+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applications sent JANUARY 2010

C

cowtown gal

2. Application to sponsor and Undertaking; question 10 asks if im a canadian citizen. I have been born and raised here so i would check yes. It wants to know the date, should I just write the day i was born?

say YES to that your a canadian citizen (put XXXX-XX-XX) on date
say NO to permanent resident (put XXXX-XX-XX) on date
say YES to citizenship by descent

[/quote]

Just to clarify something here: You DO tick YES to being a Canadian citizen and put your date of birth as the date you 'obtained' citizenship - your birth certificate will confirm this.

You are NOT a citizen by descent so don't answer YES to that. A citizen by descent is a person who was born outside of Canada to a Canadian citizen (not by descent) parent. For example, as a born in Canada citizen, if you had a child outside of Canada and registered them as Canadian, THEY would be a citizen by descent.

Hope that makes sense. And remember that a lot of the information for non-accomponying (sp?) family members are only for spouse/children who are not already Canadian citizens/PR (ie. not you and your daughter). The additional family member information - just the sheet where you list all this, you could include your daughter as his step-daughter, it certainly wouldn't hurt but you can always attach additional information with any explanations. We had to do that as my husband has a large step family but doesn't know them. Just provide as much info as you can.

Good luck!! :)

ngunja

Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
18-02-2010
File Transfer...
23-03-2010
Passport Req..
15-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2010
LANDED..........
16-05-2010
Hey all

Got my ppt back on Friday with visa stamp...will be heading to Canada in 2 weeks!
Thanks everyone for your help and support.

NG

May 3, 2010
Hi, long time lurker here! Looks like my immigration might happen wery soon! Exciting!

My Canadian wife and I sent our application January 7th and she was approved as sponsor 3 weeks after. They started procession my application on February 17 and a month ago they requested that I pay the right of permanent residence fee. I did, and heard nothing until today where my status was updated as "Decision made". It says they will contact me about it.

I'm hoping it will be my passport request, but don't they usually request it by email? Now I'm thinking that it's weird that they update my status sice I haven't received an email.. Maybe I'm just fretting... Especially since I already bought my ticket and will be leaving on June 7.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Should I worry that they might ask for information that will delay the process? hehe.. I think I'm losing my mind.

One more thing. If they ask for my passport now a month before I leave, do you think it's safe to send it to them and count on it being returned before I leave, or can I bring it with me to Canada and send it from there?

Hope you can help me put my mind at ease.. And thanks for all the useful information on here.. It has sure helped us a lot during the process!

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So we received a letter today that tells us to pay the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee". Its now paid..and I will be mailing it tomorrow. So i guess that means that there will be no interview required and they want me to become a permanent resident!! YAY

Am I right???

:)

kolibri

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-12-2009
Interview........
09-06-2010
Passport Req..
17-06-2010 (rec'd 05-07-10)
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010 (rec'd 16-07-10)
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
CONGRATS, Simpson!!! ;D
Most likely you are done!

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you everybody!!
Kolibri, I hope your interview goes well!! do you have any idea why they want you to and interview, not enough relationship proof?

I sent the proof of payment with Xpress post...with tracking...so it should be there in tomorrow. I wonder how long it will now till Poland knows that money has been paid and they can ask for the passport now...

exciting!!!

Good luck to everybody else!!!

kolibri

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-12-2009
Interview........
09-06-2010
Passport Req..
17-06-2010 (rec'd 05-07-10)
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010 (rec'd 16-07-10)
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
I guess just because we don't have a straight-forward case my husband was invited for the interview. First of all I myself is a new immigrant to Canada (came as a skilled worker). We just recently got married, however know each other for many years, lived together for several months in the Usa. He was ordered to leave USA since didn't extended his status on time; has ex wife and children, who are not sponsored and didn't provide information about them. So after he left USA, he stayed about a month in LT, and I invited him to come to me, and after couple months we got married.
So there are many issues, but these are real relationships with ups and downs, hope they believe him and allow him to be with me. Just so tired of all those immigration issues (at first in the USA, then here). Just want to settle and enjoy the life :)
Good luck Simpson! Where are You in Canada going to be?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU GUYS!!!

usagi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
TOKYO,JAPAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010.01.13 App received CPC-M --2010.3.9 Decition Made-- 2010.03.15 Received letter from CPC-M
File Transfer...
2010.03.09. Transfered Tokyo&Foworded to MICC---2010.03.15 Sent app to MICC----2010.03.31 Received CSQ!
Med's Done....
2009.12.07--
Passport Req..
2010.04.29---2010.05.17 Decision made
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Finally I got passport request from local office(Tokyo) by letter! :D

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrants Usagi!!!!

kolibri: My husband lives in Guelph, its near Toronto. I am here with him right now :). So if I get my visa before September, (i think i will) then i don't have to leave Canada..and me and my hubby can visit Estonia together in Christmas this year :).
Good luck to you too!!! I can totally understand what you mean by - you just want to settle and enjoy the life.

