FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp

When you go through this you'll see on the right side where it says about applying before or after December and about being processed before December 2017.
Thanks for taking time to explain. I saw that and I perfectly understand that's y I said it won't work esp those whose app is close to that Dec they started the new 12months process.

In as much as I might not be affected but it's still sad seeing no movement from apps earlier than mine. In this journey ur neighbors step forward is also ur own step closer to our destinations. I keep looking out for ur and other Aug applicants good news cos that gives all d encouragement one need to keep striving.

This house shall overflow with goodnews b4 month end. Am keeping my faith alife

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Thanks for taking time to explain. I saw that and I perfectly understand that's y I said it won't work esp those whose app is close to that Dec they started the new 12months process.

In as much as I might not be affected but it's still sad seeing no movement from apps earlier than mine. In this journey ur neighbors step forward is also ur own step closer to our destinations. I keep looking out for ur and other Aug applicants good news cos that gives all d encouragement one need to keep striving.

This house shall overflow with goodnews b4 month end. Am keeping my faith alife
Definitely. And really who's to say AVO will actually follow the general rule. And it only says they will try to by December 2017. You're right, all in all we're suffering together with a very slow visa office while other offices appear to be making huge strides in their processing. Every single application approval is one step forward for all of us. Silence is disheartening and we feel stalled and stuck. According to my records of all apps on this forum, AVO is at the second slowest processing time since 2014. :( Let us hope good knees flows out before the end of June.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
HE SENT AN EMAIL AND HE SAID HE SENT IT AS AN URGENT EMAIL SO HOPEFULLY WE SHOULD GET A RESPONSE BEFORE THE END OF THE WEEK. WE JUST WANT THE LANDING PROCESS SHOULD BE DONE WITHOUT DELAY...... DO YOU HAVE A NUMBER WE CAN CALL?
Anyone have any helpful phone numbers??

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
HELLO EVERYONE, OUR PRAYERS HAS BEEN ANSWERED AND MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN ASKED TO SEND IS PASSPORT SO AS TO BE ISSUED IS VISA HAS HE MUST BE LANDED BEFORE IS MEDICALS EXPIRES WHICH IS JULY 10....... THE ONLY THING IS THAT WE ARE TOLD TO SEND IS PASSPORT TO GHANA BUT WE BOTH LIVE IN CANADA HERE AND WE WERE HOPING THAT HIS PASSPORT SHOULD BE SEND TO OTTAWA..... THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE ADVICE. GOOD NEWS TO COME OUR WAYS IJN

Congrats......

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
I'd advise you call the Ottawa office. Just Google cic Ottawa office. As far as I know people send their passports to different CIC offices from different countries all the time so I'm not sure if it's illegal or not. If they were specifically asking you to send to AVO, then I'd take them for their word. You should act quickly too, they can be a drag with sending back passports after processing it.
HE SENT AN EMAIL AND HE SAID HE SENT IT AS AN URGENT EMAIL SO HOPEFULLY WE SHOULD GET A RESPONSE BEFORE THE END OF THE WEEK. WE JUST WANT THE LANDING PROCESS SHOULD BE DONE WITHOUT DELAY...... DO YOU HAVE A NUMBER WE CAN CALL?

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO EVERYONE, OUR PRAYERS HAS BEEN ANSWERED AND MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN ASKED TO SEND IS PASSPORT SO AS TO BE ISSUED IS VISA HAS HE MUST BE LANDED BEFORE IS MEDICALS EXPIRES WHICH IS JULY 10....... THE ONLY THING IS THAT WE ARE TOLD TO SEND IS PASSPORT TO GHANA BUT WE BOTH LIVE IN CANADA HERE AND WE WERE HOPING THAT HIS PASSPORT SHOULD BE SEND TO OTTAWA..... THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE ADVICE. GOOD NEWS TO COME OUR WAYS IJN
Dec 9, 2016 at 10:58 PM
spacepmi said:
Hi gapoha,
Since you are in China, did you receive ur ppr from AVO or from embassy in China. Also are you sending your passport back to AVO or to the embassy in China
It was from AVO and I will send my passport to AVO because I am time bound. I could have requested then to forward it to China for this visa here but thought that might delay things as I don't have much time with my resident permit in China, I think time is just enough for my pp to go to AVO and come back to me by DHL.

