+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
You did not follow the question please. This is sponsorship application. Both the sponsor and the principal applicant are living outside canada. I know i can take boat and flight. What i need to know is how is the appeal going to be arranged for the applicant living outside? I thought a provision is made to hear it in the. VO where the application was refused
@Cosey maybe your questions would be better directed in this group (click on the link below) where people know more about the spousal refusals and appeals process. This is the main group on the forum on this topic.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz.87619/page-714

Reactions: colmiz

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
You did not follow the question please. This is sponsorship application. Both the sponsor and the principal applicant are living outside canada. I know i can take boat and flight. What i need to know is how is the appeal going to be arranged for the applicant living outside? I thought a provision is made to hear it in the. VO where the application was refused
I answered your question several times
So again...

You must be Canadian resident to file for an appeal. There are numerous appeals which one are you filing for? if sponsorship -spousal the main applicant Canadian citizen will file it in Canada for you 30 days from date of refusal.

The sponsor needs to file for you the Ghanaian resident that's how it works your sponsor will attend the hearing

Reactions: colmiz

tender

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/08/2016
Doc's Request.
My God will defend me
AOR Received.
28/08/2016
File Transfer...
01/09/2016
Med's Done....
14/06/2016
Interview........
Never by the precious blood of God
Passport Req..
This month of may will not pass me
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Congrats dear! Thanking God with u for His good works.

@ suggarcoconut, Pls did ur mycic Acct change to approved or decision made before you got your pick up mail. Tomorrow will make my passport 14days with avo and mycic still shows in progress. Also, I dnt no if last week thanksgiving holiday at avo will affect the processing Tnx.

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
I answered your question several times
So again...

You must be Canadian resident to file for an appeal. There are numerous appeals which one are you filing for? if sponsorship -spousal the main applicant Canadian citizen will file it in Canada for you 30 days from date of refusal.

The sponsor needs to file for you the Ghanaian resident that's how it works your sponsor will attend the hearing
I have not been refused though. I was going through the appeal process and everything was centered in canada. From the foregoing you need to be in canada before your case could be heard. Then outlanders are insecured especially when those who are denied spousal vusas. The framers of the law didn't anticip

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
The framers of the law didn't anticipate that one day both spouses would be outside the country; and if it did happen they would be at the receiving end. How can an applicant who have visa denied get a visa to canada for appeal hearing

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
appeals particularly are for those who applications have been denied aka refused. you appeal to overturn. you did not give details for assistance. your question very vague. Well ypur sponsor should know if she is a PR and or Citizen when filing she is to be at the country of residence. in rare case like yours she can send all the documents to Toronto head office for the appeal. part of that is going to the tribunal for hearing. as to your statement "law didn't anticipate that one day both spouses would be outside the country; and if it did happen they would be at the receiving end"- point is the sponsor is Canadian or PR when filing outland for foreign national the government main focus and accountability is for their citizen not the foreign national really. so get over it you need the visa have your sponsor come up for hearing if she is able to travel. i know the appeal process I can provide you with all details but I don't think you are ready to appeal because your focus isn't about getting overturn more..but about government and delegation?

Last edited:

Gattu_Milan

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
App. Filed.......
28 April 2017
Doc's Request.
14 June 2017
AOR Received.
10 June 2017
File Transfer...
25 July 2017
Med's Request
26 September 2017
Med's Done....
2 October 2017
Hi guys. Medicals done on Tuesday, status on GCKey online account changed to "Medicals passed" yesterday. Thank God.

Please, I have a question (spurred on by Gonja's text above, actually)- especially for those who have received PPR.
On my Schedule A, when asked if I have ever been denied a visitor/temporary resident visa, I ticked "yes" and I mentioned that I was denied a visit visa to Canada earlier this year. However, I did not mention that I had been denied a United States visit visa some years back (totally skipped my mind) - mainly because I applied again afterwards and was granted one. Any idea if this could affect my application? Should I get in touch with CIC or just wait it out?
@ Iyawospark
Hi guys. Medicals done on Tuesday, status on GCKey online account changed to "Medicals passed" yesterday. Thank God.

Please, I have a question (spurred on by Gonja's text above, actually)- especially for those who have received PPR.
On my Schedule A, when asked if I have ever been denied a visitor/temporary resident visa, I ticked "yes" and I mentioned that I was denied a visit visa to Canada earlier this year. However, I did not mention that I had been denied a United States visit visa some years back (totally skipped my mind) - mainly because I applied again afterwards and was granted one. Any idea if this could affect my application? Should I get in touch with CIC or just wait it out?
@iyawoSparks, congratulations on you passed Medical exam. Seems we have the same timeline, I did medical on Tuesday as well and it shows passed on my gckey account. With regards to your queries on declaring your previously denied visa, I think you should do that ASAP before they make a decision based on the file they have at hand! And since you already have a USA visa now they will definitely look into that history more. I could be wrong tho

kwame22

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
Hello House,my wife will be going for her interview tomorrow afternoon i want the house to pray her us ....i'm a bit nervous but i told her to be strong and answer the question short..don't go into details..And my question is all the document that was ask for present including that document was police certificate,i thought police certificate is usually requested for after medicals?i may be wrong i just need some clarification on that... doesn't it means although she's been ask for interview is it a good sign that they ask her to come with police certificate?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello House,my wife will be going for her interview tomorrow afternoon i want the house to pray her us ....i'm a bit nervous but i told her to be strong and answer the question short..don't go into details..And my question is all the document that was ask for present including that document was police certificate,i thought police certificate is usually requested for after medicals?i may be wrong i just need some clarification on that... doesn't it means although she's been ask for interview is it a good sign that they ask her to come with police certificate?

congrats in advance
tell wifey to relax and be friendly to the point it would not feel like an interview. speak of you in a loving manner as if she was talking to a friend about you...
now the police certificate if she has it in advance with schedule A then bravo your one step ahead she can bring all of it with her it doesn't hurt usually I like to provide them items before they even ask just to expedite things
all the best to you and your wife. i know tomorr afternoon we will be having congrats Kwame+wife

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Why are dependents 16 and over asked to attend interview? Are they also interviewed? I need quick answer from those who have had previous experience.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Why are dependents 16 and over asked to attend interview? Are they also interviewed? I need quick answer from those who have had previous experience.
That is just how it is. They must be present. If you got a letter for an interview you'll see that beside where it states that they need to be present, that if they aren't it will delay your processing, or in other words could result in your application being denied.

Reactions: Cutie101

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
The framers of the law didn't anticipate that one day both spouses would be outside the country; and if it did happen they would be at the receiving end. How can an applicant who have visa denied get a visa to canada for appeal hearing
@Cosey - I hope the sponsor still has active permanent residence or citizenship? If so, they only need a mode of transportation to get to Canada for said hearing. If not, they are not eligible to sponsor a spouse to come to Canada, which would obviously be a much bigger problem... in any case, hopefully you have a solicitor handling your appeal case who can advise you of exactly what needs to be done.

Reactions: colmiz and Cutie101

kwame22

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
congrats in advance
tell wifey to relax and be friendly to the point it would not feel like an interview. speak of you in a loving manner as if she was talking to a friend about you...
now the police certificate if she has it in advance with schedule A then bravo your one step ahead she can bring all of it with her it doesn't hurt usually I like to provide them items before they even ask just to expedite things
all the best to you and your wife. i know tomorr afternoon we will be having congrats Kwame+wife
Hi Cutie,they requested for it(police certificate)