+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Applications Sent in JUNE 2010

ella2321

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jancath410 said:
yes, I remember! I wish you a speedy process and hopefully you do go it before Christmas as your present from Santa! i will include you in my prayers.
congrats jancath410 hi wel maybe next time kami namna ng asawa ko hirap maghintay wel my husband submit his passport aom and original marriage certificate sa emabssy so how many weeks pa kaya

ella2321

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jancath410 said:
Cross Post:

My husband's e-cas has been updated today.

We started processing your application on August 27, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Niagara Falls Queenston-Lewiston Bridge office on October 14, 2010 and became a Permanent Resident.

YAY!

wel i recieved a called to emabssy phil last week she told me that they need to stamp the visa of my husband within 30days they ask aom original marriage certificate and his passport so what do you think how many weeks pa

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmmmm....Im not sure the processing time in Manila but we went through Buffalo because my husband is an American. I'm sure it will be really soon if all they are doing is stamping the PR visa. I hope you get it soon :D.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I loved to see that lots of you already got to the landing! I wish I would be one of those, but I guess I have a long way to go inland...Will be interesting to compare Buffalo and Vegreville timelines.:)

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
dont worry i am here waiting patiently like you :) :-*

fredrickpedro

Jun 21, 2010
Please seniors advise!!!!! My ecas has been "in process'' since 4th of August and uptill now theres no update, no letter and contact from CHC london. The only time we had a contact was when my wife contacted them regarding the disapperance of my address on the ecas and they replied and gave my file # which is different from my wife's client ID she used in contacting them. Am kinda confused now bcos all our plan was i should be with my wife by the end of the year for the xmas but that dream seems to be unreal now that we dont really know wot its happening. Pls is there anything i can do to hasten these people at all? Below are the timeline of the application:

June 18-Application sent to mis..
June 22- Application was recieved
July 21- Application was approved and transfer to london
Aug 4th- ECAS changed to "IN PROCESS"

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my wife's PR process started in July
still no word from them, my wife is 3 months pregnant, even if she gets PR today, there is 3 months waiting period before she can be covered... She's staying with me right now but she may have to go back and I can't be with her until when baby is due because I have to work here... just spent $500 on her first ultrasound and doc said if she doesn't get medical coverage by the due date, I wont be able to find a hospitals to deliver the baby, privately
I'm not feeling too proud to be a canadian right now when people coming in on a boat illegally get all kinds of treatments, while hospitals wont even delivery my baby.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
kkim604, I feel for both of you...That`s a main problem for everyone on visitor status- no medical coverage. If someone is staying in the counrty for a longer period waiting for the pr to be processed, it can happen easily that she/he would need it and then there is a few hundred$ medical bill for each visit...Does your wife have coverage in Korea? If she does, it`s better for her to have the baby there, even stay throughout her pregnancy. It is hard to be apart, but for her and your future baby`s safety worth this sacrifice. What`s your timeline if I may ask you?

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkim604 said:
still no word from them, my wife is 3 months pregnant, even if she gets PR today, there is 3 months waiting period before she can be covered... She's staying with me right now but she may have to go back and I can't be with her until when baby is due because I have to work here... just spent $500 on her first ultrasound and doc said if she doesn't get medical coverage by the due date, I wont be able to find a hospitals to deliver the baby, privately
I'm not feeling too proud to be a canadian right now when people coming in on a boat illegally get all kinds of treatments, while hospitals wont even delivery my baby.
Is your wife here on a visitor's visa? Have a look at Blue Cross Insurance to see if they cover pregnancy. My husband came here without PR and I got him health insurance just in case.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I know only for Alberta that Alberta Blue Cross does not cover pregnancy related medicals. But you have to have a look and might be able to get her a coverage.

deny112

Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-20010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
kkim604 said:
Hi KKim...i'm in a similar situation as you and have been closely following your progress. I also sponsored my wife in July through the Seoul office. My wife is now 4 months pregnant. However she left back for Korea last month because her student visa had expired. We were hoping our app would be finished by xmas so she could come back to Canada and have the baby here. But just by seeing your progress and seeing that you sent yours a month earlier than us is really getting us worried. Have you guys heard anything from the Seoul office. They have contacted us a couple times now. Can't remember what the first one was for, but the second said

To continue processing your application, it is necessary that you provide the following :
please note that all documents not originally prepared in English or French must be accompanied by a translation.

