AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
So at this point, we can all expect our sponsors approved by Mississauga and applications forwarded to/waiting in Buffalo by Christmas?

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
What a nice christmas gift that would be! Well I guess it will depend on the application too. Inland likely to take a while longer. Our processing will be done in Sydney once the sponsorship approved in Mississauga.

MizzCanAm

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-08-2010
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
LANDED..........
09-03-2012
canadayogini said:
yay Pharoh, it's out of your hands now and we look forward to more updates.

Name Office Ap.Sent Ap.Rcv Approval InProcess AOR PPR LANDED

canadayogini Sydney 01/11 06/11
Jen85 London 01/11 03/11
jma Nairobi 29/10 01/11
lemony_20 Vegreville 27/10 01/11
Getson ? 03/11
serenifly Alberta 01/11
Pharoh Buffalo 12/11 15/11
MizzCanAm Buffalo 05/11
coldgirl Vegreville 30/10 04/11
CanuckyInItaly Rome 01/11

Did I get everyone and all the details correct? Please let me know if I have missed anybody.

mijo - hope to add you to the list, keep us informed of how the application is going
dishy - good for you to take the pressure off. at one time I planned to get it all done in 2 weeks and after feeling very stressed I realised that wasn't realistic. sometimes we've just got to reduce our expectations of ourselves and grant some breathing room, things tend to flow better that way. Let us know as your application progresses.

Looks good. You can add that my App was received by CPC-M on 08/11. Thanks

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
Hey guys. I feel like a huge thing lifted off my shoulder! We've had a strange run away sort of wedding (o yea that was a whole lot of drama), I am from Canada but my hubby is at Bangladesh. That's where we got married, I had to come back to finish my studies meanwhile paperwork didnt move an inch because of a lot of stuff. I went back in the summer and initally had planned to finish everything there (in bangladesh) and courier it to CPC Mississauga. But ofcourse then my parents and other relatives started saying how sending stuff from back home might not be a good idea, meanwhile we were still not done the paperwork (major flaw from our part) and were still getting the medical and police check done for my hubby.
So after a veryyyy long year of a lot of things, I am still happy that I sent EVERYTHING together today, November 14th 2010. It's supposed to be there by tomorrow. Meanwhile I had a very rough last week, something went terribly wrong with the hubby and he basically shut himself off from me and i was soo lost with what to do, even with the application being on hold. He atleast talked to me today, talked with my parents longer (I sort of convinced him to talk to them). I am hoping things will get better.

PHEW. I mentioned everything going on my mind! I wish all of the Novermber applicants good luck and myself too! I am just praying there wont be any delays anywhere. I am going to check this thread on a regular basis!

Oh one more thing. The office that's going to process his paperwork is the Singapore one and I have been reading some not so good (and some good) things about them. Has anyone else done that and if they want to share their experience regarding it?

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
blues said:
Hey guys. I feel like a huge thing lifted off my shoulder! We've had a strange run away sort of wedding (o yea that was a whole lot of drama), I am from Canada but my hubby is at Bangladesh. That's where we got married, I had to come back to finish my studies meanwhile paperwork didnt move an inch because of a lot of stuff. I went back in the summer and initally had planned to finish everything there (in bangladesh) and courier it to CPC Mississauga. But ofcourse then my parents and other relatives started saying how sending stuff from back home might not be a good idea, meanwhile we were still not done the paperwork (major flaw from our part) and were still getting the medical and police check done for my hubby.
So after a veryyyy long year of a lot of things, I am still happy that I sent EVERYTHING together today, November 14th 2010. It's supposed to be there by tomorrow. Meanwhile I had a very rough last week, something went terribly wrong with the hubby and he basically shut himself off from me and i was soo lost with what to do, even with the application being on hold. He atleast talked to me today, talked with my parents longer (I sort of convinced him to talk to them). I am hoping things will get better.

PHEW. I mentioned everything going on my mind! I wish all of the Novermber applicants good luck and myself too! I am just praying there wont be any delays anywhere. I am going to check this thread on a regular basis!

Oh one more thing. The office that's going to process his paperwork is the Singapore one and I have been reading some not so good (and some good) things about them. Has anyone else done that and if they want to share their experience regarding it?
Hi blues,

Welcome to the thread! It's great to have you here. Congratulations on finally getting everything mailed out. My spouse and I mailed out our application on Friday. It does feel good to have it out of your hands, doesn't it? Now you get to play the waiting game, too! I hope yours gets processed quickly. I also hope you're able to talk with your husband, and reconcile and issues there. I'm sure you will.

MizzCanAm

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-08-2010
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
LANDED..........
09-03-2012
Hi Blues,

Welcome to the November group. This immigration process sure puts a lot of pressure on relationships. It is very stressful getting the applications put together and getting all the supporting documents you need. It was stressful for me trying to make the applications and supporting documents perfect. I am sure it's not perfect, but I did the best I could. Then once I mailed the applications out, I started to second guess myself with 'Did I sign this paper' and 'Did I remember to sign that paper' (even tho I went through the applications many times) and 'I should have sent more pictures' or 'I should have sent more letters from friends'....and on and on and on.

