+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applications sent JANUARY 2010

C

cowtown gal

FStone said:
I can't believe how quickly some of us are getting PPRs! Congrats to all!

Thanks cowtowngal, that makes my hubby feel better that he has an idea what to look for so he won't accidentally overlook the e-mail!
We are anxiously awaiting as well, and hoping that we have the same luck as you! It's been 23 days today that they started processing the file in London. We obviously won't hear anything until at least Tuesday because of bank holidays. It's just that we are hoping to be gone first week of June, it's a bit tight for us, as we have to give 4 weeks notice at work as well. There are still people applying through London from November still waiting for PPR so it makes me feel a bit anxious! Seeing as we haven't received a request for additional info yet after 3 and a bit weeks I am hoping they are satisfied with the quality and quantity of evidence and documents we sent!

Glad to hear the visa office knows what it's doing, we are only 2 hours from London and are toying with the idea of bringing the passport in person when we get the request. We have never been to the Maple Leaf in Covent Garden and would love to go now, so if we bring the passport in we will have a few to celebrate! We have been to CyberCandy and picked up some lovely North American sweets but haven't come across the pub yet!

Will keep you updated if we hear anything! x
I will keep my fingers crossed that you hear very soon!! We're up north and still felt better bringing the passport ourselves - lol!! We went to cybercandy yesterday, too. The Maple Leaf is on Maiden Lane and so is the expat-shop (Australia Shop) that has a Canadian section. They sell timmy's coffee (REALLY expensive, though) and other things like chocolate bars, jello pudding, kool-aid, Bick's pickles, root beer and sometimes Molson, etc, etc. Quite a good selection if you fancy any home comforts! We had a couple pints of Sleeman's in the Maple Leaf yesterday to celebrate after picking up his passport, full of Canadian cliche's but very good fun. Really hoping it all comes through in time for you to go in June. We're also hoping to land to June (mid/late June) but will coming back after and aiming to move permanently by Christmas. Best of luck!!!
x

FStone

Jan 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fab thanks for the pointers. It is just killing me not knowing, as my mom and dad are going to throw us a Canadian 'wedding' bash for everyone who couldn't make it over for England and they are desperate to book something. My friend just got us Lady Gaga tickets in Toronto in July so I hope that wasn't the kiss of death. Hubby is excited about taking me to a Canadian pub in the UK! hehe

Oh how cool, when we come over that is it. We have luckily only been renting as we didn't want the added stress of having to sell a property and we are selling everything and only bringing clothes/shoes over with us! We have friends moving to San Francisco in the 3rd week of June through the RAF and the RAF is paying all their moving costs so we are going to hide a few fragile items ie. some photos we have and my wedding gown and collect them afterwards!

Fingers crossed we hear this week or next! xxx

ambar

Star Member
Dec 1, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
Doc's Request.
15-06-2010
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Congrats to everyone who has gotten their PPR's!
how exciting! :D

It's been a month of waiting for me, so have a while to go as damascus's average is
3-7 months.. hopefully it takes less than 7 months. ::)

will keep posting if anything changes

fibud

Star Member
Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
Med's Done....
18-12-09
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-06-10
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-10
LANDED..........
23-06-10
usagi said:
Just to keep updating January Thread :)

we received CSQ today ;)
Congrats usagi! I hope this means we will receive the CSQ before the week is through! fingers crossed for everyone to have speedy processing times :D

yasika

Apr 7, 2010
hi mem/sir i got 3 year multt work purmit and iworked only nine month in canadabecouse of my famliy {in india ] iam here since from june 2009 and i am still getting valid visa sep2011 .now i want to come canada what i need for that . i am verry hope full from ur side please send me reply.

yasika

Apr 7, 2010
yasika said:
hi mem/sir i got 3 year multt work purmit and iworked only nine month in canada after that i come beck becouse of my famliy {in india ] iam here in since from june 2009 and i am still getting valid visa sep2011 .now i want to come canada what i need for that . i am verry hope full from ur side please send me reply.

LandC

Feb 22, 2010
I'm getting very anxious its been a good while since we applied and its been 2 months since CIC mississauga sent my partner the all clear for sponsorship. However we havn't heard anything from London, e-cas hasn't been updated and everything i've read online says not phone them with inquires on your application till 6months have passed. I thought i would be a week or 2 behind cowtown girl but it seems there must be something of interest in our application, ohh well fingers crossed hoping to hear something soon.

L and C

usagi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
TOKYO,JAPAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010.01.13 App received CPC-M --2010.3.9 Decition Made-- 2010.03.15 Received letter from CPC-M
File Transfer...
2010.03.09. Transfered Tokyo&Foworded to MICC---2010.03.15 Sent app to MICC----2010.03.31 Received CSQ!
Med's Done....
2009.12.07--
Passport Req..
2010.04.29---2010.05.17 Decision made
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fibud said:
Congrats usagi! I hope this means we will receive the CSQ before the week is through! fingers crossed for everyone to have speedy processing times :D
Thank you Fibud!

It was a big "Brown" envelope,so I thought that they sent me back my applications :eek:,but it was CSQ! It was much simple than CPC-M app... ;)

You will receive yours soon for sure!!
Fingers crossed for everyone to have speedy process!

FStone

Jan 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone! Just thought I would update you all! We had a knock on the door at 8:30am from the post office with a big fat envelope from the embassy, mind you this is after we had a VERY late night out. Imagine the confusion and the panic when we saw the big envelope that early and hung over from the embassy!

