Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
I received some news today, left me a little deflated. VO in Port of Spain is asking for my son's original birth certificate close to the date that he was born (so silly) I sent them the birth certificate we got from the government's office in May similar to the one we got last May 2010, what they dont understand is every time they asked for a birth certificate we have to go to the registry and get one and it would be signed on the day it was given not the original date when his birth was registered this is so frustrating because this is the second time they have asked for the same item

Trish1982

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
03-31-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 LA
Well- I mailed my MP yesterday got a standard office reply so far but hoping to speak with someone this week.

If anyone else is planning to send a letter, you can use mine as an example:

Dear Mr. Dennis Bevington,

I wanted to inform you that I am a Canadian citizen in your constituency, and I appreciate what you have done for our community. In the last election, I was the first person in MY TOWN to have Don come over and nail up a NDP sign! I was born and raised in the North, and we have full intentions of staying in the north.
I am getting in touch with you because my husband has applied to come to live here as a permanent resident under family class spousal sponsorship. We applied in November 2010. Like many individuals, we are stuck because there was a recent computer change for all the US offices that caused a delay in the processing of our application. Basically what we're seeing on a number of forums online, is all applicants registered on said forums through Buffalo (USA) between October 2010 and February 2011 are at a standstill, while applicants from March April and even May through the same embassy (Buffalo) are already receiving their passport requests. It seems as if they have skipped over 4 months of people and just started handing out visas to all the newer applicants.
Here are the addresses to the forums, if you have time to look you will see better than I can explain here, what we are going through.
http://www.roadtocanada.com/forums/index.php
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/
http://www.immigration.ca/forum/default.asp
Here is a link to a spreadsheet one of the members had made, logging all reported applicant activity through the Buffalo group. as I write this I am on day 212 of waiting. My name on the spreadsheet is "Trish1982".
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?authkey=CLSRv0c&pli=1&hl=en&key=tSwhpbL3i0FEVj1Fw4efAcg&hl=en&authkey=CLSRv0c#gid=0

It is beyond frustrating to me, to sit here and look at all the time involved in preparing our application, making sure everything is just right then to see someone who applied 5 months after me land in Canada. My husband and I have been together since 2004, we were married in 2008, we have 2 small children together aged 3 and 5. We sent a great application with tons of proof of our marriage and relationship.
I am bringing this to your attention because I am afraid that the process is taking too long. Trying to raise our children on a single income is taking it's toll, we are living cheque to cheque and I honestly don't think we would be able to make it if it weren't for childtax benefits. Luckily, my husband is in Canada now with us on a Visitors Record (expiring May 2013)and he watches the children while I work.
By contacting you, I hope you are able to assist us, and also the large number of people that applied from October 2010 to February 2011 that I fear are also delayed. Specifically, I hope that something can be done to allow Buffalo speedier processing of their very heavy Canadian family class workload, and/or there is concerted effort made so that families can be reunited sooner to avoid the system (computer changes) from affecting us. I have contacted the embassy a few times, twice regarding an address change from my husbands American address listed on the application, to my Canadian address after he was issued his visitor extension. There was no response both times. We waited a few weeks, then sent a general inquiry concerning the dating on our AOR. Ecas lists Application received Jan 2011, the letter we received in the mail lists application received as March 2011. I questioned the dates, and buffalo responded by saying they received our application in January but didn't create a file for us until March. So our file sat there untouched for 3 months. Also, in the email we had asked if the address change had been processed, they responded with the address currently on file for us and it was not changed. We responded by asking AGAIN for an address change to which we have no response yet. If you are able to inquire about our case, and maybe find out why our application is not being worked on, but yet applicants from 3-4 months AFTER us are already getting APPROVED. If we can get an address change done, and if we can find out the status of our application. We have not received anything from Buffalo besides the AOR, no initial assessment, no medicals received, nothing. Your help is much appreciated.

My information is the following:
Name:
DOB:
Address:
Contact #:
Spouse's Name:
Spouse DOB:
Client #
Kit ID#:

If you need to know anything else, please don't hesitate to call. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

ConfusedinCanada

Oct 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
Hi Trish1982,

I sent a very similar letter to my MP and received a response yesterday. Very frustrating response as it restated everything that we already knew about the process and was nothing helpful AT ALL. Here is what it said:

We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like. Family reunification is a priority of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. However, it is a 2-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only. Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada.