- Korean Marriage relation certificate showing marriage to sponsor issued by dong (or gu) office in Korea.

- Korean familyl relation certificate showing sponsor as your husband issued by dong (or gu) office in Korea.

If you do not submit the above documents within 30days from the date of this letter, your application may be refused.

Anyways...i really hope everything works out for you guys...it definitely makes it more stressful when your spouse if pregnant. Please let me know of any progress with your case and i will do the same since we seem to be in a similar situation...good luck kkim!!

maya_2010

May 18, 2010
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 20, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am also a June applicant but have lost touch since giving birth. Can anyone out help me with my situation. I guess I should also post this as a general thread.
I am trying to sponsor my spouse from Malawi, his processing office is Pretoria (South Africa). We sent our application with only a Malawi Police Certificate , even though he lived in Israel for 2 years (the Israeli embassy told us they do not issue this document to Non-israelis and my husband was a foreign student in ISrael not a citizen). We included the embassies email with our application as an explanation on why we could not provide a Police Cert.

In August my husband was contacted by the Pretoria office by email with following statement “We wish to advise that your application has been reviewed and the interview waived. The following document is required: Original police certificate for yourself from Israel. Please refer to the following website for information on how to obtain this certificate: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/israel.asp

y husband responded to this email by pointing out that we submitted an explanation on why this wasn’t possible and to please refer to that. We never received an answer so we decided to ask someone in Israel to speak directly to the police officials and inquire about further options. Finally we found out they COULD do it but it would take some time, so we started the process and we were told they would send it directly to Pretoria. A couple weeks ago we contacted the police again to make sure the document was sent and it turns out now they cant find his papers, and they are telling us that they can only send it to another Israeli embassy not to any Canadian office and it will take 3 additional weeks.

CIC gave us a due date of November 4, 2010. My question is, has anyone extended their due date and most important, to which Israel embassy should they send the Police certificate?? Please look at the procedure below and tell me what you understand on where should the document be sent if not to the Canadian Office in Pretoria.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/israel.asp

How will the Canadian embassy ever receive it if its not sent to Pretoria. Has anyone dealt with a similar scenario?

Thanks guys, I am really stressed at this point and have no idea how to proceed.

chinthu

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2010
AOR Received.
06-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
12-06-2010
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
27-08-2010 (sent on 30-08-2010 , Received by CIC on 31-08-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2010 (pp received date , decision made on 26-10-2010)
LANDED..........
11-11-2010
YES ... THE WAIT IS OVER .. I GOT MY VISA TODAY .... VERY HAPPY TO SHARE THIS WITH U ALL HERE ...

THANKS FOR EVERYBODY ESP BRITINCANADA N OTHERS FOR UR SUPPORT HERE IN THIS FORUM ... THIS FORUM HAS BEEN VERY USEFUL FOR ME AT ALL TIMES ... CANNOT FORGET THE EXP I HAD HERE ...

FOR THOSE WHO R WAITING FOR VISA N PPR, ALL D BEST AND PLS HAVE PATIENCE ..

MY PRAYERS TO ALL ...

Sep 21, 2010
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-12-2010
chinthu said:
YES ... THE WAIT IS OVER .. I GOT MY VISA TODAY .... VERY HAPPY TO SHARE THIS WITH U ALL HERE ...

THANKS FOR EVERYBODY ESP BRITINCANADA N OTHERS FOR UR SUPPORT HERE IN THIS FORUM ... THIS FORUM HAS BEEN VERY USEFUL FOR ME AT ALL TIMES ... CANNOT FORGET THE EXP I HAD HERE ...

MY PRAYERS TO ALL ...
Congrats chinthu.... Happy trip...

Sep 21, 2010
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-12-2010
chinthu said:

MY PRAYERS TO ALL ...

Wow! Congrats... I'm happy for you...
Sana i'll be the next he he