Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
What's the last thing you did to try to get info on the staus of the processing? And what was the result?
Despite interview was waived in September. We ordered Caipnote and everything in it seen alright and Received/accessed. But we sent them an email inquiry over 2weeks ago but got a response that our file is awaiting review, and no further action is required by us. Is like we going to be waiting much longer not tho depending on who is in-charge of our application. I wish they could make us smile/dance like everyone on here..lol

janamay1967

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Houston Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2011
Nomination.....
18-04-2011
AOR Received.
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2011
ddobro2 said:
Great, congrats! So you don't even have to make an appointment for the inland office?
I just got off the phone with immigration and found out that the wait time for an appointment in Calgary is 8 weeks!!! LOL what a joke! We will definitely be going shopping in Great Falls, Montana this weekend!

It is so ridiculous that they offer it as a choice and then make it impossible!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then you might want to send another email, to the special email address that they don't publish, to point out and ask why, since GCMS says many of the assessments were passed, why the file continues to await review. AmericaninQuebec sent such an email to point out the discrepancy between her GCMS notes saying her medicals were received in July and the IO responding to her that they were still waiting for the medicals from Ottawa as late as November 26, and she got her PPR about a week later.

Eddy070 said:
Despite interview was waived in September. We ordered Caipnote and everything in it seen alright and Received/accessed. But we sent them an email inquiry over 2weeks ago but got a response that our file is awaiting review, and no further action is required by us. Is like we going to be waiting much longer not tho depending on who is in-charge of our application. I wish they could make us smile/dance like everyone on here..lol

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
Then you might want to send another email, to the special email address that they don't publish, to point out and ask why, since GCMS says many of the assessments were passed, why the file continues to await review. AmericaninQuebec sent such an email to point out the discrepancy between her GCMS notes saying her medicals were received in July and the IO responding to her that they were still waiting for the medicals from Ottawa as late as November 26, and she got her PPR about a week later.
Thanks for the courage we will just go ahead and send another inquiry just don't want them to feel like we bugging them!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep, you're on. Congrats.
doghouse said:
Hi ddobro, can you please add me to your spreadsheet. My info is in my signature. Thanks! I just got sponsorship approval in the mail today (dated nov 30). Yay!

Congrats to American in Quebec! I hope there will be a lot of per this week.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's "her" and you're just too sweet, Bargeld :)
Bargeld said:
Good luck with the PPR's this week!

Sometimes I check to see if ddobro has his/her PPR. :p

Anyhow, I wonder how long one should wait for their PR card before contacting the CIC? I've been told a variety of things as far as waiting for the card is concerned -- 1 month, 3 months, 2-4 weeks.. crazy.

Going for xmas to see family in Detroit, our infant will be using her Canadian long form birth certificate at the border until we stop being lazy and go to the embassy/consulate to get her US citizenship.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting, maybe Matthew C. needs to polish that thing up a little. However, I do think that e-cas tracker is at its most useful when people just applied and are loath to sit around (for now, two months) and not hear anything from Mississauga besides what they can hopefully determine from their tracking number from the post office (that it was indeed delivered). Soon after they get their sponsorship approval (although some fall through the cracks.....everthing's possible in the world of immigration), they begin fretting over signing into e-cas because they want to see the sponsorship decision up there and the receipt at the VO. The tracker really saves them the compulsive checking to see if they can sign in. It's true that it becomes slightly less useful later on. But yeah, looks like there are some bugs to be worked out there.
Stumpedmom said:
Congrats AmericaninQuebec....

I am still around....keeping track of the March spreadsheet and cheering you all on!!!

Have I got a funny story for you all...I got 6 ecas tracker updates...November 30 x3...that there has been a change and a decision has been made....well duh...hubs landed Sept 3.

December 1x3, your ecas tracker has been deactivated as there has been a decision made....well duh...again it was deactivated in early Sept. The decision made showed up on Aug 19....

Guess the tracker is just as reliable as Ecas itself!!!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
rjessome said:
You can't use Xpress post to mail back to Canada from Buffalo. Just send it to Fort Erie. It really doesn't take all that long (most times). And congrats.
Yeah, that's what I did about an hour ago. I figured I should just follow the instructions and stop worrying if it is going to take a day or 2 longer this way. :)

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
yooper said:
Maybe there will be a cluster of PPR's as everyone had hoped. I just got my first, best, and only email from the 'beneficent' (today at least) folks from Buffalo -- PPR!

