21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
jasvarun said:
Hi... I am not sure what normal practice is for sydney.... But with my case when they saw I am an Indian citizen, they sent my file straight to New delhi and informed me after that.. I am permanent resident of Australia and have been living here from 6 years.... so from my personal exp.. if you are not aussie citizen they ll send your file straight to Visa Office responsible for your home country...Good Luck!!
Hey mate, Thanks for that. i am from Pakistan and current time line is 23 months for pakistan which is absurd. Well i'll see what happens when we aply. Best of luck to you.

gally

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
TracyS said:
I've received a letter from the VO stating I need to complete some more information (something I overlooked). I've sent it off but I'm curious as to how this works now. Has anybody had any experience with Sydney in this type of thing. Would my extra documents be placed in a queue or would they be linked to my file and looked at fairly quickly? Anybody had any similar situation? I did put my file number on each piece of new information. Thanks in advance for any help.
I wish I had read the police clearance guide carefully. I didnt submit a VIC traffic history report because I never held a license. This delayed my application.

I received a letter request for an additional document March 10th. I emailed the stat dec to Sydney VO March 28th.
I received my passport request June 6th via email.

Hope its not as long for you, Tracy. Good luck! :)

TracyS

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
File Transfer...
28-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
LANDED..........
10-09-2011
oh!..thanks for that gally..I hope mine doesn't take that long either. A little over two extra months delay for you. I was just thinking this morning, should I email Sydney asking if they received the extra information or not? It's like a catch22. They don't want you to email them asking if they've recieved the extra information yet if they haven't received it and my timeline passes, they may deny the application because they didn't get the information. Does that make sense? Anyway, congratulations on getting your visa :)

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Hi all,

I reside in QLD & as per CIC's website the residents of Queensland must submit a Traffic History Printout along with the Police Clearance Certificate

However I don't hold an Australian Driving license, so in this
1) Do i need to get some letter from Queensland Transport stating that I don't have any traffic history records
OR
2) I can attach a Statutory Declaration saying that I don't hold an Australian passport and hence there are no traffic history records for me

Appreciate your kind help!

gally

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
@ Tracy. I was fearing the same thing so I emailed them to ensure they received my email and accepted the scanned stat dec.
They emailed me a week later "Your document has been received and will be reviewed by a Visa Officer." :)

@rrv. They accepted my stat dec instead of a VICROADS traffic history printout.

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Hi all,

I'm an Indian citizen residing in Australia (for the past 1.5 yrs) and wish to apply for PR under Family class.

1) Can I get my application processed from Sydney as I'm residing in Brisbane, Australia?

2) Being an Indian citizen will my file be transferred to New Delhi, India for the second stage processing?

Thanks for your kind help!

TracyS

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
File Transfer...
28-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
LANDED..........
10-09-2011
hi gally, thanks for the tip! Would you believe it...I finally picked up the courage, emailed Sydney this morning and then the postie threw a brown package on my doorstep a few hours later. I thought it was my application returned but it was my passport request!!!!! :eek: :D :D

gally

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
TracyS said:
hi gally, thanks for the tip! Would you believe it...I finally picked up the courage, emailed Sydney this morning and then the postie threw a brown package on my doorstep a few hours later. I thought it was my application returned but it was my passport request!!!!! :eek: :D :D
Congrats Tracys, :eek: exactly...hehe :) Now thats the Sydney I was reading about earlier in this thread. Fast turnaround.
When do you expect to land?

@rrv sorry I dont know the answer to your query.

jasvarun

Apr 2, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Australia to New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued SEP 2011
LANDED..........
Oct-2011
rrv said:
Hi all,

I'm an Indian citizen residing in Australia (for the past 1.5 yrs) and wish to apply for PR under Family class.

1) Can I get my application processed from Sydney as I'm residing in Brisbane, Australia?

2) Being an Indian citizen will my file be transferred to New Delhi, India for the second stage processing?

