Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2011
LANDED..........
Soon!!!
Tiggilicious said:
Yes, Ecas tracker email at 5AM this morning, saying in process July 14
Good! i'm anxious waiting for our ecas update...it looks we have 3 weeks of difference...let see

Ganapatiom

Mar 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
Well just crossed over 200 days since app sent in. Never thought I'd be one with 200+ days next to my name. Thought my case was as straight forward as can be.

Good news is I've been in Canada for 6 weeks now. As others have posted, the border crossing was very easy despite being very worried about it. They gave me a visitor visa for a full year! The agent even said that he thought I should be able to get a temporary work visa while I waited. When I gave him the letter from our lawyer stating that I had dual intent, the agent said, " why did you get a lawyer? We don't split up families?" When I contacted my lawyer about a temp visa, he said there was no such possibility.

It nice to be with my wife in our home here in Toronto, but its hard to see her work hard to pay the bills for the both of us while I sit and wait, and wait. Starting to wonder why we spent money on a lawyer at all.

I keep checking in here everyday and knowing that I am not alone help. Don't know what I would do without the forum. Just wanted to check in again and say, "hey, I'm here with you all... waiting."

pcdmontreal

May 20, 2011
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
No AOR
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Done....
02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
Hi,

Here is our time line, I'm a Canadian living in Montreal and sponsoring my husband who's from the US:

- Application sent on March 7th
- Sponsorship approved on April 8th
- PR application received in Buffalo on April 14th
- CSQ received mid-May
- RFPR fees paid at the end of May

Never received AOR nor file number, and e-cas still says "application received"
So I e-mailed Buffalo last Thursday and they got back to me on Friday saying:

"Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca"

With the file number starting with a F in the subject of the e-mail.

Is it a good sign, does it mean that the file as been opened and they're looking at it right now ? A lot of people who applied in March seemed to have news recently, hopefully it means that we are near the end. I was surprised that they replied almost right away when I read other applicants had to send a lot of e-mails and never got answers.

Thanks

clemfamily

Jul 14, 2011
Ganapatiom, sounds like we are in the same boat.....my application is in process also. We crossed July 4th with no major issues and I also go a year temp visa. As far as I know though all you would need is to get a job offer from somone to sponser you and then you could get a work visa, that is what I am trying to do right now. Best of luck to you.

eletyl

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2010
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
Med's Done....
20-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
you would need a job offer letter AND an LMO (labour market opinion).. basically proving they couldn't find a Canadian to do the job. not easy unless you are highly skilled.

mojoliveshere

Jun 20, 2011
A few more questions

Hi everyone,

This is my second round of questions, and am grateful for the information I have gathered so far. It is encouraging to see that some applications are filed in only a few months (even if this is a rare occurrence)! Here goes:

1) Question 27 on the Sponsor/ Spouse Questionnaire asks about living together. My wife and I have only actually lived together for one spell of 5.5 months, though I have spent up to 3 months on another trip living with her and her family. Should I include that time?

2) I will change jobs in 6 weeks, though hopefully we will file before that. Should I mention that in the application, and if so where, or should I send an update to CIC-M once the change has happened? I know who I will be working with then though no other details yet.

3) Newbie question..should we send both parts of the application to CIC-M, or only the sponsor package? Or does 'file transfer' mean they send the whole package themselves to Buffalo?

Thank you everyone!

Mike

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: A few more questions

mojoliveshere said:
Hi everyone,

This is my second round of questions, and am grateful for the information I have gathered so far. It is encouraging to see that some applications are filed in only a few months (even if this is a rare occurrence)! Here goes:

1) Question 27 on the Sponsor/ Spouse Questionnaire asks about living together. My wife and I have only actually lived together for one spell of 5.5 months, though I have spent up to 3 months on another trip living with her and her family. Should I include that time?

2) I will change jobs in 6 weeks, though hopefully we will file before that. Should I mention that in the application, and if so where, or should I send an update to CIC-M once the change has happened? I know who I will be working with then though no other details yet.