The date was within two weeks of estimate based on ddobro2's kindly maintained spreadsheet. For the record, I'm a 16 June 2011 applicant, spousal, and to my mind with a very straightforward application. We received only two communications, both via email. 1) Sponsorship approval at about the 30 day point, 2) PPR here just before 6 mos.

Its starting to sink in. Wow. Now I have to read all the posts about how to best go about this, as regards mailing -- yes its a mail request. Looking forward to seeing the fancy 'stamp'. I'm currently 'visiting' on BC's beautiful Sunshine Coast. I'm loving the rain a lot here today. Gonna go outside and get wet.

Here's wishing similar early Christmas presents to all, especially those waiting longer.
Congrats! I sent out my passport, photos and height/eye color note today. It was so simple that I triple and quadruple checked everything. I'm still nervous that it was too easy! Haha.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
I have a question about Buffalo dropping off passports at Fort Erie. Based on your experiences, on what days of week Buffalo personnel goes to Fort Erie to drop off and pick up the mails. They definitely don't do that everyday - only twice a week.

I got Decision Made status last Friday, immigration dept confirmed they returned passport on the same day but i am still unable to track it on Canada Post so I assume the mail must have been sitting somewhere in the mailroom and waiting to cross the border. I hope they do it on Wednesday which means tomorrow!!!!

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
congrats to AmericaninQuebec and yooper. It seems like buffalo is sending out X'mas gifts to ppl who are waiting for their pprs :)
I hope more and more ppl receive their gifts soon b4 X'mas and new year :D :p

NYQUE

May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
25-04-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
25-04-2012
Hello all, hope everyone is getting ready to celebrate the holidays with your love ones.

Well here we are it's been exactly 6 months since my file is showing as "Received" by Buffalo. Next Monday (Dec. 12) will mark 4 months since I received a letter stating that a personal interview is needed, me and my wife have to attend, as of today we are still awaiting to have a date when the interview will be held. I emailed Buffalo asking if there is an estimated waiting period, but I only received a generic response "You will receive notification by mail advising you of the date and time of the interview well in advance of the interview date." Meaning first, seems that once I receive a date, the wait to actually attend to the interview will be longer, second they don't want more emails asking what's going on.

For those curious to know why we have been called for an interview, well I requested my GCMS actually twice, I was an International Student in the US, I met my wife 2 years ago and got married on 2009, we didn't submit the sponsorship right away, we basically waited until I was almost done with school and applied on April 2011, I was living the whole time in the US and used to go to see my wife every month, month and half, she came to visit me twice and actually she attended my commencement ceremony back in May. Basically the notes state we haven't spent a significant amount of time together. I have been in Canada under a visitor visa since the end of August (I am not from an exempt visa country hence I require to get a visitor visa which I never had a problem applying it for, this one will expire on 2013).

So here we are still awaiting to receive a date for when the interview will be held, I think I saw a couple of folks with Interview date this Month and their application being filed back in December, so I guess I will not hear from Buffalo probably until next year. Adding to that, money is tight and well I guess we don't have much of an option but to wait, I paid the RPRF separately but I saw on the GCMS notes that it was already received, also we will be leaving in Quebec so I received my QSC back in June.

At this point, I guess there is nothing we can do, and it is really taking a toll on us, sometimes I wonder if we would've been better staying in the States as I rejected an offer of employment because my wife's desire was to live here in Canada, but here we are and hopefully things will be resolved soon, we are not concerned about the interview itself but the lack of information, we understood that Outland was a better option because is faster, but well, that's my story, I wish everyone the best and many blessings for the upcoming year.

B.

jacobsdennis

Oct 21, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-03-2011
Interview........
07-12-2011
Passport Req..
07-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
Friends, arrived in Buffalo this afternoon and spending the night at Hyatt Regency in preparation of the interview tomorrow morning at 10am. Excited, nervous and giddy all at the same time here. REALLY hoping they issue the visa tomorrow following the interview...! Will promise to keep ya'll posted!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jacobsdennis said:
Friends, arrived in Buffalo this afternoon and spending the night at Hyatt Regency in preparation of the interview tomorrow morning at 10am. Excited, nervous and giddy all at the same time here. REALLY hoping they issue the visa tomorrow following the interview...! Will promise to keep ya'll posted!!!
Good luck!!!!!!

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jacobsdennis said:
Wishing you guys Goodluck!!