Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
i have a general question whoever knows the answer --- Who receives the PPR email? Principal applicant or the sponsor?

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
kourts said:
the principal applicant receives the ppr email.

Maple3

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011 Recieved 16-6- 2011
AOR Received.
26-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-08-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
Thank you all for the Congrats on my husbands PPR today! :)

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
Adding one more! Yay for you both!!!!

Maple3 said:
Thank you all for the Congrats on my husbands PPR today! :)

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Well, we found the problem - husband didn't pay the RPRF, so I guess that's what's been holding us up. Bloop! Oh well. At least we sorted it out now.

He paid it last night and we got the PDF receipt. I know I have to mail it to the Buffalo immigration office, but can anyone tell me how exactly I do that? Is there a form or a cover letter I should send with it? Is there a specific person/office I should address it to?

Hubs said there wasn't any specific information about how to send in the receipt when he paid the fee. I just find this kind of frustrating because it's not really covered in the extensive PR instruction manual I feel like I read 25 times over the past few years. Oh well.

And ya, I think I might have to make a few more posts before I'm allowed to add any "character" to my profile. That's okay, I've only been here 4 days but already I feel like joining here has been one of the most worthwhile things I've done concerning immigration - thanks everyone!

Also congrats on the recent PPR. That must be such a great feeling!

-Maddy

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Blurgh - another issue. Hubs paid the fee to the Mississauga office online, but I'm pretty sure we need to pay to the Buffalo office, which can only be done with cash, cashier's check, money order, or bank draft.

He already got the receipt from the online payment - do you think it's acceptable for us to mail in the receipt to the Buffalo office, or do we have to scrap that payment and do the paper payment to Buffalo?

I read the instructions in the CIC Fee Schedule PDF but they're not very clear. :/

-Maddy

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
mcmasters said:
Blurgh - another issue. Hubs paid the fee to the Mississauga office online, but I'm pretty sure we need to pay to the Buffalo office, which can only be done with cash, cashier's check, money order, or bank draft.

He already got the receipt from the online payment - do you think it's acceptable for us to mail in the receipt to the Buffalo office, or do we have to scrap that payment and do the paper payment to Buffalo?

I read the instructions in the CIC Fee Schedule PDF but they're not very clear. :/

-Maddy
That is correct acutally you do pay Mississauga. if you send money (or equivilant) to buffalo they will send it back to you. If you paid online send a copy of the receipt to Mississauga and you can probably fax a copy to Buffalo.

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Really? Wow, that is super confusing! So I pay Mississauga and send them the receipt even though my application is being processed in Buffalo as an outside applicant?

I don't know how I would know any of this stuff without help - thanks!

I will put the receipt in the mail with a self-written cover letter including all my info today to both Buffalo and Mississauga, just to be safe.

CandC2009 said:
That is correct actually you do pay Mississauga. if you send money (or equivalent) to buffalo they will send it back to you. If you paid online send a copy of the receipt to Mississauga and you can probably fax a copy to Buffalo.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Send or keep a copy!! Don't want it to get lost and then you have no proof. Just make sure you keep proof of the payment :)

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
So, do the grand majority of us send everything up front, with our application? Just curious if this means a faster processing since we had the medicals, payment receipt first in the pile, etc...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RPRF payments or other correspondence:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

mcmasters said:
Well, we found the problem - husband didn't pay the RPRF, so I guess that's what's been holding us up. Bloop! Oh well. At least we sorted it out now.

He paid it last night and we got the PDF receipt. I know I have to mail it to the Buffalo immigration office, but can anyone tell me how exactly I do that? Is there a form or a cover letter I should send with it? Is there a specific person/office I should address it to?

Hubs said there wasn't any specific information about how to send in the receipt when he paid the fee. I just find this kind of frustrating because it's not really covered in the extensive PR instruction manual I feel like I read 25 times over the past few years. Oh well.

And ya, I think I might have to make a few more posts before I'm allowed to add any "character" to my profile. That's okay, I've only been here 4 days but already I feel like joining here has been one of the most worthwhile things I've done concerning immigration - thanks everyone!

Also congrats on the recent PPR. That must be such a great feeling!

-Maddy

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he paid online, you are set. When he got to the screen that asked, "Where will you be sending/where have you sent your application?," he should have selected, "Mississauga, Ontario (Canada) processing centre," and it sounds like he did. The VOs are not listed, just Mississauga and the other internal CIC offices. CPCM is responsible for the landing fee first, then in informs the VO that has the file.

mcmasters said:

-Maddy

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are technically supposed to include all aspects of the file upfront (the document checklist states, "If you do not enclose all the required forms and documents, your entire application will be returned to you.") As for the fees, not everyone pays the landing fee upfront, apparently, but it would mean fewer delays if they did (and proved it via receipt). CIC only needs the sponsorship and principal applicant fees paid and shown via receipt to be able to start processing at the case processing centre and at the visa office.

eeeeeeeelectric said:
So, do the grand majority of us send everything up front, with our application? Just curious if this means a faster processing since we had the medicals, payment receipt first in the pile, etc...