Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Thanks for the encouraging words.

The RPRF receipt arrived in Mississauga on Tuesday and Buffalo on Friday.

I asked hubs to call his MP about the situation. He is hesitant to do that but I'm trying to emphasize to him this is important. He said he would definitely email the Buffalo office. I emailed them last Monday and never got a response. I don't know if that's a normal time frame for their email responding?

I'm really just upset with myself that it is our fault our application is delayed, when all we wanted to do was get everything done ASAP, and we tried sooo haaard to be meticulous and get things done right the first time.

And, I fear this may qualify us for exceeding the 11-month maximum normal processing time. Good thing I didn't already talk to my boss about my move date. :'(

Blugh.

ddobro2 said:
Okay first of all, I knew you would say that. You are not stupid. You are not the first and will not be the last to make some mistakes on this application. It's got so many forms and so many details to each form, document, and fee to be submitted that it really takes a whole lot of paying attention to the directions. It is completely human to miss something. And freaking out will only make things worse.

So you paid the RPRF fee the second week of October instead of September......does CIC have the receipt at this point?

Look, although the letter said you had 60 days to send it in and you sent it in after about 90, I do not believe they're just going to void your application and ask you to reapply. I think they have enough to continue processing you.......but you might want to update your MP on the situation, delay your plans to join your husband (at least for a bit), and fax Buffalo an explanation of your overlooking that letter and thus paying the RPRF later than they requested.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Don't beat yourself up over it! Our initial application was delayed numerous times because of how convoluted the instructions were. EVERYONE has issues deciphering the forms and instructions.

BUT... the silver lining is that....

They requested the fee, which means you're nearly done, and you should hopefully get your PPR before too long. Don't fret, it is what it is. You can't go back and change what has happened, just be glad you know now what is holding things up and how to solve it.

It's good that you found it! Chin up, you'll be with your hubby soon (ish) :)

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Thanks Jayde. I'm trying to look on the bright side now that the shock has passed. It is good that they requested the payment!

Because my file is still "In Process," I'm hanging on to that as my assuring ray of hope.

Hopefully once they look at my RPRF receipt they will say "Finally!" and send out my PPR. Pleeeeeeease...

jayde said:
Don't beat yourself up over it! Our initial application was delayed numerous times because of how convoluted the instructions were. EVERYONE has issues deciphering the forms and instructions.

BUT... the silver lining is that....

They requested the fee, which means you're nearly done, and you should hopefully get your PPR before too long. Don't fret, it is what it is. You can't go back and change what has happened, just be glad you know now what is holding things up and how to solve it.

It's good that you found it! Chin up, you'll be with your hubby soon (ish) :)

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
Hi guys,

Just some questions. I'm in Vancouver, my wife is American from San Fran. I submitted Aug 19 (or at least that's what FedEx says is the date the package got to them). I submitted everything to Mississauga in this package, photos, her app, my app, essays, the fee receipt, her immigration photo, basically everything. This week, the website says they are processing sponsorship apps received Aug 15, which is my week. Should I expect to hear anything from them? I haven't heard a peep since I submitted. Nothing about a verification, zip, zilch, nada. I'm getting a bit worried at this point.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, it says 70 days (working on applications received on August 15, 2011), which means applications they received August 15th or earlier should have been processed already. If you haven't heard anything, be patient and wait a bit longer. I believe it will come via email (the sponsor's), but there's a chance they could snail mail it to the sponsor too. CPCM would not ask for a "verification." As long as the undertaking portion of your file is complete, they will approve the sponsorship and send it to Buffalo for the PR part. If there is something missing in the rest of the file, it would be Buffalo that you hear from.

cantor2537 said:
Hi guys,

Just some questions. I'm in Vancouver, my wife is American from San Fran. I submitted Aug 19 (or at least that's what FedEx says is the date the package got to them). I submitted everything to Mississauga in this package, photos, her app, my app, essays, the fee receipt, her immigration photo, basically everything. This week, the website says they are processing sponsorship apps received Aug 15, which is my week. Should I expect to hear anything from them? I haven't heard a peep since I submitted. Nothing about a verification, zip, zilch, nada. I'm getting a bit worried at this point.

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
Thanks. I just hope I don't need to resubmit the police checks again. If I submitted the police checks with this original application that's in Mississauga that's fine right? I don't need to go back to China to get the police check (where she hasn't lived in 8 years) nor do I need another FBI check, since it will have been close to the 90 days when it will expire?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there more than a 3-month gap between the dates on the China and U.S. police checks and the date CPCM received it (I do believe it's the date it gets to Mississauga and not RPC-Buffalo)? I.e. are the certs from earlier than May 15? If yes, there's a chance you might have to redo them.
cantor2537 said:
Thanks. I just hope I don't need to resubmit the police checks again. If I submitted the police checks with this original application that's in Mississauga that's fine right? I don't need to go back to China to get the police check (where she hasn't lived in 8 years) nor do I need another FBI check?

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
No the checks came in in early August. If it's the date that Mississauga receives them, I'm ok. I just hope it's not the date that Buffalo receives them.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they were issued in August, you're totally fine. They are transferred to Buffalo the same day as the sponsorship gets approved anyway, but I'm almost positive the 3 months is according to the date CIC first gets them, i.e. when the application reaches Mississauga. The processing time for step 1 has more than doubled since May and it would actually be in CIC's interest to start counting from the time the file gets to the case processing centre.
cantor2537 said:
No the checks came in in early August. If it's the date that Mississauga receives them, I'm ok. I just hope it's not the date that Buffalo receives them.

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
Thanks, I just about had a heart attack. I'm paranoid about these things and I do not want to have to get her relatives in China to go get another police check (for really no reason as she has not been back at all) and have to wait another two months for the FBI check.

ddobro2 said:
If they were issued in August, you're totally fine. They are transferred to Buffalo the same day as the sponsorship gets approved anyway, but I'm almost positive the 3 months is according to the date CIC first gets them, i.e. when the application reaches Mississauga. The processing time for step 1 has more than doubled since May and it would actually be in CIC's interest to start counting from the time the file gets to the case processing centre.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Totally understandable. :) Buffalo is its own set of paranoia ::).
cantor2537 said:
Thanks, I just about had a heart attack. I'm paranoid about these things and I do not want to have to get her relatives in China to go get another police check (for really no reason as she has not been back at all) and have to wait another two months for the FBI check.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long do someone have to wait after sending in document requested?

anthrogirl26

Jan 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
07/07/11
File Transfer...
21/03/2011
Med's Done....
08-02-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Does anyone know how long you have to land after they issue your visa?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
before the expiry date that's found on your visa, which is usually at least one year from the time you completed your medical exam
anthrogirl26 said:
Does anyone know how long you have to land after they issue your visa?

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
AW2011 said:
Hello All!

I received Buffalo AOR end of August, 2011
My Ecas shows: Application Received on June XX, 2011 (Date arriving Mississauga, Ont.)
Medical Results Have Been Received (Appeared around Oct. 10, 2011)

It's not showing "In Progress". Wondering if they're actually working on it. Anybody who has those 2 lines only on Ecas with the Buffalo office?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Same for me. I wouldn't sweat it. I'm a June 2011 applicant.