+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for December 2010 Applicants

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amaranth said:
Well, we heard from our MP's assistant a few days ago......

"I question the expertise of anyone associated with the forum you shared with me..." and "I fail to see how desperate and annoyed people can possibly offer each other any support..." Essentially summing it all up with we're all just selfish whiners and need to get over ourselves.
Clearly she is full of it!

Who is the MP?
Maybe a few "annoyed people" should contact the MP and remind him/her that they will become citizens at some point (and have a vote) :D

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
spiritrac said:
A couple of things (1) who made them aware of the forum (2) Sometimes the comments on the forum although intended to support, vent and help can be quite damaging thats the reason I always said to take it easy we dont know who read these forums
Does it really matter WHO made her aware? It's a PUBLIC forum. Many a google search for Canadian immigration information has links to both this forum and the site it's associated with. And why does it matter who might or might not read these forums? Do you think CIC is going to look at us and say "aww, they're whining again. let's throw a few more delays at them, just for funsies! LOL"... No. Not bloody likely.

I've asked you before, and I'll ask again: where else are we supposed to vent and find support? I don't have anyone in real life I can discuss this crap with, and I've seen many others say the same. I come here because I know there are others who understand the frustration and stress (and eventually happiness, for most) this process can cause. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Why is it such a big deal to you if the rest of us vent here?

I stopped posting for awhile to avoid being lectured every damn time I post. I'll go back to lurking now. ::)

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Baloo said:
Clearly she is full of it!

Who is the MP?
Maybe a few "annoyed people" should contact the MP and remind him/her that they will become citizens at some point (and have a vote) :D
Judy Sgro, York West riding. She's actually a very nice person, and has done some pretty good things in our area. Totally not the type of MP who gets the vote, then is never seen or heard in the riding again. It's her assistant I'm not crazy about, haha. Would it look petty if I name her assistant too? :p

The funny part is, the assistant's card lists her title as "Immigration Advisor/Constituency Assistant". She told us at the very beginning her job in the MP's office is to help with immigration stuff. We're in a VERY immigrant heavy part of Toronto. I hope she's more professional with the other people she "helps". All we wanted to do was see if there was a way to find out what the December to February delay really was/is, not try to push our own case through. Ah well.

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
amaranth said:
Judy Sgro, York West riding. She's actually a very nice person, and has done some pretty good things in our area. Totally not the type of MP who gets the vote, then is never seen or heard in the riding again. It's her assistant I'm not crazy about, haha. Would it look petty if I name her assistant too? :p

The funny part is, the assistant's card lists her title as "Immigration Advisor/Constituency Assistant". She told us at the very beginning her job in the MP's office is to help with immigration stuff. We're in a VERY immigrant heavy part of Toronto. I hope she's more professional with the other people she "helps". All we wanted to do was see if there was a way to find out what the December to February delay really was/is, not try to push our own case through. Ah well.
Try to stay positive, I know it's hard but try, you must be due news soon!!!

We were told that our application had been 'caught up in a system update' in Mississauga, Mississauga updated our file to confirm payment but then was supposed to send off an email to London, although it showed on a file that CIC accessed, it never showed on the file that London accessed - hence London kept asking for RPRF when already paid. Our local mp office was informed of this from a senior immigration official who looked into our case when the enquiry was made by our mp.

Maybe you are also caught up in the 'system update'?

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lnl said:
Try to stay positive, I know it's hard but try, you must be due news soon!!!

We were told that our application had been 'caught up in a system update' in Mississauga, Mississauga updated our file to confirm payment but then was supposed to send off an email to London, although it showed on a file that CIC accessed, it never showed on the file that London accessed - hence London kept asking for RPRF when already paid. Our local mp office was informed of this from a senior immigration official who looked into our case when the enquiry was made by our mp.

Maybe you are also caught up in the 'system update'?
No idea. I do know my file has been in Buffalo since Jan. 26, but from the info I got from the MP's assistant, they haven't even started the background checks, or any of the other "in process" type stuff. We paid everything upfront, so that shouldn't cause a delay once they finally get around to it.

For the most part, I have been able to stay positive lately... mostly by ignoring the whole thing! (and being immensely distracted by family drama, hah) The tone and contents of the email from the MP assistant just caught me off guard. Like I said, I was more interested in finding out what was delaying the whole Dec-Feb Buffalo group, not looking for a quickie answer on my own application...

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
amaranth said:
No idea. I do know my file has been in Buffalo since Jan. 26, but from the info I got from the MP's assistant, they haven't even started the background checks, or any of the other "in process" type stuff. We paid everything upfront, so that shouldn't cause a delay once they finally get around to it.

For the most part, I have been able to stay positive lately... mostly by ignoring the whole thing! (and being immensely distracted by family drama, hah) The tone and contents of the email from the MP assistant just caught me off guard. Like I said, I was more interested in finding out what was delaying the whole Dec-Feb Buffalo group, not looking for a quickie answer on my own application...
For info, even some who paid upfront at the beginning (we stupidly missed that on the application!) were still requesting payment to be made when they got to that stage, so that makes us think the glitch didn't just mess up our timeline...just a thought

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
amaranth said:
Does it really matter WHO made her aware? It's a PUBLIC forum. Many a google search for Canadian immigration information has links to both this forum and the site it's associated with. And why does it matter who might or might not read these forums? Do you think CIC is going to look at us and say "aww, they're whining again. let's throw a few more delays at them, just for funsies! LOL"... No. Not bloody likely.