To Him Be The Glory!!

Refer to this poster on pages 551 of this thread. I think you are safe sending it to AVO since the requested it.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
WE WERE TOLD TO SEND IS PASSPORT TO ACCRA BUT THE LAWYER SAY WE ARE MEANT TO SEND TO OTTAWA SINCE HE RESIDE IN CANADA AND ALSO IT IS ILLEGAL TO SEND PASSPORT OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY..AM JUST CONFUSED
I agree with the others. People send their passports to Accra all the time. With the time sensitivity, if I were you, I'd DHL it asap.

Your lawyer maybe thinking of a rule for Canadian passports but even that since CIC is asking for it, you should be fine. I was told that photocopying the data page of my Canadian passport was illegal when I was sponsoring my hubby and I told the person to go and tell that to CIC who asked me to attach it as proof of citizenship :)

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
I am an April applicant also, I would strongly suggest that you upload it on the webform, send a scanned copy to your husband, and he can send it through regular mail to CIC.
I did both options, and they got back to us that there was an error, the upload link became active, and within a week file got transferred to Accra.
Thank you so much.

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
There is a prompt on the cic website saying you can send them through the web form. I'll advise you can also try using the AVO email address or sending by courier if you want to be extra sure they receive it.
Thank you!

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
WE WERE TOLD TO SEND IS PASSPORT TO ACCRA BUT THE LAWYER SAY WE ARE MEANT TO SEND TO OTTAWA SINCE HE RESIDE IN CANADA AND ALSO IT IS ILLEGAL TO SEND PASSPORT OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY..AM JUST CONFUSED
...You can send your passport through DHL to Ghana..I know someone that did it.

GENEGENE

May 4, 2017
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ADVICE..... WE CALLED CIC AND CIC TOLD US NOT TO SEND THE PASSPORT OVERSEAS AS IT IS ILLEGAL AND THEY COULD BE CONSEQUENCES FOR THAT, SAYING THEY SHOULD HAVE DIRECTED US TO SEND IT TO OTTAWA, SO WE SHOULD EMAIL THEM LETTING THEM KNOW MY SPOUSE LIVE IN CANADA AND NOT NIGERIA WHICH I THOUGHT THEY KNEW BECAUSE OUR ADDRESSES STATE WE BOTH LIVE IN CANADA.... WE JUST PRAYING THE AVO REPLY TO OUR EMAIL ON TIME AUTHORIZING CIC OTTAWA TO ISSUE THE LANDING DOCUMENT.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Hi all. Trying to understand timelines out of the Accra VO. Can anyone tell me how long it took from receiving the email to say that their file was forwarded to the AVO to them receiving the medical request? Specifically anyone that applied after the December "improvements" to timelines. Thanks in advance.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hi all. Trying to understand timelines out of the Accra VO. Can anyone tell me how long it took from receiving the email to say that their file was forwarded to the AVO to them receiving the medical request? Specifically anyone that applied after the December "improvements" to timelines. Thanks in advance.
@AnneMariee might be able to tell you.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
In regards to Mississauga forwarding file, I got an email April 18th to say that it was sent to AVO. Then April 27th ECAS showed ''we started processing..."(AOR2)

For the medical, I say we just got very lucky. During the system glitch, well I didn't know it was, I just called Mississauga that morning (since AVO doesn't take calls) to say that we saw medical requested but no correspondence. The agent wasn't aware at the time just like me that it was just an error. So she sent email to my PA and advice on what can be done.
My PA called the clinic same day to book the appointment and the next day got it done (june 7).
By Saturday morning (june 10), it had changed from medical requested to if you need medical, instructions will be sent to you.
By Monday morning (june 12), it changed to you passed the medical exam.

So I can't necessarily say that it was 'requested' , I believe we just got really lucky. Hence its hard to give u a timeline of when file was transferred to medical request