Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
So, we got the husbands passport back last week... He has until Feb to land, but we'll do it sooner.. Just curious, is there supposed to be a form included with it to put the stuff that he's bringing with him to Canada? Not that he's really bringing anything of importance, but I assume we have to tell them about what is all ready here that he brought when he moved in. Just clothes and a computer and his car, but we're not sure what to do with his car, I don't think we want to import it because its a piece of crap. Anyways, do you just make your own list for your stuff or is there a specific form to fill out? All that came with his passport was the cpr or whatever its called.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol, "rogue scholar"....I like it (eat your heart out, Sarah Palin...?). Thanks for the compliment, Maddie. I certainly don't know "all things Canadian immigration," but having been elbow deep in this thing like many of you for months, I couldn't help get more than a little acquainted ::) Anyway, despite not having a clue about how to be self-employed, I'll take your suggestion to heart and think about it :)

About the forum: CIC should be paying this forum money for what it does. Facts: people come on this forum and often post very simple, previously answered, questions that they could easily find the answers to had they taken the time to do a search using the search feature here (there are very few questions, at this point, that have NOT already been asked and answered). But that's fine that they choose to not do a little research first......there are plenty of us that are happy to give answers, again and again. A lot of these questions, or requests for guidance, are so basic to the success of the application (where to start, aspects of following the directions, etc.) that if it were not for the answers these people received from this forum, they would have done the opposite of what they should have and CIC would be left with untangling the issue at best, returning the application to be redone at worst (I have heard of CPCM returning the sponsorship portion over a blank space rather than a "Not Applicable" in one field, although granted, that is not exactly a "duh" part of the application). So I repeat, CIC actually owes this forum a lot because we are making their work easier in that we are making it *more likely* that they receive more complete applications that follow their directions. So they should theoretically be using that advantage that we've given them to work more efficiently that they normally would. Yeah, whether that's actually the case is um, up for debate, let's say. Now what they probably would NOT mind is the other thing this forum does - gets all of us together complaining about their inconsistency, lack of transparency, and seemingly lack of efficiency and sharing with each other how we are putting the heat under their a$$es in response to those things, etc. (aka, the virtual form of "organizing"). So perhaps that negative cancels the positive for them...... :p
mcmasters said:
So ddobro2, I was just wondering... you've become a rogue scholar on all things Canadian immigration, do you plan on using that skill set after you get your PR? I'm totally serious! You'd be able to help a lot of people with your knowledge.

AmericaninQuebec: I'm not sure if I'm being subjected to a full RCMP background check, all I know is the MP's office said we're "waiting of further background checks." I guess my GCMS notes will tell me what that means exactly (whenever they get here ARRRRRGH), but I hope for both our sakes they get done with them SOON. :mad: It just makes me extra mad because not everyone has to go through this.

The only reason I can think of that they'd want to do extra background checks on me is because I went to school in England and Germany (two different semesters), and/or because I've spent a looot of time in Canada over the past 5 years. I did get a speeding ticket in Kingston, ON once - do you think they'll deny my PR for that? LOL juuuuuust kidding. ::) Uh, well, should I be laughing? Paranoid much?

Anyway, continuing to feel jealous of the lucky ones who get done in <6 months. Sometimes I wonder if I coulda been one of them, if I'd just read that letter requesting my RPRF a little more carefully and convinced hubs it didn't always get paid at the end...... bleeeeeeh.

One last thing - I think there's a very high likelihood that a great number of Buffalo applicants have never heard of this forum. It's not like the CIC suggests we all get on over here, educate ourselves, and become better self-advocates. I mean, I applied in late Feb/early March, and didn't know about this forum until mid-October.

Two more days to receive mail (including today) before the holiday. One week and two days until the policy change.

Raise your purple hand if you're holding your breath along with me...

-Maddy

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
kourts said:
What policy change?
Elimination of need for stamp in visa. Starting 12/1, no more Passport Requests. Go directly to border for landing, if you are US applicant (and some other countries).

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
ddobro2 said:
I think I've mentioned this in the past but........where exactly does CIC tell its staff that they need to inform applicants of the reason for a lengthier processing time once the file sits there past 6 months?
It is in the regulation or manuals for outland family processing, and it mentions in there that they need to kindly provide reason if takes more than 6 months, although I guess they dont have to follow as it is just a suggestion I guess.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
AmericaninQuebec said:
Seriously? That annoys me even more then that their response to me in October (after I hit the 6 mth mark) when I emailed them was simply an "in process, can't give you updates" form response.

Other annoying thing is that the only indication I've had as to what could be taking so long said that it was my background check (waiting on GCMS notes to confirm this), which apparently can take months and months for the RCMP to do. Yeah, so last night I went to the local police to get a national background check done (because you can no longer go to the RCMP for that in Quebec) for an application I'm doing to have my professional license recognized here. It literally took the officer 30 seconds to look it up and another minute to fill out the form. I thought she was handing me the order form to sign, but no she was handing me the official certificate that showed that I have no criminal history in Canada. WTF is the RCMP doing that it takes months for them to do that and tell Buffalo what the result was? Are they really going through Interpol to check if I have history in every place I've ever vacationed or something? Ugh. :-[

Anyway! I'm off on a 10 hr drive south for Thanksgiving today. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and that we get a ton of good news by the start of December! ;)
Have a good drive.Happy thanksgiving.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still waiting as we are yet to receive an update yet. Just getting worried and tired of this as we not sure what to expect. Want to wish everyone Goodluck.

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
makes me wonder if they are on hold for PPRs since we are so close to the new visa regs. at this point, anyone getting a PPR would land much later, in theory than people getting their COPRs and just heading to the border, eh/

i typed all that and then realised it's not for all countries (the new process). So, yeah. come on and hurry up, CIC!

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
That's a good question. Either way works for me, whether I get the PPR, or the COPR instead. I'm thinking that the larger issues on my mind would be taking an inventory of all my stuff in preparation for landing day, and figuring out how to dispose of an unwanted handgun as that is NOT going with me. (prohibited weapon) Maybe the local sheriff can have it destroyed? Meanwhile, I've been studying the spreadsheet and I'm cautiously optimistic that I may be on the home stretch.

eeeeeeeelectric said:
makes me wonder if they are on hold for PPRs since we are so close to the new visa regs. at this point, anyone getting a PPR would land much later, in theory than people getting their COPRs and just heading to the border, eh/

i typed all that and then realised it's not for all countries (the new process). So, yeah. come on and hurry up, CIC!

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
ddbro....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

This is an awesome resource for outland apps...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, I'm familiar with it, but like I've said before, there's nothing there that says they *must* notify the applicant once six months rolls around with a reason as to why their application is still being processed. In fact, the only thing that they say, and I think I've mentioned this earlier this month, is that, "The Department aims to process 80% of sponsorship and permanent residence applications submitted on behalf of the high-priority group of spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children within six months." Then it goes on to describe the "non-routine" cases that would justify a longer processing time. The fact that it "aims" to process them within 6 months does not mean that it *must* and it doesn't mean that there's an explanation involved somewhere (well, we know getting an explanation from CIC is like pulling teeth anyway, so.....)

Stumpedmom said:
ddbro....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would love to have the specific link or specific phraseology employed.
prophet3 said:
It is in the regulation or manuals for outland family processing, and it mentions in there that they need to kindly provide reason if takes more than 6 months, although I guess they dont have to follow as it is just a suggestion I guess.

bamboo

May 24, 2011
Seattle WA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
Passport Req..
30-03-2012
Thanks for sharing. I have never seen this document before. Do you know if there is an updated version of this document?

Cheers

Stumpedmom said:
ddbro....