Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
My parents have the letter in the US, I may go down there and send it from there or have them mail me the letter. The NYC office doesn't take them in person or I'd be on the next bus!! They also won't send your passport back to Canada via anything but regular mail, which makes me very nervous... so I may wait with my parents. It could be up to 30 days though.. hopefully it won't be! I have to wait for hubby to return to discuss this! Thanks for the congrats!!

My dad called and said I got something from the Canadian consulate.. and I was like "It cant' be ppr, it can't be!" But it was!!! :D :D

Yeah, the job search begins!! There's a supervisor position at a bookstore nearby ;) We all gotta start somewhere!!

wmaitner

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
*sigh* This is so damn depressing seeing absolutely no activity on our application. Every time I see someone getting a transfer or a PPR I want to scream and rip my notebook in half. I am so fed up with the total lack of activity or communication. *sigh*

S

SaugaBoss

wmaitner said:
*sigh* This is so damn depressing seeing absolutely no activity on our application. Every time I see someone getting a transfer or a PPR I want to scream and rip my notebook in half. I am so fed up with the total lack of activity or communication. *sigh*
same :(

even a june buffalo person got their PPR! (happy for them ofcourse :)) but this process is retarded

at least your interview got waived i heard no news since my AOR...im surprised how we have feb and march applicants still waiting! that would totally make me so depressed!

wmaitner

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaugaBoss said:
same :(

even a june buffalo person got their PPR! (happy for them ofcourse :)) but this process is retarded

at least your interview got waived i heard no news since my AOR...im surprised how we have feb and march applicants still waiting! that would totally make me so depressed!
The thing that bothers me is that with the interview waiver came the request for the medicals and the FBI clearance. We emailed an address change, but nothing changed on ecas. No news, even after sending a second FBI letter. I just wish there was a standard web form to let you know your status when you logged into ecas. Something that tells you when they get the medicals, FBI clearance, interview status, what they are waiting on, etc... The lack of information is the hardest thing about this whole process. Maybe this should be suggested to the Immigration Minister.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I'm sorry guys :(

Buffalo is just.. terrible. I emailed them my address change and they disregarded it. I never got an AOR in the mail.. they sent me an email, but it was the wrong form letter, the one for FSW class! Now I've been approved and ecas just changed today to say that medical results were received, lol.

I hope you guys get PPR really soon.

sophienguyen

Aug 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PPR from sing i goi it ;D,im so happy now,now i just go shopping and shoping :p ;D,thanks god,cic started processing my app so quick i cant believe

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello sbwv09,
In regard to your message ,Buffalo is just.. terrible. I emailed them my address change and they disregarded it. I never got an AOR in the mail.. they sent me an email, but it was the wrong form letter, the one for FSW class! Now I've been approved and ecas just changed today to say that medical results were received, lol.

Dont email them your address jsut updated on the website where you check your ecas status where it says change of address after you log in your info and changes will be made within 15 days according to the website however mine got updated after four days to the correct new address.

all the best and congrats

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Kamal, you are mistaken. That form is only for those dealing with visa offices inside of Canada. The Buffalo website says very specifically not to use that form for address changes.

Yay, sophie :)

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am outland application just updated my address but maybe becuause never got my address correct so they enter my spouse address in canada which got updated which is fine with me as long as i got the mail they send to me on time,
good luck

S

SaugaBoss

wmaitner said:
The thing that bothers me is that with the interview waiver came the request for the medicals and the FBI clearance. We emailed an address change, but nothing changed on ecas. No news, even after sending a second FBI letter. I just wish there was a standard web form to let you know your status when you logged into ecas. Something that tells you when they get the medicals, FBI clearance, interview status, what they are waiting on, etc... The lack of information is the hardest thing about this whole process. Maybe this should be suggested to the Immigration Minister.
it is frustrating they ask for one thing and never speak of it again...i wish i knew what they were looking at.. my thing is basic.. 23 and 26 never married no kids... nothing missing (mailed RPRF in August and FBI last week, without them requesting it)
i know and its more annoying that we have no live person to talk to! even the US immigration is better :p at least they talk to u... not liking Canada already :p :p (just kidding)

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
I'm honestly wondering if the people getting quick approval sent in complete apps. I am really surprised to see so many people saying they sent in their RPRF and FBI clearance AFTER the original app submission. I sent everything together in the beginning back in May. I had read that anything sent later delays it, sometimes significantly. As in the file is looked over and set aside for a set period of time where it is not looked at no matter if you send in the required stuff in the interim. They just push ahead with the completed apps and after the set amount of time go back to the other files. Curious if this holds true.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Vervain, that's what I read... that they put a 90 day bring forward period on files while waiting for docs, fees, etc. I don't know if it always ends up being quite that long, but that's the reason that we delayed mailing our application for about a month... to make sure that it was 100% complete. I'd rather wait when I know what we are waiting on as opposed to being in immigration limbo!

That being said, it seems that some cases are complete and still have to wait... an example is when FBI records are inexplicably lost by the visa office, etc.

But for anyone still compiling their application, send it COMPLETE, and send all the fees beforehand!

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
sbwv09 said:
Vervain, that's what I read... that they put a 90 day bring forward period on files while waiting for docs, fees, etc. I don't know if it always ends up being quite that long, but that's the reason that we delayed mailing our application for about a month... to make sure that it was 100% complete. I'd rather wait when I know what we are waiting on as opposed to being in immigration limbo!

That being said, it seems that some cases are complete and still have to wait... an example is when FBI records are inexplicably lost by the visa office, etc.

But for anyone still compiling their application, send it COMPLETE, and send all the fees beforehand!
That is the part that irks me to no end. When important documents are lost. My employer would have had my hide if I lost something that important. Of course I am sure that no one admits to losing anything...just insists that it was never there to begin with. Also, I know when I was in publishing (PhDs and Theses archiving) we did intake of supplemental documents, contracts etc. They went into a separate file by name of institution and when the manuscripts were unpacked that individual was supposed to ALWAYS check the file and match up these extra documents. Sometimes months would pass and I would receive calls asking about the status of submissions. I would go check the file and I would find the submission with a note for missing materials and the missing materials (stamped as received before the manuscript) in the same exact file!!! It made me so angry, but there you have it. There's lazy and lax in every office.

S

SaugaBoss

with me though...they never asked for the docs i mailed them in advance anyways... like the FBI i heard from a lot of CIC ppl that if its 2 weeks old u probably wont need one but i mailed one in anyways... and then the RPRF my husband didnt know he had to to pay it when i found out it delays it i paid it ASAP! i mailed a receipt to Buffalo and Mississauga and faxed it as well!!! like my app is now complete lol without them asking for the stuff!!! i want to hear something tomm its my husbands bday :D :D :D :D :D