Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Still "in process"...sigh. Oh well, the good news is..only THREE more days until I get to 'visit' BC and be with my man :) woo! I can't wait! And he's treating me to a night in Whistler. I cannot wait! It does seem like CIC is picking up their pace in processing though. Which is a definite good sign. I'll be happy as long as my paperwork is approved by Thanksgiving in November. Or at least Christmas so that I can see my family and not have to worry about crossing back to Canada without a valid visa. :/

Good luck to all those who received PPR and "in-process"!! Crossing my fingers for quick replies again!

K

kalew2010

kerianne said:
Still "in process"...sigh. Oh well, the good news is..only THREE more days until I get to 'visit' BC and be with my man :) woo! I can't wait! And he's treating me to a night in Whistler. I cannot wait! It does seem like CIC is picking up their pace in processing though. Which is a definite good sign. I'll be happy as long as my paperwork is approved by Thanksgiving in November. Or at least Christmas so that I can see my family and not have to worry about crossing back to Canada without a valid visa. :/

Good luck to all those who received PPR and "in-process"!! Crossing my fingers for quick replies again!
Thanksgiving in NOVEMBER? :p j/k....Hope you are here sooner to experience Canadian Thanksgiving!!

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
jancath410 said:
Question: Should I fax Ottawa to find out if they've rec'd my husband's medical? We requested for DMP to send it Mississauga because we thought that's where we were supposed to send it. I wanted to know if they've got it in Ottawa because when e-cas changed to "in process" it didn't say anything about meds being rec'd.
As mentioned in the following post, it is not necessary to contact Ottawa re your medicals.

giggles1985 said:
Also, I didn't mean to make people think that e-CAS is supposed to say that they have your medicals. I'm just saying that I (and most of us) do not need to contact them to get our medicals fowarded. It usually happens on it's own. I just intended to point out that they had mine from day 1. So I don't think anyone should contact them premptively. Wait until it appears there might be an issue. Otherwise you probably will end up slowing down and complicating your ap.
As for e-cas being updated, that seems to vary. Giggles and others have had updates saying medicals rec'd, my husband and others, never had an update re medicals, but have rec'd PPR and COPR. There seems to be no hard and fast rule on that one.

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
I received the email saying my app was transferring to Detroit last Wed and today it popped up in e-cas. That is the only thing that has shown on e-cas for me other than the original in process and sponsor approved. Nothing about an interview waived or medicals received. I will be so shocked if they require an interview from us as we've lived together for the past three years and have a child together but we'll see.

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
kalew2010 said:
Thanksgiving in NOVEMBER? :p j/k....Hope you are here sooner to experience Canadian Thanksgiving!!
Well I'm planning on staying in BC after I arrive there this Friday. So I will get Thanksgiving in October, but I don't want to cross back into the US for American Thanksgiving unless I have been approved for PR because I don't want to deal with the border and that drama. I'll just stay low in BC until I hear back from CIC about a PPR (hopefully!!). So as long as I get one of them I'll be happy. Mmmm Turkey!! LOL

In regard to meds received..I've never heard anything about it in my AOR or in my Ecas. So I am just hoping that it's already therein B'lo now. I've also not received anything regarding an interview, or a waived interview. So I'm not going to contact them unless I really need to. I sent everything and anything, maybe even some more when I applied. So it should all be there, and I don't want to contact them in case it slows down my app. Which is the last thing we ALL want.

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
In terms of the medicals - no news is good news. If they received it, they have no need to contact you about it. Some people get it on e-CAS as an fyi but many do not. But, if they haven't received it, rest assured they will ask for it!! So as long as you haven't gotten a request for it, assume they got it :)

mrsprogram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2010
AOR Received.
02-06-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-08-2010
Cherlyn said:
613-954-8653 is the fax# for Ottawa RMC? I more than 3 days I sent them a fax and still no answer about my medicals :'(
613-941-9528 is the number we used. They replied within the day.

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
mrsprogram said:
613-941-9528 is the number we used. They replied within the day.
Thanks.

S

SaugaBoss

i heard to put ur email so they email u a response... someone on this forum and i did the same and got an email from some person confirming they forwarded it to Buffalo!.... btw i dont get the CIC i called to confirm receipt of payment of RPRF (they didnt request it) and they said its better to fax it :S

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
I guess I am joining the "Transfered to Detroit" Club ??? I just received this e-mail from CIC this morning. Here is the actual e-mail for those who are interested in seeing it..

I wonder how long do you think I have? I sent off the FBI certificate to Buffalo like 2 weeks ago with my Immigration file number stickers. I hope it won't get lost in this transfer.

FILE: Bxxxxxxxxx NAMES: ********

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:

Canadian Consulate General

600 Renaissance Centre, Suite 1100

Detroit, Michigan 48243-1798

fax: 313-567-2125

e-mail: detroit-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

The Canadian Consulate General in Detroit will complete the analysis of your application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required. Your file number remains the same.

The Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo no longer has your file. Therefore we cannot acknowledge or respond to future correspondence from you. Please do not submit any further documents or correspondence to this office. If IELTS or TEF test results are sent to us, they will be forwarded to the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit.

In the event of a change in your address, marital status or family composition, you must inform the office noted above. Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Detroit.

Do not request the status of your file within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter.

All future correspondence you receive will be from the office noted above.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
SaugaBoss said:
interesting i wish i had some update like the rest of my may people :)
Now is the March people turn to get their PPR :)

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
i emailed Buffalo on monday here is the answer they gave me about my case

"Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Please do not compare your application to that of others as each situation is unique.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section"

Like i know that i just asked if they needed anything and if they got fowarded the medical and the fact that the CSQ was approved. Really canadian immigration stinks big time