Interview........
Passport Req..
18 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
10 oct
LANDED..........
24 oct
CandC2009 said:
I'm going to order the CAIPs notes so i can take them with me to my MPs office, though...right now they're prolly out in Ottawa for Jack Layton's Funeral :(
wat are caip notes :( plz anbdy tell me

aman3151

Aug 1, 2011
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 March 2011
File Transfer...
5 April 2011
Med's Done....
21 december 2010
Interview........
Passport Req..
18 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
10 oct
LANDED..........
24 oct
kayan said:
http://immigrationguides.com/content/view/207/110/
thnks alot kayan

Miguel de Cervantes

Dec 6, 2010
rathika2011 said:
wow that is great congrats.......i just wanted to ask u since u been threw the interview what are the questions asked? if u can give me an example cause my hubby has to go 4 an interview as well..hope to get a reply thanks
I can tell you that they didn't ask any of the questions from the lists that are going around this website! I lived in Romania with my husband, and maybe that's the difference. They didn't ask from the inland lists, or the outland lists...my husband was asked how we met, if it was something religious, if someone introduced us, and if that's how things are done in our "religion". My husband mainly ended up talking a lot about his own family and work to the interviewer...I'm not sure what I can tell you to help prepare for an interview...it would probably be better if you could find someone from Colombo who did an interview. I was also brought in and asked a few questions for about five minutes. At the time, the lady gave us no hope whatsoever about the result...we waited a little over a month I believe it was, for the answer. Sorry, I don't really think this is much help for you.

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
Miguel de Cervantes said:
I can tell you that they didn't ask any of the questions from the lists that are going around this website! I lived in Romania with my husband, and maybe that's the difference. They didn't ask from the inland lists, or the outland lists...my husband was asked how we met, if it was something religious, if someone introduced us, and if that's how things are done in our "religion". My husband mainly ended up talking a lot about his own family and work to the interviewer...I'm not sure what I can tell you to help prepare for an interview...it would probably be better if you could find someone from Colombo who did an interview. I was also brought in and asked a few questions for about five minutes. At the time, the lady gave us no hope whatsoever about the result...we waited a little over a month I believe it was, for the answer. Sorry, I don't really think this is much help for you.
thanks for ur reply......im so nervous about the interview........but he knows everything about me and i know about him.......so lets hope the best...god bless

SANDY2010

Aug 28, 2011
FloridaNative said:
Hi Everyone!

I am wondering how many people from the December group are still waiting? Anyone going through Buffalo? Anyone moving from the States to Canada? My husband and I have heard nothing. E-Cas states they started processing my app. May 9th, but that is it. No mail or email contact. I am so frustrated.
Congrats to all those who are moving through...it gives me some sort of hope.
Hi FloridaNative... Im Colombian and my husband is Canadian, we applied on December 2010 in Mississauga, he was approved as my sponsor so the papers where sent to Bogota, Colombia...then I got a letter (brown envelope with the labels) on April this year asking me to pay de DEFENSE SYSTEMS COLOMBIAN fee (COL$40.000), I did it, after that I havent received any information and I dont know what to do....Can someone tell me whats the next step?...
I would love to hear about your story....
Thanks in advance!!!!...

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Fingers crossed I get my passport back this week, didn't get the fastest time so now just hoping for a quick return time lol

BandC

Aug 28, 2011
Hello all,

I just signed my wife and I up on this site to post on this forum... actually, it is the first forum either one of us has posted on, so I hope I'm doing it right.

Anyways, I have periodically skimmed through the posts on the "December Applicants" thread as we, too, are December-ers. I haven't signed us up on this forum in the past because everytime I read other applicants getting updates on their apps I become overwhelmed with anger, worry (... worry that something is wrong with our app), and jealousy, which leaves me too afread of posting an offensive or innappropriate comment. j/k.

I am a Canadian citizen, my wife is from Connecticut.
Med's done September 10, 2010
Application received in Mississauga December 17, 2010
I, the sponsor, accepted January 21, 2011
Application received in Buffalo sometime in mid-March, 2011
That's all we've gotten...

I decided to post today in an attempt to cheer any other December applicants up (at least those who are still waiting for any correspondence from Buffalo) by letting you know that we are in the same group as you.... We usually lie awake at night worrying about the time its been since we've heard anything and, consequenty, we have developed a serious drinking problem... ok, maybe not that serious... but it drives us crazy knowing that our life will be in limbo until she is a landed immigrant.

We are now nearing the 12 month anniversary of my wife getting her medical examination done (September 10, 2010) and now we are not sure whether this might expire on Sept 10 and, therefore, further delay the process... DOES ANYONE KNOW WHETHER THE MEDICAL EXAM EXPIRES? AND, IF SO, HOW LONG IS IT VALID FOR?