MHa919

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
??
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-30-2010
Doc's Request.
4-15-2010
Med's Request
4-15-2010
Sent ours January 30th!!! Got it returned for not having medical :/ now going to resubmit. Good luck to everyone!!!!!

kaci

Apr 28, 2010
thank you for your answers, you have helped me so much, a lot less stressful of course! as you all know this is a journey and requires some patience (which i have very little of!) yusuf, would u mind giving me your email address? i would like to talk to you about some more issues i am having. or can you write to me personally? my email is sexxieekit@live.ca.
just one quick question: i have to attach emails, conversations, etc.... do i attach just one copy of the proof? or does my husbands application need proof, and mine too? or does it all go together as one? so i would need one copy of the emails, etc.? or two copies? i have the application just about completed, and i have my husbands part, then my part, i know his part will be sent to rabat, so thats why i am wondering if i attach the proof of relationship to his application, or mine? in my application it also asks me to show proof of relationship, so do i just copy the proof from my husbands? or do i add more proof? sorry if that sounds a bit confusing!
any help would be super! thanks again for getting me along this far...
wishing everyone the best of luck!
kaci

usagi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
TOKYO,JAPAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010.01.13 App received CPC-M --2010.3.9 Decition Made-- 2010.03.15 Received letter from CPC-M
File Transfer...
2010.03.09. Transfered Tokyo&Foworded to MICC---2010.03.15 Sent app to MICC----2010.03.31 Received CSQ!
Med's Done....
2009.12.07--
Passport Req..
2010.04.29---2010.05.17 Decision made
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
simpson said:
Congrants Usagi!!!!

kolibri: My husband lives in Guelph, its near Toronto. I am here with him right now :). So if I get my visa before September, (i think i will) then i don't have to leave Canada..and me and my hubby can visit Estonia together in Christmas this year :).
Good luck to you too!!! I can totally understand what you mean by - you just want to settle and enjoy the life.
Thank you simpson!

I tracked my passport bby canada post(fedex),now it is in Japan!
It's weekend,so it still not received by embassy but pretty soon!

I don't know how long it will takes to receive my passport but I can not wait><..!

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
I feel like I've fallen into a black hole of never-ending, unresolve-able red tape dreamed up by Franz Kafka! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I got a letter from the NY consulate, asking for three things:

1) FBI clearance . . . . but my FBI clearance was included in the original application back in January. They have it already!! (And you cannot phone them. And when I send a "case-specific" email inquiry via the consulate website automated system, it's returned as "undeliverable.")

2) The Right of Permanent Residency fee, due ONLY as check or money order, ONLY via post ASAP in NYC. Okay, good, yes.

3) Um, then they ask AGAIN for "the Right of Permanent Residency fee" --- but they want an electronic receipt showing it was "paid by my sponsor at Mississauga." HUH? They want the "electronic confirmation" of my sponsor's payment. HUH? Is this a typo? The gov website doesn't mention paying TWO PoPR fees. Are their two fees? The website only mentions the PoPR fee for me an my daughter, to pay it once, via check/money order only, and via post only. . . . .(Or: Are they talking about his old sponsorship fee receipts, which went with the original application?)

Frustrated! :'( :'( :'( :'(

Anyone have a similar experience?

The CIC hotline says all inquiries need to go right to New York directly.
But you cannot phone New York.
And their email function appears to be broken.
And their instructions make ZERO SENSE.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
I got an email from NY Consulate just now:

"Please be advised that the FBI police certificate is not on file and there is no record of it from Buffalo where the file originated. Therefore, please provide this office a new FBI police certificate. Please include the file number above with all your submission. In the interim, we are also following up with Medical Services to see if the medical results are available. Thank you."

So my FBI clearance was simply LOST by CIC.

DANG.

I have to wait a few months for a new FBI clearance, and pay the US Government again for a new certificate (I still have the receipt for the first payment).

(Also, now, suddenly, they mention the Medicals also aren't on file. They went to Ottawa in January. And I inquired to make sure everything was okay weeks and weeks ago. Oh yay.)