As mentioned above, individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements. CIC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which we have no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, the applicant is required to update their results. The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. In addition, incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant(s) or accompanying or non-accompanying dependant(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education and business dealings in different geographical areas, can also significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to complete an application.

Current statistics based on historical processing data indicate that officers in Buffalo are finalizing 80% of applications in this category in approximately 11 months from the date of receipt of the completed application. It appears that this application is proceeding normally with no unexpected or unwarranted delays. Further information on processing times can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

avon

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1 2010
AOR Received.
March 2 2011
File Transfer...
Jan. 5 2011
Med's Request
received on IA Apr 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept 10, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 6, 2011
I received my PPR today, and hopefully others will too. I think this pressure from everyone had a bearing on my case, and I hope that Buffalo responds to everyone here. I am sure it is good that someone else made it through from the december thread. Hopefully the next one will be you. Thanks for sending the notes to the MP as I believe my PPR is on behalf of everyones work here. I am praying and hoping for the best for all of you...

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
congrats Avon.. This tells me that they are working on all fronts. The rest of us December folks going thru buffalo may yet see some action soon

Romain

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Kitchener Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2010
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
avon said:
I received my PPR today, and hopefully others will too. I think this pressure from everyone had a bearing on my case, and I hope that Buffalo responds to everyone here. I am sure it is good that someone else made it through from the december thread. Hopefully the next one will be you. Thanks for sending the notes to the MP as I believe my PPR is on behalf of everyones work here. I am praying and hoping for the best for all of you...
Congratulation Avon !
May i ask what are the other government organization CIC had to consult in your case (based on their communication to you last june) ?
We also have multiple countries involved and i am trying to guess how my 'additional' troubles that could bring

Thanks

avon

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1 2010
AOR Received.
March 2 2011
File Transfer...
Jan. 5 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept 10, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 6, 2011
thank you everyone.

@ Romain. They didn't tell me which agencies were inquiring about me. Here is a little bit of information that maybe of help. I am a US citizen, physician, have canadian wife, and dual canadian/us child. Been married for 6 years. I was born in the indian subcontinent, and spent close to 6 months in Zimbabwe. I can't imagine trying to get security clearance from Zimbabwe.

My wife works for a crown agency, and people inquired on my behalf whose job it is to recruit docs. They informed me that it had gone for background checks at the other agencies listed in my previous notes as I tried to figure out what happened to me, and in others above. It is good to know that when immigration was contacted they told these individuals to essentially bug off, and there was no favoratism given and I had to wait in line for my queue. I think there will be more of a concerted push on our applications, and if you check Buffalo website I can't find the place that said to wait because of computer changes and the delays associated with it, and hope that is the case and not just me looking it over.

quakingaspen

Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Congrats, Avon! That's excellent news. What are your next plans?

I hope this is a good sign regarding the future progress of the December group.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Avon......That's really a great news...we all need it.

Trish1982

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
03-31-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 LA
AVON! omgawwwwd It felt like I GOT PPR when i read someone from December did :)

WOooT! congrats to you!!!!

avon

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1 2010
AOR Received.
March 2 2011
File Transfer...
Jan. 5 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept 10, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 6, 2011
I worked 16 hours today, but in between places I treated myself to a nice dinner. I can't wait to see my son and wife that will be a celebration just to see them. I will stay and hoping that the rest of you guys will be getting ppr's soon. Hopefully this ppr will be a harbinger for good things to come for all of you.

I leave for Canada on around July 21st. I am still conflicted b/c I would love to drive the Vancouver to Toronto, and see the Canadian Rockies. Is it beautiful? Can I cross the border with some stuff, and then go to Buffalo get my PPR. Any advice?

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Congrats avon! It's so good to see even a little movement in our *immigration limbo* group. :)

(and congrats to anyone else who have seen movement... I'm far to lazy this morning to look back thru the posts I've missed the last few days, haha :p )

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
avon said:
Many congratulations Avon, that's great news for you...come on CIC, more good news for the December group please!!!

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read an article this morning in the paper about a Nigerian couple, where the husband (a law student in Canada) was sponsoring his wife (also a law student) to Canada. The immigration office dragged the process for two years, making her undergo 3 medical exams, a psych evaluation and alcohol screening (all of which without any good reason, or at least that's how it seemed from the article)...I cannot imagine the cost of all of this!! At the end, they blamed it all on technical difficulties in uploading her initial medical results to the system...Come on, instead of trying to resolve this issue themselves, they make the poor woman pay for extra tests...It seems like "technical difficulties" should be the motto of the Canadian immigration office...