It's out of our hands now and we just have to wait and cross our fingers that everything goes smooth. Things will get better. We are here if you need anyone to talk with.

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
Hey hey everyone !

My name is Riham, I am new here. I am sponsoring my husband in from Lebanon and I am living in Canada.. we got married in June 2010. Finally after over 2 months of working on gathering all the right documents and getting papers translated.. I'VE SENT THE APPLICATION !! lol That was somewhat of an exciting action.. more so would be getting the approval...

For our application I made sure to fill out every single piece of paper in the application even those that did not apply and wrote N/A all over. Sent over 50 pictures of the wedding/engagement/outings before and after marriage so they won't ask us for anymore lol.. skype call logs, phone bills, cellphone and home, passport copy of stamps in and out of country, plane tickets, 9 passport pictures of my husband with sig, name, dob and date pic was taken on the back. We also included everything else that was mentioned on the checklist... civil documents, family, police clearance, marriage certificate, proof of job (all translated from arabic to english) as well as the medical paper we got in Beirut after doing the medical exam and receipt of full payment of 1040$ + copy 2... I paid it off all at once that way they won't have to contact me later and slow down the process !!

I'm really hoping it doesn't take too long !! I can't remember 1 thing I did not add.... I sent the whole application with all supporting documents on this past Monday November, 8th 2010.

Hope everyone can share experiences in here ! I will keep reading the forum and good luck to everyone !!!

Also .. 1 question... how can I check if they received my application or not ? I got a receipt from PostOffice.. help !! thanks
xoxo Riham

S

serenifly

canadayogini said:
Name Office Ap.Sent Ap.Rcv Approval InProcess AOR PPR LANDED

canadayogini Sydney 01/11 06/11
Jen85 London 01/11 03/11
jma Nairobi 29/10 01/11
lemony_20 Vegreville 27/10 01/11
Getson ? 03/11
serenifly Alberta 01/11
Pharoh Buffalo 12/11 15/11
MizzCanAm Buffalo 05/11
coldgirl Vegreville 30/10 04/11
CanuckyInItaly Rome 01/11
Serenifly Vegreville 30/10 04/11
Did I get everyone and all the details correct? Please let me know if I have missed anybody.
I kinda just added myself lol ... is there an official way of doing this?

Inland sponsorship preparing to wait a year lol

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
Ahhhh im so happy !! I just checked on Canada Post and tracked my shipppinngg anddddddd this is what it looks like !!

Track History
Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2010/11/12 08:20 MISSISSAUGA Item successfully delivered
2010/11/11 23:10 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2010/11/08 13:56 OTTAWA Item accepted at the Post Office

Yayyy!! they received it on the 11th !!

good luck to all will definitely keep you posted !! xoxo

mijo

Oct 24, 2010
I'm so happy for all of you guys and I can't wait to officially be part of this thread once I sent the application from my husband.
It's just that each time we feel like everything is ok we end up adding more stuff but anyhow it's got to be sent eventually.
I wish all of us good luck and lots of courage for the upcoming wait hopefully it won't be too long.

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Great to see all the newcomers to the November thread. Congrats to those that have finally sent off your applications. Now it is just sit tight and wait. I keep watching the October thread and they seem to be about half way through the month with decisions on sponsorship. Shouldn't be too long for us early November applicants!

Don't worry Mijo, no point in rushing your application as that is how mistakes are made. Make it perfect and then send it in.

MizzCanAm, I try not to think about the application now I have sent it in...or I drive myself crazy worrying if I missed something.

Lets hope we start hearing some good news soon!

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
Pharoh and Mizzcanam, thanks for the kind words of support!!

also im totally with Jen there, ever since i mailed it i try not to think about the application because i figured theres no point to it now lol.. whats done is done and hopefully nothings done wrong!

im a little pissed at canada post! i express shipped it, as far as it said was by doing an express it would reach the very next day. and this is only from brampton to mississauga! but as i checked the tracking number today it says that item processed at postal facility with yesterday's date. i really hope it gets delivered today just dont want to get delayed some more!

geminibella/Riham's post reminded me of something. that picture thing was very confusing. I think it mentioned that you'd have to send pictures for your spouse's family members (mom,dad, etc) ALSO even though they are not going to get sponsored right now. Do I remember this clearly because I actually did send in 9 pictures for his mom and dad. I am just asking in general what did u guys do?

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Hey blues,

I'm in the same boat with you, as far as Canada Post goes. My wife and I shipped it next-day on Friday. It didn't show up yesterday.

The tracking today shows:

MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility.

No out for delivery or anything. It's just sitting there, in Mississauga. Grrrr. I want my $40 back.

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
40$ where did u ship it from??

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
blues said:
40$ where did u ship it from??
Next-day from Edmonton, Alberta.

EDIT:

My application is officially at CIC Mississauga!

2010/11/16 11:20 MISSISSAUGA Item successfully delivered

NOW we're officially waiting... 8)