We opened it, and it was nearly half of our evidence back! This must mean they are finished with it! It was mainly cards to and from each other, cards for our wedding, engagement, and photos from our engagement and engagement party, wedding bits (invitation, menu, etc...), e-mails to and from each other for the last 4 years and some other random bits! I was very pleased...and then I found it!

THE REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I thought I was so thorough with the application! We sent off STACKS of information!

Basically hubby was cautioned by the police SIX years ago for drunk and disorderly in a public place and spent the night in jail sobering up and was let free in the morning. Nothing else came of it, easy peasy no problems. On the police clearance it said 'No LIVE trace' indicating there was something on his file. He wrote down everything that happened, being completely honest in the original application. But this is not good enough! They want to know from the POLICE what happened - we could not find the official caution when sending off the application so did not send it. We phoned the constabulary and they said they have destroyed his file because it was so trivial and six years ago, but give us a no live trace without having the evidence to back it up!!!! Anyhoo, I actually found the original caution dated 2004 in the first place I looked - typical when we tore the flat apart in January to search for it.

Soooo off to the post office to send it off hopefully same day delivery as its only 9:30am at the moment. I hope they will be happy with the original caution, because we can't give them anything else as they have destroyed the file! Cheeeeers!

Hopefully this won't delay our file, although I can't imagine it as within 3 days of it being dated it will be back in their hands!

C

cowtown gal

FStone said:
Hello everyone! Just thought I would update you all! We had a knock on the door at 8:30am from the post office with a big fat envelope from the embassy, mind you this is after we had a VERY late night out. Imagine the confusion and the panic when we saw the big envelope that early and hung over from the embassy!

We opened it, and it was nearly half of our evidence back! This must mean they are finished with it! It was mainly cards to and from each other, cards for our wedding, engagement, and photos from our engagement and engagement party, wedding bits (invitation, menu, etc...), e-mails to and from each other for the last 4 years and some other random bits! I was very pleased...and then I found it!

THE REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I thought I was so thorough with the application! We sent off STACKS of information!

Basically hubby was cautioned by the police SIX years ago for drunk and disorderly in a public place and spent the night in jail sobering up and was let free in the morning. Nothing else came of it, easy peasy no problems. On the police clearance it said 'No LIVE trace' indicating there was something on his file. He wrote down everything that happened, being completely honest in the original application. But this is not good enough! They want to know from the POLICE what happened - we could not find the official caution when sending off the application so did not send it. We phoned the constabulary and they said they have destroyed his file because it was so trivial and six years ago, but give us a no live trace without having the evidence to back it up!!!! Anyhoo, I actually found the original caution dated 2004 in the first place I looked - typical when we tore the flat apart in January to search for it.

Soooo off to the post office to send it off hopefully same day delivery as its only 9:30am at the moment. I hope they will be happy with the original caution, because we can't give them anything else as they have destroyed the file! Cheeeeers!

Hopefully this won't delay our file, although I can't imagine it as within 3 days of it being dated it will be back in their hands!

Arrrgh!!!!!!! Oh no - hope it doesn't delay things too long for you. Keep us posted with your progress!! Me and Mr. will keep our fingers tightly crossed for you. On an interesting note, we didn't get any of our evidence back at all. Although because the first few days of our honeymoon were at Disneyland Paris, we did send some pics of us with Mickey and I secretly suspect they've kept all our photos for days when they need a good laugh. :D

Good luck, will keep checking in to see what happens!
x

ashrak

Mar 23, 2010
hey abgaur,
congrats for such an achievement for getting ur pp on or within the time ....isnt it... :)
i am olso the 1 whose file hs been submittd on jan 6th..in missisuaga office..my husband got the approval nd file was in process in delhi office on 10th feb...on 21st feb i got the ppr nd send my pp on 22nd........bt since then...no reply frm them...i hv no idea wats goin on...nd really frustrated :(
i evn send them an e mail regarding the reciept of my pp bt got no reply...they r really testing patience of pple here....
was ur case same as mine...since u got ur visa...im worried wat went wrong with my case...they r not evn asking for ny additional documents....plzz... help me out....im really upset with the delays.... :(

FStone

Jan 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, our package with our additional information was signed for this morning! Here's hoping that is all they wanted and we can get a PPR soon! x

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My package has been In process in Poland 2 months now. Please hurry! I wanna work!

life is beautiful

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i really feel for russians and poles :( but due to endless days of mourning i guess moscow consulate didn't work for at least 1 week in last month.
and now more long weekends coming in the beg of may :(

fibud

Star Member
Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
Med's Done....
18-12-09
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-06-10
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-10
LANDED..........
23-06-10
hello all,

just thought i would share some info. about the CSQ for those applying through QC:

I called MICC today as it has been 20 business days since i submitted my partner's CSQ application and found out that they did issue it on April 9, 2010 but had entered the wrong postal code in their system. Thankfully they send a copy to Buffalo on their own (lets hope at least) and the CSQ is not required until my parnter lands - the lady on the phone was a bit rude, but still helpful in the end and advised me to call back in 2 weeks if we still did not receive the CSQ in the mail.

If anyone has or will send forms to MICC, you can call them at 514-864-9191 if you have not received your CSQ within 20 business days and they can verify if the application was approved/CSQ was issued.

Cheers!