Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OnTheMove said:
Wanted to share my story and the timeline since I have gotten a lot of helpful tips from this site and would like to contribute.
I amWanted to share my story and the timeline since I have gotten a lot of helpful tips from this site and would like to contribute.

I am a US citizen, born outside the US. He was born and raised in Canada.
We are both in our early 30s, he is a year older. First marriage for both, no kids.

Met online in the summer of 2007, met in person a couple months later.

Have been flying back and fourth every month and half to see each other. Met our families and friends. Married in the winter of 2010. The wedding was not traditional, just a romantic spot with the minister and the photographer present (due to family being scattered all over US/Canada).
Filed in April.

…. my file was transferred to NYC after a month and a half of being in process in Buffalo!
I have selected NYC as my preferred interview location in the application, so I am afraid they will ask me to come in for an interview.
Your case is similar to mine. My husband and I are in our early 30's and met online about almost 3 years ago. I came to Canada around July 2008 as a student and eventually got married on Christmas day on Dec 2009. It was just 2 of us, no friends and no family for the same reason as yours. I was afraid at first but everything went well and finally I got PR visa without interview. I think as long as your story and evidence to show that your relationship is genuine are strong, then you should be fine.

Wish you all the best :)

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I got my sponsorship approved on June 22nd and have yet to get an AOR or change to 'in process'. Should I start worrying? Should I try to contact Buffalo? I hear that can be pretty fruitless..

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
No need for worry yet. I would wait a while longer, sbwv09. It just seems to be such a frustrating experience to try and get information from Buffalo. Plus your timeline is still within the norm. Try to give it another week or so, if you can hold out. Allison

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
It's just annoying that people in the May thread going through other offices have gotten PPR already, and they haven't even bothered to let me know mine got there ok! I swear I will go crazy if they lost my file or something..

S

SaugaBoss

sbwv09 said:
It's just annoying that people in the May thread going through other offices have gotten PPR already, and they haven't even bothered to let me know mine got there ok! I swear I will go crazy if they lost my file or something..
i agree im in the same situation as u!!

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
If it's any consolation, I'm in the April thread, Buffalo showed "in process" on July 13, and my husband recieved the AOR on July 22nd, almost 9 weeks after sponsorship approved.

You may still have a bit of a wait. And try not to worry about lost files. Buffalo is a busy place and not very communicative.

I know what you mean about watching other people from different VO's get PPR while we from Buffalo wait, but I just try to be happy for them and hope ours is on the way soon. Only way I can stay sane. :-\

OnTheMove

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2010
AOR Received.
June 7, 2010
File Transfer...
July 20, 2010
Med's Done....
March 18, 2010
Passport Req..
received Sept 13th
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 28
LANDED..........
Oct 31
alisa said:
Your case is similar to mine. My husband and I are in our early 30's and met online about almost 3 years ago. I came to Canada around July 2008 as a student and eventually got married on Christmas day on Dec 2009. It was just 2 of us, no friends and no family for the same reason as yours. I was afraid at first but everything went well and finally I got PR visa without interview. I think as long as your story and evidence to show that your relationship is genuine are strong, then you should be fine.

Wish you all the best :)
alisa,
thanks for the encouragement!
And yes, it seems like our cases are very similar! I guess the main difference though is that I haven't actually lived with my spouse. We've spent up to a week at a time together, but we have been flying back and forth for 3 yrs.

Your case processing was VERY speedy though! Wow!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Thanks guys.. at least I know now that it's not unusual for Buffalo people to have to wait a long time for AOR. We gotta stick together :)

mg_bc

Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
AOR Received.
14-08-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
With respect to waiting for AORs - my sponsorship was approved on June 14 and I'm still waiting for "in process" to appear on e-cas too. I'm giving it another couple weeks before I start to worry; it seems like it generally takes 1.5 months or so.

S

SaugaBoss

Sponsors Client Id says decision made no other info...

Applicants info it says: If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status. (THERE IS NOTHING TO CLICK ON)

We recieved our first letter on June 23

but still no updates ud think buffalo would be quicker!!!

feefee87

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/06/2010
File Transfer...
13/07/2010
Med's Done....
13/05/2010
Thx a lot Beshoo that knocks some stress off while I am preparing for my next visit :) sept 1st

K

kalew2010

grrrrrr, i say we send emails to our MPs! not to fuel the fire but it's so frustrating that i found out recently that people on work visas from other countries can bring their spouses on OPEN WORK VISAS!!!! grrrrrrrr again. i'm serious about the emails though....even if it won't affect my spouse's application i think it's something that seriously must be considered in parliament. at least a temp work visa for our spouses?? something reasonable and within the "processing times" grrrrrrr.
anyone else have the same feelings as i do? if so PM me.......let's start a petition. SERIOUSLY.

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
journeyman: In the same situation too. They received my application April 27th, and I'm STILL waiting. It's a long process, just gotta stay positive and try not to go bonkers, even though I feel pretty close to losing my marbles half the time. I just want to be with my hubby already. I'm here if anybody ever wants to talk, because after finding this site, it's really helped me realize that I'm not the only one having these crazy impatient feelings. Sucks a lot, but it's what is going to make it so much more enjoyable once we can actually be with our loved ones.

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Hey I also wanted to know, if your application takes longer than usual, or if 6 months passes from after they receive your application, will they make you resend FBI clearances or have to redo med exams? Just wondering. I completed my med exam at the end of Jan 2010 and didn't get my police certificate until March, but they received my paperwork in April. Do you think I will be okay, or may they request me to renew or resend clearances if 6 months has passed even if they received it before 6 months? Did that even make any sense? lol.

K

kalew2010

FYI: Started a FB group: "US immigration to Canada". Please join. I'm so grateful for all the help here that I thought I'd open it up to others and we can always redirect here and share other stories!!