Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
I've finally got my AOR from Buffalo as of today via email. Guess there are people on the other end after all. Now I can relax a little. ;)

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
It seems like it's been really quiet on the PPR front this week. I feel like last week every day at least a couple of people were getting notice. I hope it starts back up again soon!

jstnmlr

May 29, 2011
Las Vegas Nevada USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
10-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Done....
12-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
planned Jan 20, 2012
Stumpedmom said:
Especially when in July we sent 2 emails about updating the mailing address, and to get status of the file, and Buffalo responded to both, that we were in process, and that they received the address update. The mailing address was NEVER updated...even now after the DM based on the fact we sent it to Buffalo not Los Angeles....grrrrrr
Has anyone else sent in an address change and received anything? I used the Buffalo website's case specific app twice about 2 & 3 weeks ago and haven't heard a peep and there has been no change on my ecas... I know a lack of communication is normal but it seems like they should at least shoot me something back say, "thanks, we got it"... Hell, an auto reply would just be nice. lol

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know....I think it was just the one this week. Sigh, they lost their momentum......guess nothing lasts forever :-\
AmericaninQuebec said:
It seems like it's been really quiet on the PPR front this week. I feel like last week every day at least a couple of people were getting notice. I hope it starts back up again soon!

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
When my MP looked into our file she didn't mention that our file had been transferred to LA which makes me wonder how much they can actually see, or at least how hard she actually looked into things, we didn't know until we got the PPR request from LA. We only got our PPR about 2 weeks after she inquired about our file, so it had to have been in LA by then.

AWFUL COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS!

Stumpedmom said:
ddbro...you have that right, our file was transferred from Buffalo to Los Angeles, and we were not notified. My MP did the inquiry Aug 15, the day we got a response from Buffalo about the transfer. The email communication from Buffalo and then LA with my MPs office, stated that the PPR was issued on June 30th.

I really hate explaining that just because some people get really worried about their files, and then the MPs who follow strictly to the time lines, tell them that we are all liars, and making it up...even tho they take the spreadsheets into their offices....

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
tulamoon said:
When my MP looked into our file she didn't mention that our file had been transferred to LA which makes me wonder how much they can actually see, or at least how hard she actually looked into things, we didn't know until we got the PPR request from LA. We only got our PPR about 2 weeks after she inquired about our file, so it had to have been in LA by then.

AWFUL COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS!
Why was it transfered to LA? Do you live closer to there than Buffalo?

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Check out these Buffalo applicants. I think they are getting PPR faster than spousal class:

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-results-have-been-recived-and-after-how-many-days-you-got-ppr-guys-t85234.240.html

They have been getting lots of PPRs lately.

rxpei

Nov 3, 2011
Hi Everyone... Glad to find this forum and there are soooo much information!
I am American citizen and my fiancee is Canadian, we have not decided when to get married yet( just got engaged!). I will be moving to Canada and work here. I want to prepare for this LONG process time, anything I can do right now to prepare for this?
1)Can I start the FBI background check?
2)Do you think I need a lawyer for this?

Thanks in advance!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not to steal the mike from tulamoon or anything, but I can tell you that Buffalo sometimes transfers files to their "satellite offices" (New York, LA, Seattle, Detroit) for the purpose of "expediting processing"....there's no relationship to where someone lives. :)
AmericaninQuebec said:
Why was it transfered to LA? Do you live closer to there than Buffalo?

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
Not to steal the mike from tulamoon or anything, but I can tell you that Buffalo sometimes transfers files to their "satellite offices" (New York, LA, Seattle, Detroit) for the purpose of "expediting processing"....there's no relationship to where someone lives. :)
Forgive me while I laugh hysterically at this, it's not you, it's just the sheer irony of it!

jkhaskett

Oct 19, 2011
ddobro2:

PR App recieved Feb 17, 2011

PR Sponsorship Approval March 17, 2011

PR transfer to Buffalo & recieved March 24, 2011

RPRF September 27, 2011

PR application processed Oct 4th w/ Meds recieved

PPR Oct 28, 2011 (PPR sent Oct 29 & recieved at FT Erie Oct 31)

Permanent Residency Visa issuance November 3, 2011

Passport will be mailed back to me via Canada Post express tomorrow morning.

Amazing turn around time from PPR to Visa issuance. My fiancee and I have been a nervous wreck since sending the PPR packing because we are flying international for our wedding on Nov 20th. Inquiries were made to the Buffalo office in regards to our situation and we recieved very helpful and nice responses.

I will be landing once we return from our wedding. ...the process is almost complete!

Good luck to every one and I am more than happy to try to answer any questions that those going through this process may have.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would prepare by first confirming my eligibility to apply; you have to be cohabitating for a consecutive year in order to apply; you may decide to postpone applying until you get married or you may choose to apply now (assuming you are eligible) and then inform Buffalo of the change in your status once you have the marriage license, etc. Also I would absolutely begin compiling proof of my relationship with my sponsor and brainstorm the various KINDS of proof that I could provide. Then, I would go over the different forms (organized into 3 different parts), which are a maze in and of themselves: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

There's no point in mailing that thing in unless you have dotted every single i and crossed every single t, so to speak, so do take your time.

1) i wouldn't suggest doing the FBI check or the medical until you have a date on the horizon where you see yourself mailing the completed application; reason for that is the FBI police cert expires 3 months after the date on the document and the medical results expire a year after the tests are done (and that means that you technically have to land before they expire)
2. no, but you can obviously choose to hire one; why waste your money though?

rxpei said:
Hi Everyone... Glad to find this forum and there are soooo much information!
I am American citizen and my fiancee is Canadian, we have not decided when to get married yet( just got engaged!). I will be moving to Canada and work here. I want to prepare for this LONG process time, anything I can do right now to prepare for this?
1)Can I start the FBI background check?
2)Do you think I need a lawyer for this?

Thanks in advance!

Maple3

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011 Recieved 16-6- 2011
AOR Received.
26-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-08-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
Hi everyone! I am having trouble getting 2 photos for my husband to send with his PPR. Even though we had them done at Walmart the measurement from top of his head to his chin is larger than is required for Canadian Speciications. Has anyone else have this problem and could you tell me where is a good place to get the photos done? We are living in PA.
Thanks !

sixrogue

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
10-01-2012
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
Hi guys, have you heard about this? (I am posting in multiple threads online, so my apologies if you've seen this already)

Don't want to be the bearer news, but read this:

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20111103/jason-kenney-skilled-workers-immigration-levels-111103/20111103/?hub=EdmontonHome

Our dear old friend (NOT) Immigration Minister Kenney wants to increase Federal Skilled Worker intake and DECREASE SPOUSAL INTAKE for 2012!!!! There is another thread about this, but long story short, write your MP and tell them that this is NOT acceptable!

I just did. :D

Later guys.