Ignoring all of the thousands of questions/comments/concern/thought we have directed towards this entire application process, I will say one more thing... in July we e-mailed the case-specific e-mail address for Buffalo asking for an update on our application. As most of you can assume, we received the same generic e-mail response I've seen most of you receive when you've e-mailed them stating that the application is in process and they cannot say when it will be completed... blah blah blah...

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BandC said:
We are now nearing the 12 month anniversary of my wife getting her medical examination done (September 10, 2010) and now we are not sure whether this might expire on Sept 10 and, therefore, further delay the process... DOES ANYONE KNOW WHETHER THE MEDICAL EXAM EXPIRES? AND, IF SO, HOW LONG IS IT VALID FOR?
The medicals are valid for a year from the date you had them done on, after which they do expire. My husband's have expired this month. We emailed Buffalo twice about this, and got the same response both times, pretty much stating that if they want us to do anything, they will contact us. We have decided to wait and see if they request another medical exam from us. Some people get extensions on their medicals, I think it is especially true if they are close to making a decision on your application.

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
lnl said:
Fingers crossed I get my passport back this week, didn't get the fastest time so now just hoping for a quick return time lol
Hope you get it this week.

We are still working out our landing location we had originally planned for YYZ but airfare from Florida to Toronto seems a little high both buffalo and Detroit are at least $100 cheaper with Detroit cheaper than Buffalo. At least we have options

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
confusednscared said:
Hey everyone,

I hope you all are doing great wherever you are in the world.

I apologize for not being around in the forum too often like I used to. I have major updates to share with you all.

My PPR came about 2 weeks ago and my DHL package with VISA and documents including approved Authorization to Return to Canada arrived yesterday. It's finally O V E R !!!!!

It feels very surreal that I can finally put all this stress and worries about CIC behind my back now. My visa is only for a month so I will be making a quick push in about 2-3 weeks time.

POS works but I think they do their jobs at snails' pace. Nonetheless, I did it and kept sane for all this time.

Finally, after waiting for over 2 years (June 2009-Present) I can say "this is over"

Thank you all for your dearest support and kind words of encouragement throughout this process. I know even though I created this forum I haven't been there 24/7 to provide support to each one of you. I am a guy and its very difficult multitasking :(

Members will always come and go in this forum and I hope that whomsoever read my posts must remember clearly that CIC is indeed a strong battle and struggle in life but once you keep faith, sanity and strong determination to fight this battle, it'll come through.

I will still be around checking for your updates and stories.

Best wishes to all of you

Much respect,
Confusednscared.
I saw this on the Port of Spain thread this guy had been waiting since 2009 has an incredible story of endurance thought I would share it to give some of us the hope and the will when things are down

whitehorsejk

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 1st, 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13th, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 6th, 2011
Passport Req..
March 1st, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 26th, 2011
LANDED..........
Fall of 2011
Hi everyone,

It has been a long time since I have been on here and I'm glad to see that some of you that have been waiting a long time for things have finally got your visas. And for those of you still waiting, I hope you get some good news soon.

So right at this moment my husband is 'landing' in Vancouver. I hope it all goes smoothly for him. I wish I was with him because it is exciting to finally get to this point and I'd love to share it with him. Oh well...the big move for all of us from the UK is in November and I am sure that will be here soon enough.

Anyway, He is over for a week to look for work/job interview/ and look at places to rent when we make the big move. I hope he enjoys himself and we'll keep you updated when we finall move in November.

Cindy1

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
07-03-2011
File Transfer...
07-01-2011
Med's Done....
26-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Hi BandC,

We share similiar dates.

My husband's medicals are about to expire, late September. We emailed Buffalo (case specific) about two weeks ago, asking if we should re-do his medicals as they are about to expire. More than anything, wanted to get a sense if our file is nearly done. This whole process is so nerve racking, and stressful both individually and also on our honeymoon phase. Also I believe it's harder for a guy to wait out this process, I know it sounds sexiest, but I think it recks havoc with their ego, no being able to work or feel like they are contributing. Just my 2cents.

We did receive a reply, either the same day or the following day, stating that they have notified Ottawa (keeper of the medical) to extend the medical results. I had previously order CAIPS and the medical info for my husband is entered.

That being said, we continue to wait. More impatiently with each passing day. Please oh gods of Buffalo have mercy on us. :)

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cindy1 said:
That being said, we continue to wait. More impatiently with each passing day. Please oh gods of Buffalo have mercy on us. :)
Merciful gods in Buffalo? Not a chance... Just look at our major sports teams! :p :p :p