 'notice of assessment', in addition to the reply you already received, I think it would be wise for you to consider why they are asking this question. I believe that they are looking to make sure that you (sponsor) can support the applicant. The application and the sponsors pledge all talk about the need for the sponsor to guarantee that the applicant will not become a burden to Canada's welfare system. Thus you might want to include a memoradum under that item that explains your financial picture and how you can fulfill the obligations to support.

On the medical --- note that you do not receive any medical results. They are sent directly to CIC. You only receive a receipt that you must include with application. You never see or know the results of the tests. There's more on this if you search around this forum.
Thanks a lot!

canuckofchicago

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2011
Doc's Request.
06-10-2011
AOR Received.
08-07-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me how long it takes from when Buffalo/Mississauga receive the final RPFP (paid when requested) to issuing the PR? I sent both offices via expresspost the receipt of the paid they were received on the 9th of November. Then I followed up with an email and got a response saying that the receipt will be posted and that was around the 22nd of November.

Any insight would be great.

Richard

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
canuckofchicago said:
Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me how long it takes from when Buffalo/Mississauga receive the final RPFP (paid when requested) to issuing the PR? I sent both offices via expresspost the receipt of the paid they were received on the 9th of November. Then I followed up with an email and got a response saying that the receipt will be posted and that was around the 22nd of November.

Any insight would be great.

Richard
It can take up to six weeks for the RPFP to be processed (if you pay it when request it rather than at the beginning of the process with the other fees). I would add on another two weeks to that six given the time of year and the fact there are several holiday days (plus days when there are likely fewer staff in the office). So you should be almost there...

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
Is the RPFP fee the same as the receipt you include at the beginning of the application? Or is it another fee on top of that original fee?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
cantor2537 said:
Is the RPFP fee the same as the receipt you include at the beginning of the application? Or is it another fee on top of that original fee?
You can chose to include the RPFP with your original fee payment or pay it when asked later on in the process. (The former is the recommended route since waiting to pay later typically adds weeks to the processing time.)

How much did you pay at the beginning? If you paid $1040 - then you included the RPFP. If you paid less, then at some point you will be asked to pay the RPFP on top of what you paid originallly.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It has nothing to do with the receipt. The RPRF or landing fee is the additional $490 you pay to add to the first two fees you paid, the sponsorship fee and the fee for the principal applicant. And yes, you have to submit a receipt as proof as that is the only way they can link it to your file.
cantor2537 said: