24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Amaechidez said:
Good morning everyone. Just to inform the house that my passport is ready for pickup but please i have a question. Do i need a transit visa going to canada with british airways? What about kLM , Air France? Can someone please explian more about this transit visa and any cheap flight to canada. Am going to Vancouver, BC.
Congratulations !!!

For the 3 airlines you mentioned, you do not need a transit visa as long as they are not transiting the USA.

As for cost, it depends on the date you plan to travel. You will have to visit the individual site for connections and cost.

Also you can try Lufthansa too.

Cisco85

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
File Transfer...
30-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Passport Req..
25-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
28-09-2016
Amaechidez said:
Good morning everyone. Just to inform the house that my passport is ready for pickup but please i have a question. Do i need a transit visa going to canada with british airways? What about kLM , Air France? Can someone please explian more about this transit visa and any cheap flight to canada. Am going to Vancouver, BC.

Congratulation ! When did you apply ?

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amaechidez said:
Congratulation on your pickup mail Ameachidez.
Please share your timeline.

Amaechidez

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you my people. To God be the glory. It will all end in praises. Actually am in the Economic class, my wife started as a live- in caregiver in canada . So she is sponsoring the whole family and the application started in 2013/2014. So its all about patience and having faith. From receiving the application to transfering of file. Then AIP which is the Approval In Principle. Then open work permit. Security and background check to Medical. PPR and Visa, i give God the glory. It has not been easy us.

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
Amaechidez said:
Thank you my people. To God be the glory. It will all end in praises. Actually am in the Economic class, my wife started as a live- in caregiver in canada . So she is sponsoring the whole family and the application started in 2013/2014. So its all about patience and having faith. From receiving the application to transfering of file. Then AIP which is the Approval In Principle. Then open work permit. Security and background check to Medical. PPR and Visa, i give God the glory. It has not been easy us.

Indeed...to God be the glory. Great things he has done
congrats

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
Amaechidez said:
I dont think British airways goes without transit visa, had a conversation with a wakanow agent and was told that i cant fly with BA without transit visa, please inquire again if you can.

KLM , Lufthansa and Air france do go without Transit

Congrats Amaechidez

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
xtreme said:
I dont think British airways goes without transit visa, had a conversation with a wakanow agent and was told that i cant fly with BA without transit visa, please inquire again if you can.

KLM , Lufthansa and Air france do go without Transit

Congrats Amaechidez
There are exemptions - you don't need a transit visa for UK if you have a visa (any kind) for Canada and you are not not going through border control in the UK . My friend flies BA thru Heathrow and never had to obtain a transit visa.
https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/nigeria/transit/no

*Mandie*

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
mandiebraxton said:
There are exemptions - you don't need a transit visa for UK if you have a visa (any kind) for Canada and you are not not going through border control in the UK . My friend flies BA thru Heathrow and never had to obtain a transit visa.

*Mandie*
Even if you will go thru border control (maybe to pick up luggage), you are still fine as long as you have a valid Canadian visa and an onward airline ticket. Talkless of you when carry migrant visa. Lol.

Amaechidez

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Aroms , Agi2009 , Xtreme , Mandie , Xls for your suggestions and advise. I apprieciate all. Happy Sunday and God bless everyone.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Please is there any MAY applicant's who have received SA? Please tell me let me know, my application have past 2months now no SA approval or any message from CIC
Thanks for helping in advance

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
mandiebraxton said:

*Mandie*
Thank you Mandie

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Timosky99 said:
Please is there any MAY applicant's who have received SA? Please tell me let me know, my application have past 2months now no SA approval or any message from CIC
Thanks for helping in advance
For SA timeline, you should be following the May 2016. CPC - Mississauga seem to process SA in order of receipt so check the timelines here
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/may-2016-outland-spousal-applicants-t412073.0.html

Also I think you should have received an acknowledgement e-mail by now, have you checked your spam?

*Mandie*

Donda

Dec 22, 2015
After combing through all the other forums, every other visa office is processing November applications except Accra,even the Philippines that have similar processing tI me.

My MPs office contacted CIC to inquire about the status of our application. The file has not even been assigned to an officer yet!

Please September to November applicants who have requested your gcms notes, can you share the status of your applications?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Donda said:
After combing through all the other forums, every other visa office is processing November applications except Accra,even the Philippines that have similar processing tI me.

My MPs office contacted CIC to inquire about the status of our application. The file has not even been assigned to an officer yet!

Please September to November applicants who have requested your gcms notes, can you share the status of your applications?
Yes, that is the disparity in processing after SA. It's sad how slow AVO is. Hopefully we will be able to view more details about our file from July 23.
*Mandie*

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
@mandiebraxton ...how do I get my MPs to contact AVO plz? And what information do I need to provide him or her....thanks in advance