I've asked you before, and I'll ask again: where else are we supposed to vent and find support? I don't have anyone in real life I can discuss this crap with, and I've seen many others say the same. I come here because I know there are others who understand the frustration and stress (and eventually happiness, for most) this process can cause. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Why is it such a big deal to you if the rest of us vent here?

I stopped posting for awhile to avoid being lectured every damn time I post. I'll go back to lurking now. ::)
Why are you taking things so personal I was only asking general questions not to lecture you or anyone about anything what I was trying to say is that although the forum is a place to find help and sometimes to vent our frustrations we still have to be careful in our tone it was not meant to you personally but a general statement

quakingaspen

Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Amaranth is not the only one who has felt that your comments are restrictive. We all understand that you are well intentioned and that you are trying to help people stay positive and get through this process... but, seriously, this is the one place in the world where people should be able to say what they feel about this process - positive or negative - without someone telling them to "buck up".

There are many people on these forums with a lot of expertise. There is nowhere else that is as supportive as here - even if everyone is stressed out and annoyed. We ALL understand what the others are going through, and that should give us an extra measure of patience, compassion, and interest in each other.

I'm not trying to be unkind, but you do go a little too heavy on the "Stop complaining, it could be worse." It makes people feel like they can't express themselves, or what they're feeling is somehow "wrong". And that is not the case.

I'm really glad that you have chosen to take a positive attitude and to approach this with the conviction that it will not get you down - but everyone here is different, every situation is different, and every personality is different. Please let people express themselves, as they have given you the space to express yourself and your positive attitude.

I hope that you get your second PPR soon that that this process will be over for you. I hope that everyone here can put a positive end to this chapter of their lives. But until then, I will be more than happy to read all the moping, complaining, grumping, venting, cheering, joy, and tears that come through this forum. The only thing I will criticize is those who tell someone that they should feel other than they do. That isn't what this place is here for. This is a safe place for all manner of feelings.

arunkumar_c

Apr 30, 2011
Who wants to make a game of this :)

Who from this december group thinks he/she will be the last person to get his/her PR stamped in their passport.

I am voting for myself :p

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
amaranth said:

I feel like I have to set the record straight with a few things. I have never said that a person cannot vent their frustrations nor have I ever tried to imply about complaints, all I have ever tried to do is to look at the brighter side of things and offer another perspective. Recently I have been accused of being highhanded with my comments and lecturing others I have apologized to the two persons personally by private email but want to state that it was never an intention of mine to be seen as having no empathy, we are all going thru this process. I just happen to have a different perspective on somethings.

My process started last June 2010 medicals done application filed Nov 2010 sent back and refiled Dec my wife has gained PPR July 31, but my son still says Application received since Jan 26. The VO's requested why I did not file for him sooner, they got an answer, they then asked for a birth certificate, we sent one the rejected that one and asked for one closer to the date he was born we did not have one but sent a detailed explanation and then followed up by sending his original child health records from the date he was born we told them we were willing to do a DNA test if needed, its been almost 3 months since that was sent I have not heard a peep from them but I believe they are doing their Job they will get around to it when they can that's the position I take POS says 15 month average time to completion then I don't control the process so I wait. With all of that going on how can anyone think that I am unsympathetic to their plight.

I understand the feelings and I have been as frustrated as anyone on these forums but refuse to make negative comments about VO's or anyone for that matter because having dealt with Visa officers in the past with hiring of international employees and others I find that most of them are professional and their first responsibility is as a law enforcement officer.

What I have tried to do in short is to encourage us to hang in there look at the bright side "Hope for the best but prepare for the worst " I don't think that that is lecturing.

Again if I have offended you guys I am truly sorry and you can rest assured no one in this December forum will be able after this post to call me high handed or trying to lecture them again for this is my last post on this forum until if and when my son's process is completed good luck to all of you and I hope that your family reunification happens soon

Until then OVER and OUT

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
My hubby and I reread back over the last few threads and we see both sides. This is a forum to support others, ask questions and at times to let off steam - we respect the opinions of everyone here. There's days when everyone feels totally downhearted by the whole process and depending on what support network we have in family and friends this forum channel can mean a lot...but at the same time we are going through a legal administrative process and some of what spiritrac said we agree with, and we both do believe that these forums will be checked by those in a more official capacity, come on employers check social networking sites for information on applicants so why wouldn't officials check the equivalent sites to do with immigration?

I'm visiting my hubby here in Canada whilst we go through this final part, my support network, apart from my hubby, is in England so I understand amaranth when he says he has no one in rl to talk too as my husbands family haven't got a clue. I'm sure we'll all agree this process is hard enough without resorting to 'bulletin board warfare', words from hubby lol.

We want to know how everyone gets along with this process, and hope that everyone feels like their information is valid. :)

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Passport has been away 7 days so far, 10 days left to have it back to get a quick time for obe part of this process lol

Still no news about extended visitors visa though, that's been 37 days for that one lol...

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
Hey all, Long time no see. Nothng new here (Sadly) But I'm hopeful we shall hear something this week :)

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
CandC2009 said:
Hey all, Long time no see. Nothng new here (Sadly) But I'm hopeful we shall hear something this week :)
Fingers crossed for you, everyone from December should have news soon!!