3) Newbie question..should we send both parts of the application to CIC-M, or only the sponsor package? Or does 'file transfer' mean they send the whole package themselves to Buffalo?

Thank you everyone!

Mike
Hi Mike,

1. We have included all the times we have lived together and it was also very sporadic. A few months here and a few months there. There is an option of providing additional detail on your application on separate sheets of paper, and this is where we explained everything that we thought might have been confusing or required additional info.

2. I was going to change jobs a month after we have filed our application, and I have included it in the file. Since I knew all the details, I reasoned it would just save me the hassle of updating the info later. And I explained it further on those additional info pages.

3. You send the entire package to Mississauga, and they will forward everything to Buffalo. In fact, they go over the entire application, making sure everything is filled out correctly, and if it is not, they will send part or all of it back, which can delay you by a few months.

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Tiggilicious said:
Yes, Ecas tracker email at 5AM this morning, saying in process July 14
Why didn't I get an " In Process" update on E Cas :( We all are of same timeline, I am still App. Received. They did email me with FXXXXXX and said its in process but I didn't get a BXXXXXXXX unlike you guys, think that might be it?

Morena

Star Member
Jul 2, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02- 2011
Doc's Request.
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2011
LANDED..........
Soon!!!
buffalo-toronto said:
Why didn't I get an " In Process" update on E Cas :( We all are of same timeline, I am still App. Received. They did email me with FXXXXXX and said its in process but I didn't get a BXXXXXXXX unlike you guys, think that might be it?
Buffalo-Toronto i got the Fxxxxx and the Bxxxxxx number, no update in Ecas and the status is same as yours....

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buffalo-toronto said:
I applied on December 23, and I just have "Application Received"
I emailed them and they gave me the B## just recently.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
This Is what I got for an email today.

We do not have the results of your medical exam. If you had your medical exam more than four months ago, contact the examining physician to ensure the results were submitted to Immigration Medical Services in Ottawa.
Immigration Section
www.buffalo.gc.ca
I contacted the physician and the exam was mailed out on October 14th 2010 to Ottawa.So now what?

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Calgary-Bound said:
This Is what I got for an email today.

We do not have the results of your medical exam. If you had your medical exam more than four months ago, contact the examining physician to ensure the results were submitted to Immigration Medical Services in Ottawa.
Immigration Section
www.buffalo.gc.ca
I contacted the physician and the exam was mailed out on October 14th 2010 to Ottawa.So now what?
If the DMP sent it but Buffalo claims they don't have it, the problem may likely be with Ottawa. You may have to fax them, giving them your details, and ask them to forward the results to the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo, NY, again. (Make sure you give them everything they'd need to do this and attach it to your file.)

I found this on CIC's site:

Ottawa Regional Medical Office
Health Management Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Ave. West, 3rd floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1
Canada
Fax: +1 613 954 6211

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Thanks Rinnerz.I contacted the physician this morning and my exam was sent out October 2010 and my sons was January 2011.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
what all info do you think they would need.I gave them full names,file#,client id#,passport#,type of visa,when they where mailed,dob.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Calgary-Bound said:
what all info do you think they would need.I gave them full names,file#,client id#,passport#,type of visa,when they where mailed,dob.
I've never had to do this, but I would think:

DMP's full name
Date the medical was done
Your full name
Your DOB
Your Nationality
Application type (Permanent Residence, Family Class, spouse)
Visa office name
Immigration file number

I'm not sure the Client ID will do them any good. I can't remember if passport number was originally on the DMP's forms, but it might not hurt to give that too I guess. If you ever photocopied the original Copy 2 of Medical Report Section A form before sending your application off, I'd fax a copy of that to them too. (All your vital info on the cover letter, copy of Copy 2 as the second page.)

Others in this thread have had to do this before, but that was a LONG time ago, and I can't remember if they ever posted exactly what they sent to Ottawa. I remember them saying Ottawa replied relatively quickly (so give them contact info too, maybe?), saying they'd forwarded the results to Buffalo again. If Ottawa replies in writing, I'd forward that to Buffalo too -- maybe by fax.