You can ask them to process your file in sydney.... but they will probably transfer your file to ND, India....
Mine was somewhat similar... I am permanent Aussie resident living here from last 7 years.. but Sydney sent my file back to India.......may I ask you what is your visa status in australia??

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Hi all,

Kindly advice me which Visa Office (Sydney or New-Delhi) should I send my PR application (Family stream) to:

My Situation:
Myself: Indian citizen, residing & working in Australia since 2009 (on Spouse visa with no expiry date)
My Husband: Australian Citizen & Canadian PR, just moved to Canada & sponsoring me for Canadian PR (family stream).

My Preference: I wish to apply from Sydney Visa Office because:
- I don't wish to send my PP overseas to ND through International Mail
- I don't wish to be in Australia without my Passport, while my Passport is with ND VO for months.
- I don't wish to take leave and buy international ticket to fly to ND in the case of an Interview.
- Most importantly, I worry, in case my passport is requested by ND VO, they may then ask me to attend interview, but I wouldn't be able to fly to India as my Passport would already be with them.

TracyS

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
File Transfer...
28-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
LANDED..........
10-09-2011
thanks gally, Sydney were super fast and efficient. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. We've got to sell our house first and then we hope to get to Vancouver Island as soon as possible.

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
jasvarun said:
You can ask them to process your file in sydney.... but they will probably transfer your file to ND, India....
Mine was somewhat similar... I am permanent Aussie resident living here from last 7 years.. but Sydney sent my file back to India.......may I ask you what is your visa status in australia??
Hi Jasvarun
Thanks for your reply.
I'm on Spouse Visa and it doesn't have any expiry date. Also i'm working here in Australia, if they transfer my file to ND, thn I have to resign from my job and go to Delhi to submit my PP or probably for an interview.

May I ask you whether you explicitly requested them to process ur application in Sydney? I assume that you might also have been working in Aus. Did you quit your job and went to India when they asked you to submit your passport?

Thanks 1ce again for your help.

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
jasvarun said:
Hi Jasvarun,

Thanks for ur reply.

May I request you to plz tell me:

1) What did your write on -- form IMM0008, the 4th question that asks to select the visa office?

2) On the IMM1344EA, application to sponsor and undertaking, there are also questions in section C. 6a that asks where you live. Did you put your Australian address there? and have you answerd 6b and 6c with yes.

jasvarun

Apr 2, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued SEP 2011
LANDED..........
Oct-2011
rrv said:
Hi Jasvarun,

Thanks for ur reply.

May I request you to plz tell me:

1) What did your write on -- form IMM0008, the 4th question that asks to select the visa office?

2) On the IMM1344EA, application to sponsor and undertaking, there are also questions in section C. 6a that asks where you live. Did you put your Australian address there? and have you answerd 6b and 6c with yes.
Hey for IMM0008 I putted Sydney as visa office.....

On IMM1344EA I entered my australian address and 6B and 6C were answered yes......

jasvarun

Apr 2, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued SEP 2011
LANDED..........
Oct-2011
rrv said:
Hi Jasvarun
Thanks for your reply.
I'm on Spouse Visa and it doesn't have any expiry date. Also i'm working here in Australia, if they transfer my file to ND, thn I have to resign from my job and go to Delhi to submit my PP or probably for an interview.

May I ask you whether you explicitly requested them to process ur application in Sydney? I assume that you might also have been working in Aus. Did you quit your job and went to India when they asked you to submit your passport?

Thanks 1ce again for your help.
Yes Definitely I have been working to survive all these years long.....My situation is kinda I had plans to visit India before moving to Canada... So I resigned my job as soon as Sydney office advised that they forwarded my file to ND.... I am flying out on this Friday for India...They haven't requested my passport yet... Hope this clear out your doubts......

But from my experience Sydney is gonna forward your file to India because you are Indian citizen (I have indefinite PR visa from last 7 years, eligible for Australian citizenship but still Sydney decided to send my file to India)

Good Luck!!